Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Agent booking "ineligible" for UUA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Flying JFK-LHR on Friday in CW, booked through employers' travel agent, availability today opened up on F.

Phoned BAEC to UUA and they refused, claiming the ticket was a special deal ineligible for upgrade. I am in booking class R, which I understood was eligible, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Cheers!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did your corporate travel agent give you an unpublished (bulk or consolidator) fare? These sometimes have a fare designator after the exact fare code, usually IME a slash followed by four letters. You need to double check the BA rules about whether any such fare that you have is ineligible for various types of upgrades.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:56 pm

do any of the items listed under 02 here apply? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948846-post7.html
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Panda4
Flying JFK-LHR on Friday in CW, booked through employers' travel agent, availability today opened up on F.

Phoned BAEC to UUA and they refused, claiming the ticket was a special deal ineligible for upgrade. I am in booking class R, which I understood was eligible, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Cheers!
Where are you based and where is the TA based? If not the same country then UUA is not available.

Oh and and I see caz123 has linked the info I was looking for.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both.

I think problem is that the outbound has already been flown. How irritating!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:42 pm

Thanks both.

The fact that the outbound is flown the problem is potentially that while the booking code is R the fare isnt a published fare. Instead it is a special bulk/deal ticket ultimately a discounted fare.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks both.

Hang up and call again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.