Booking return more than 355 days ahead

Old Feb 4, 16, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Booking return more than 355 days ahead

If I pounce on the booking site exactly 355 days ahead of travel and manage to get the outbound flight I want, how do I book a return ticket when the return flight will be (say) a month later?

I was playing with the booking site to see what happens at the one-year-ahead point, and it gave me this:

The web site can only accept bookings up to 355 days in advance. Please contact your Executive Club Service Centre if you need to book for more than one year ahead.

Does that mean that I could get a return flight more than 355 days ahead if I book by phone?

Thanks

David
Old Feb 4, 16, 4:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
No. Are you paying cash or reward? If reward, is this involving an AMEX voucher? If so you can call up for the return on 355days and pay an admin fee to add this to your booking.
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
No. Are you paying cash or reward? If reward, is this involving an AMEX voucher? If so you can call up for the return on 355days and pay an admin fee to add this to your booking.
Sorry to correct you but there isn't any fee to add the return on an Amex 241. Just the taxes.
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Plan is to pay with Avios, not including any Amex vouchers.

Do I have to wait until 355 days before the return to book the whole flight, or can I book the outbound flight and then somehow connect the return flight later?

David
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wb1969 View Post
Sorry to correct you but there isn't any fee to add the return on an Amex 241. Just the taxes.
Is there not? Never done it but thought there was based on what I had read... But I stand corrected!
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djrowley View Post

Do I have to wait until 355 days before the return to book the whole flight, or can I book the outbound flight and then somehow connect the return flight later?

David
No reason not to book as two one way flights as you can book as two separate flights assuming you can get availability.
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

No reason not to book as two one way flights as you can book as two separate flights assuming you can get availability.
Ah, so there's no advantage in booking a return? I had assumed there would be

Thanks

David
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by djrowley
Ah, so there's no advantage in booking a return? I had assumed there would be

Thanks

David
There might or might not be an advantage, as YQ can vary based on an award's country of origin.
Old Feb 4, 16, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Originally Posted by djrowley View Post

David
Yes, book the outbound as soon as you can and then call to add the inbound as soon as flights are released and you can secure redemption availability.

Search this Thread