Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold seat selection for other travellers - process change?

Gold seat selection for other travellers - process change?

Old Feb 20, 16, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the BA forum TravelBoys. It's good to see you here, and I very much hope that you will continue to be active in this online community.

I suspect - and certainly my own bookings work this way - that if the GCH had made the booking and then allocated you a seat, there would have been no problem. It's long been the case that on the Embraer 190 that row 2C/D is a Gold perk, but if they head the booking they can put their travel companion with them. GCH can also ring up to TCP unrelated bookings as shown upthread.

The slight problem with this is that if the service is being adjusted for trim at T-72 hours, then the SCH is regarded as fair game for a seat shift, whereas the Gold will probably not be shifted. On the other hand if there are no trim issues then at that point you - as a Silver - can selected 2C/D if available.
That's not the case I'm afraid C-W-S, I made all the bookings for Mrs Lem and I and she can no longer sit in an exit row. Could do up until a couple of weeks ago, but when this 'glitch' (which is starting to sound more and more like a policy change given what CR are telling people) appeared, we were moved out of all our exit row seats
Old Feb 23, 16, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster auto-topup.
In similar vein, I too have been struggling to try to get my BAEC Blue travelling partner on same booking to sit with me in exit row 12 of A320 LHR-TXL in April. I too had thought the glitch was the culprit as mentioned by Darth here and by others in big thread elsewhere on this forum. Over a course of two weeks I called three times and supervisors were queried while on hold several times. The last agent, who seemed very knowledgeable said he could see the repeated requests to gold seating but "there were certain seats that only gold card holders can sit in until seating opens up at OLCI". I think I was worn down enough and just gave up at this point and accepted that, even though it seemed contradictory to the published gold benefit. Middle class prob, let it lie, etc.

And then, behold, last night myflights beeps with a change to booking and Mr Blue has been moved next to me into the requested exit row seat.

Can someone confirm if the published benefit of golds booking seats for free for all members of party extends TO EVERY SEAT ON THE PLANE. It would seem it does based on my current experience but to be honest I can't remember if I have tried for exit rows in the past with partners. It must be said, the wording on site is ambiguous to indicate "every seat". I have to say, and in all fairness given what's going on with glitch, I despair of anyone at BA customer services understanding this distinction.
Old Feb 23, 16, 6:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe View Post
Can someone confirm if the published benefit of golds booking seats for free for all members of party extends TO EVERY SEAT ON THE PLANE.
I know that it does NOT extend to First row 1 (in advance). But while TCP is a published benefit I don't think it specifies it to the level of detail that you are suggesting here.
Old Feb 23, 16, 8:17 am

Can someone confirm if the published benefit of golds booking seats for free for all members of party extends TO EVERY SEAT ON THE PLANE. It would seem it does based on my current experience but to be honest I can't remember if I have tried for exit rows in the past with partners. It must be said, the wording on site is ambiguous to indicate "every seat". I have to say, and in all fairness given what's going on with glitch, I despair of anyone at BA customer services understanding this distinction.
No it doesn't. Some seats are reserved for ONLY GCH such as row 1 on the 747.
Old Feb 23, 16, 8:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As noted row 1 in F on long haul is not included, also not when they are on HBO, and only for the seat next to you in the same cabin.
Old Feb 23, 16, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster auto-topup.
Thanks folks. I guess I'm stupefied that getting an exit row in ET should just be so damn difficult. But then again, maybe I shouldn't...
Old Feb 23, 16, 9:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by strichener View Post
Some seats are reserved for ONLY GCH
...and oneworld Emeralds.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: