That TP reset thing...

Old Feb 9, 16, 1:02 am
Original Poster

That TP reset thing...

Classic question:

Tier Collection Year ends 08 feb.
If I fly on the 8th, does that mean these points should count in the new year or the old year?
They posted today and obviously account was reset today so the 40 TP have been taken away.
Is this correct? If the year resets on the 8th then anything after would count on the new year, hence I should keep the 40.

09-Feb-16 Flights ARN LHR 40 2,225
09-Feb-16 Balance Adjustment -40 0
09-Feb-16 Points Reset for New Membership Year 0
07-Feb-16 Flights LHR ARN 40 2,225
03-Feb-16 Flights ARN LHR 40 2,225
Old Feb 9, 16, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Your collection year resets at the end of the day on the 8th. Any points earned on the 8th count towards the year that is ending and will be wiped on the 9th, as that is when your new year starts.
Old Feb 9, 16, 1:12 am
Original Poster

pfffffft
Old Feb 9, 16, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If the TP year ends on the 8th so the TPs are zeroed on the 9th, why are TPs earned on the 9th also removed? Why the -40? They are earned in the new year (which began at the start of the 9th).
Old Feb 9, 16, 11:24 am

He flew on the 8th, and the TPs posted on the 9th. They count to the year in which the flight was taken, not the year in which they eventually appeared on the account.
Old Feb 9, 16, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Dear Petrus

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board. It's always good to see new member....... OOOOOOPS!!..........

Information about TP reset dates can be found in here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Old Feb 9, 16, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
They get taken away!!! happened to me,earned 80 TP's one day,BA took them away the next day!! same as you my tier point year ended on the 8th,my flight was on the 7th,so next day,all gone.... I tried to appeal to BA,but they have no heart,as I do not fly that often,and I was only about 100 TP's from Silver....so still only Bronze now..have given up trying to get silver,not rich enough.
Old Feb 9, 16, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by liamvad View Post
They get taken away!!! happened to me,earned 80 TP's one day,BA took them away the next day!! same as you my tier point year ended on the 8th,my flight was on the 7th,so next day,all gone....
Well that's the rules of the BAEC!
Old Feb 9, 16, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
pfffffft
Genuine question, not stirring (!): did you consider a quick TPR to get a GUF2?
I am going to get the GUF2 but am considering a weekend away to get the 300 or so TPs I will need for x2 GUF1.

And d*** them all to h*** for the GGL qualification changes, of course....
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
Well that's the rules of the BAEC!
Yes,I know,was my fault,I had not flown for ages,then did loads of trips,never thought about my TP start date,I just thought BA might give them back as a gesture,but no.............no heart,well at least the call centre in India.
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:53 pm

Exactly this circumstance happened to me: CW LHR NRT credited to last collection year because it took off on February 8 and landed on Feb 9.

I then made 2490 TP for this year!!
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Yes,I know,was my fault,I had not flown for ages,then did loads of trips,never thought about my TP start date,I just thought BA might give them back as a gesture,but no.............no heart,well at least the call centre in India.
Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't take it personally, they'd do the same to anybody else...just one of those things I'm afraid.
Old Feb 9, 16, 4:13 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP, A3 Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
They get taken away!!! happened to me,earned 80 TP's one day,BA took them away the next day!! same as you my tier point year ended on the 8th,my flight was on the 7th,so next day,all gone.... I tried to appeal to BA,but they have no heart,as I do not fly that often,and I was only about 100 TP's from Silver....so still only Bronze now..have given up trying to get silver,not rich enough.
Well if you were 100 short of silver and got the 80 tier points to count for the year, you'd still be 20 points shy and still be bronze. So whilst I agree that BA were heartless and mean to you, they didn't make your plight any worse. Maybe you can use the BA97.com calendar to find people to guest you in to the lounge...I've been told it's much better drinking champagne in the Concorde Room with company
Old Feb 9, 16, 4:22 pm

Sorry to hear that but I suppose we all learn from these sort of things. A few years ago I did the same thing without thinking about it. When I joined FT I thought I was going to be Silver as my redemption flights gave me TP's
Old Feb 9, 16, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazy8534 View Post
Genuine question, not stirring (!): did you consider a quick TPR to get a GUF2?
I am going to get the GUF2 but am considering a weekend away to get the 300 or so TPs I will need for x2 GUF1.

And d*** them all to h*** for the GGL qualification changes, of course....
Man, you should have seen the look on my wife's face when I mentioned that I was thinking of going flying over a few weekends to get more points for "our" accounts. As I am currently a SH commuter, additional flying is just not going to go down that well in House of Petrus.

Search this Thread