Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Silk Cut
Belfast Do - Saturday 10th September 2016
I'm sure that MickV's busy, so as I've just booked my flight I thought I'd take the initiative and start the wiki . He's given some ideas of places to stay and transport here.

Robinson and Cleaver (http://www.robinsonandcleaver.com/) - meet at 6pm
Booking of 20 people inside. We can move outside to the terrace if the weather is nice. Location map here - it is on the north side of city hall.

Interested in a city tour - Calchas, hcuk94, Nufnuf77, GadgetGal, KARFA
Confirmed for R&C - MickV, LondonAndy, KARFA,GadgetGal, Calchas, hcuk94 ,tomparskate, noniron, MsCapricorn, Sealink, haasha, catharsis

Maybe onto the Duke of York after?

Attending

MickV
KARFA
LondonAndy
Paul4040
rxfleming
Sealink
Tobias-UK + Lady Tobias
noniron
nufnuf77
Calchas
Tomparskate
haasha
catharsis
MsCapricorn
GadgetGal
hcuk94

Possible
bd95
flatlander
JamieABZ
PETER01
ratechaser
srbrenna + Mrs srbrenna
thejohn

Flights

Friday 9 September - flight arrival time shown
BA1426 21:15 (LHR - BHD): LondonAndy, haasha, Calchas

Saturday 10 September- flight arrival time shown
BE121 07:45 (GLA - BHD): hcuk94
EZY603 08:15 (LPL - BFS): Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias
BE730 08:20 (LBA - BHD): KARFA
BA1424 08:35 (LHR - BHD): Sealink, GadgetGal
BE362 08:45 (EMA - BHD): nufnuf77
BE125 12.05 (GLA - BHD): MsCapricorn
EZY486 16:15 ( EDI-BFS) : tomparskate

Sunday 11 September - flight departure time shown
BA1415 13:25 (BHD - LHR): KARFA, Calchas, GadgetGal
BE1355 13:35 (BHD - LCY): hcuk94
EZY610 14:50 (BFS - LPL): Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias
BE130 16:25 (BHD - GLA): MsCapricorn
BA1419 19:00 (BHD - LHR): LondonAndy; Sealink
BA1421 20:05 (BHD - LHR): haasha
EZY487 21:35 ( BFS- EDI) : tomparskate

Hotels

Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter:

The Merchant: In the heart of the Cathedral Quarter, probably Belfast’s best hotel. Normally around £220 per night. Fabulous cocktail bar, again, probably the best in Belfast. Food is over-rated and can be poor. Walking: City Hall 5 minutes. Ivory 5 minutes. Duke of York 2 minutes.

The Hilton: FlyerTalkers in Residence: KARFA Standard Hilton fair. Location can be a bit dodgy a night but I have never had a problem. I always find it over priced money and points wise. 5 minutes to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Fitzwilliam: Relatively new hotel. Decent sized rooms with good atmosphere. Very central, beside the main bus station. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Europa: FlyerTalkers in Residence: Tobias-UK, The Lady Tobias, Sealink It is known as the "most bombed hotel in Europe" and the "most bombed hotel in the world" after having suffered 28 bomb attacks during the Troubles. It is fantastic. Slightly old, slightly small rooms but the place has it. Good staff, good bar, good transport links. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.
lowcostholidays link

Park Inn: FlyerTalkers in Residence: Catharsis, hcuk94, GadgetGal Standard Park Inn for you Club Carlson fan boys. Hard to get a hotel any closer to City Hall. 1 minute walk to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 7 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Ten Square: Beside city hall. Always packed with Early Saturday drinkers. Not for me.

Transport:
Belfast International (BFS): Served by Easyjet and Ryanair. It is named International because it is probably closer to the International Space Station than Belfast City Centre. Getting into Town will probably take 30 minutes by taxi (£35-£40) or 45-50 minutes by bus. I think the bus runs every 15 minutes or so and cost £7.50 one way, £10.50 return.

Belfast City (BHD): Served by BA, Flybe and Aer Lingus. Centrally located. 10 minutes by taxi roughly £15-£20. Bus about 20 minutes. Bus is also every fifteen minutes and the main bus station is beside the Europa Hotel.

Dublin Airport (DUB): £8 by bus pre booked online and will take 2 hours 15/30 minutes.

