How long before Tier upgrades take effect

Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

How long before Tier upgrades take effect

I'm on a flight out to the States which will send me over the Tier threshold from Bronze to Silver. I'm flying back 3 days later. Will that be enough time for them to process the upgrade and mean I collect avios on the return flight at the bonus rate?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Possibly.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
If there are no troubles, yes. If not, contact BA later to sort your Avios out.

If you are really lucky, you will appear as Silver in time for your return and will get lounge access without any troubles too.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Bit tight, you may be lucky.

And more information here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...iers-baec.html
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Are you on BA or AA? AA might take a little bit longer to post into your account. It usually takes 2-3 business days to change from one tier to another.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I needed one flight to go from Blue to Bronze.
Last Saturday flew BHD to LHR.
Return flight was on Monday morning, and I was delighted to find Bronze on my boarding card when I checked in at LHR.
I have a flight booked in two weeks which will take me up to the dizzy heights of Silver, and hope it will update as quickly then too.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Our credits came through to obtain silver from bronze yesterday, and were done so well within your timeframe. Flew on 4/2 (booked on BA.com and flown on BA metal), TP's had credited by 9am GMT the following morning. The app showed bronze still but showed 680TP's with silver achieved on the 5/2 when we needed to fly again, and Admirals at MIA had no issue with this for access either. Silver status officially updated on the morning of 6/2, almost dead on 48 hours after boarding the flight that took us over the threshold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.