Turbulence on BA378 to Toulouse

Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BA235
Undoubedly so, but those of us with 'irrational' fears of turbulence and flying would find this a very unpleasant experience. So I'm with DYKWIA. I felt my stomach go just watching it.
Even as a non fearful aviation enthusiast I have to say I would have been a little uneasy on finals- it looked pretty horrible. Coincidentally my worst ever approach/landing was on BA into Zurich- I remember the cabin crew having to do the final cabin check by effectively swinging from one headrest to the other
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hit something today flying LUX-LHR about ten minutes from landing that caused the whole plane to gasp and a few screams, including one from the lead CC. Only lasted a few seconds, but I've never felt anything like it in thousands of flights. Like the hand of God was moving the plane. There's some weird air out there right now.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by ASI
A good few seconds of sustained positive-G (pushing in to seat/floor), followed by a longer period of negative-G, with a lot of roll activity coming over the top. Definitely not the usual convective type turbulence, and much more characteristic of flying through a mountain wave or similar.
Hmm, that doesn't sound like mountain wave to me. Mountain waves are nice and smooth, and definitely don't break legs for anyone inside the plane on a transport category aircraft. So nice and smooth some pilots actively seek them when flying! (nothing like nose pointing straight down, speed approaching Vne, and climbing 2000ft/min!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.