Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 First lounge impressions after being away for a year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:34 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

First trip of my TP year and as gold again just thought it worth sharing and discussing the impressions in the lounge.

-lots of seats and space compared to club lounges
-very quiet in general, even with activity but no where near the noise levels in club lounges
-plenty of new seating (individual) near spirits bar area which wasn't there last time I was in
-champagne bar has been refurbished with new brown leather seats and they replaced the back cloth (with same lighter coloured material) which is nice as seats were looking ratty when I last used it. Still my preferred area as quiet and close to the Tat. (If I can't have LPGS)
-menus only in immediate dining area instead of throughout lounge
-same limited crisp selection, miss the sweet Thai or chilli ones.
-new paintings up in some spots
-loo's by the service desk are just as ratty as they were 14 months ago!
-food: hmmm. Was looking forward to a nice curry or mid day meal but still serving breakfast so would still need to eat outside lounge as when I was silver unless wanting breakfast (which is admittedly good here)

Overall, very happy to be back in this lounge as quieter and more relaxing with more options for drink and to lesser degree food.

Last edited by BotB; Feb 6, 2016 at 4:36 am Reason: Damn autocorrect
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Welcome back BotB!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:18 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks haasha ^ , hope you're well and that we meet up again sometime st another do .

Now enjoying the chicken Jal
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
In one of the other Galleries First threads I saw some pics of macaroons. But I've never seen macaroons in there. Have I just not noticed them? I usually go around breakfast time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.