Things to do in Belfast:
http://visit-belfast.com has everything really. The only thing to be careful about is tours to the North coast can take hours and hours. I would recommend the Titanic centre and the Black taxi tour. The black taxi tour is fantastic and takes you through some of the real flash points in Belfast and give a great insight to the City, plus it’s very funny.
Print Wikipost

Belfast Do 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
September is so far away at the moment but I will try! Never been.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Fingeers crossed I can come along, can't see any reason not to, so I am a strong maybe at the moment.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Now booked flights. Arriving early Saturday on BE from LBA so I can have a few hours to look around Belfast. Back on Sunday on BA via LHR.

Booked Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter hotel for now.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Well done KARFA, see you there!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
All the hotels seem very expensive for that weekend!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:08 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Jamier45
All the hotels seem very expensive for that weekend!
Very normal for Belfast. £80-£100 a night usually.

I won't be booking anything until a week or so before, but luckily I have somewhere to stay if I do come so more £££ for champers.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 1:44 pm

Think I'll be booking the Ibis on queen street. A decent hotel (stayed there before) and will get me a few more Accor points.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Tempted myself considering the flights from LBA on timings/price. Any suggestions on good places to stay?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Tempted myself considering the flights from LBA on timings/price. Any suggestions on good places to stay?
Merchant
Fitzwilliam
Malmaison

Or if all else fails, the Hilton and Radisson are OK as well...
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Now booked flights. Arriving early Saturday on BE from LBA so I can have a few hours to look around Belfast. Back on Sunday on BA via LHR.

Booked Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter hotel for now.
Has a final date been set then? I couldn't seem to find one mentioned and the tread title does not mention it.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Has a final date been set then? I couldn't seem to find one mentioned and the tread title does not mention it.
Yes http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26208131-post32.html
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:40 am

I think we are going for 10th September
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I need to find a client to have a meeting with in the us so i can tag this one on too...
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:44 am

Great, that is the one weekend in September I can do.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Belfast Do September 10th 2016

Location: It depends what people want really. To me, to get the feel of Belfast on a night out the Cathedral Quarter is the area to go. Belfast is very compact and easy to move around. There is a restaurant at the top of Victoria Square shopping centre that will host a BBQ and is normally quite reasonable. It is a five minute walk onto the Cathedral Quarter. Maybe light bite to eat here and onto the Duke of York?
http://www.theivorybelfast.com/restaurant/home

Hotels:
The Merchant. In the heart of the Cathedral Quarter, probably Belfast’s best hotel. Normally around £220 per night. Fabulous cocktail bar, again, probably the best in Belfast. Food is over-rated and can be poor. Walking: City Hall 5 minutes. Ivory 5 minutes. Duke of York 2 minutes.
The Hilton. Standard Hilton fair. Location can be a bit dodgy a night but I have never had a problem. I always find it over priced money and points wise. 5 minutes to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Fitzwilliam. Relatively new hotel. Decent sized rooms with good atmosphere. Very central, beside the main bus station. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

The Europa. It is known as the "most bombed hotel in Europe" and the "most bombed hotel in the world" after having suffered 28 bomb attacks during the Troubles. It is fantastic. Slightly old, slightly small rooms but the place has it. Good staff, good bar, good transport links. 3 minute walk to City Hall, 5 minutes to Ivory, 9 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Park Inn. Standard Park Inn for you Club Carlson fan boys. Hard to get a hotel any closer to City Hall. 1 minute walk to City Hall, 3 minutes to Ivory, 7 minutes or so to the Duke of York.

Ten Square, beside city hall. Always packed with Early Saturday drinkers. Not for me.

If anyone else needs a review, happy to provide it.

Transport:
Belfast International, served by Easyjet and Ryanair. It is named International because it is probably closer to the International Space Station than Belfast City Centre. Getting into Town will probably take 30 minutes by taxi (£35-£40) or 45-50 minutes by bus. I think the bus runs every 15 minutes or so and cost £7.50 one way, £10.50 return.
Belfast City. BA, Flybe and Aer Lingus. Centrally located. 10 minutes by taxi roughly £15-£20. Bus about 20 minutes. Bus is also every fifteen minutes and the main bus station is beside the Europa Hotel.
Dublin Airport. £8 by bus pre booked online and will take 2 hours 15/30 minutes.
Things to do in Belfast:
http://visit-belfast.com has everything really. The only thing to be careful about is tours to the North coast can take hours and hours. I would recommend the Titanic centre and the Black taxi tour. The black taxi tour is fantastic and takes you through some of the real flash points in Belfast and give a great insight to the City, plus it’s very funny.

If there is any else anybody needs to know just shout. Hopefully one of the Mods could change the title to include the date and I will start a wiki asap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.