'holding cancelled' -advice

Old Feb 7, 16, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
'holding cancelled' -advice

Hi - grateful for advice on what to do with an Avios booking made on BA (operated by Iberia Express) from Las Palmas to Heathrow in November that weekly gets cancelled which shows on My flights as holding cancelled.

Each week I call BA and they apologise, reinstate flight, update notes asking Iberia not to cancel. This is now the fourth time that it has happened. The flight is still operating but it seems Iberia keeps cancelling the Avios booking.
Old Feb 7, 16, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I haven't heard of multiple cancels, but what I have heard of is I2 cancelling redemptions because there is a flight timetable change, and the replacement service didn't offer Avios availability. I would almost be tempted to make a further - last - attempt to reinstate it, get all the documentary screen prints possible to show the flight is good for you, then leave it until a few days before travel before checking again (and calling again if necessary). They wouldn't want to cause an Involuntary Denied Boarding per EC261..... I actually suspect if you turned up at the airport with the relevant documentation they would get you on board, so long as there are seats, but you presumably don't want to go down to the wire.
Old Feb 7, 16, 5:42 pm

It's a known problem. The booking needs to have your membership number added as a special keyword. The robotic will keep cancelling your booking. It's the most annoying thing for us as agents. My suggestion is to cancel the booking and make a new one if the avios availability is there. There shouldn't be any charge to cancel the booking.
Old Feb 7, 16, 5:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by HereToHelp View Post
It's a known problem. The booking needs to have your membership number added as a special keyword. The robotic will keep cancelling your booking. It's the most annoying thing for us as agents. My suggestion is to cancel the booking and make a new one if the avios availability is there. There shouldn't be any charge to cancel the booking.
That's a very useful piece of information there

Well worth this being added to the Dashboard Prospero?
Old Feb 7, 16, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Thanks. There is Avios availability showing so will call tomorrow and ask them to cancel and rebook.

Search this Thread