Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Attn Campari lovers - BA from Luton and Stansted...

Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Luton and Stansted now appear on the drop down menu on the BA website.

Presumably the flights of IAG sister airline Vueling from LTN and STN will shortly become bookable on BA.com.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:18 am

Campari lovers may also be pleased to know that the GVA lounge has been replenishing their bottle of Campari throughout this ski season. I think it's the last bottle in any BA outstation (apart from the mini 97ml bottles of Campari Soda in LIN). Any other sightings?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
That would need some Vueling flights from Stansted, which they do not currently list as an airport they serve on their website.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:05 am

Maybe not Vueling but (how exactly they'd feed LH flights from Stanstead is Another question...)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-november.html
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
As an avid Campari fan I got quite excited by the title, but then I realised that the appalling decision to "enhance away" Campari from First some 3 years ago was not going to be reversed.

However I notice on the current First drinks menu card that the relevant heading is still: " Aperitifs and Spirits"

Which, then, of the only five entries in the lists do the BA drinks experts think is an aperitif and not a spirit:

Ciroc Vodka
Johnny Walker Blue Label Whiskey
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Whiskey
Tanqueray No 10 Gin; or
Bacardi Carta Blanca?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that when we talk about aperitifs we are talking Dubonnet, Pernod, vermouth, and of course Campari. Gadzooks, you can't even get a sherry on BA First now (but you can get a nice Gonzales Byass Fino on Eva Air in Royal Laurel (Club) Class!). ^
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
I would disagree with you. They are all aperitifs in that they all can be drunk before a meal to "improve appetite". Indeed Gin and Tonic is usually drunk before a meal etc. Given you name I am surprised that you have not had a Whiskey/Whisky and soda before chow time...
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Here's a thought:

Should we be worried about all these new Vueling flights creeping into the BA network? Considering that Lufthansa is increasingly using Germanwings/Eurowings feeder flights which don't allow lounge access for non-LH group status passengers, I wonder if BA is following the Lufthansa model?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
I would disagree with you. They are all aperitifs in that they all can be drunk before a meal to "improve appetite". Indeed Gin and Tonic is usually drunk before a meal etc. Given you name I am surprised that you have not had a Whiskey/Whisky and soda before chow time...
Ah! So you are saying that they are deliberately being tautological?

Perhaps so, but why put in this extra definition which is accurate but superfluous? Perhaps we shall never know, but bear in mind that BA used to offer quite a selection of alcoholic drinks specifically designed and marketed as aperitifs. They have steadily disappeared.

I suspect it is simply a matter of making the selection of what is on offer sound much grander than it is and to try to face off other airlines which give you a much better choice. Again, Eva Air in Business give you Dom Perignon 2003 and will mix you any of nine cocktails!

Whiskey, Charlie or otherwise, is a digestif!

But we digress ..... back to the real purpose of this thread.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Could it be code shares with other airlines, Flybe perhaps? Not much in the way of LH out of STN or LTN come to that.

Or new routes BA or another out of the IAG stable.

Or it's a mistake.

Just noticed these new routes from Vuelings
Amsterdam (begins 18 March 2016), Barcelona (begins 1 June 2016), Zrich (begins 12 June 2016)

Alongside the two London Luton routes, Vueling will also introduce regular scheduled flights in summer 2016 from Birmingham to Alicante; Edinburgh to Alicante, Paris and Rome; London Gatwick to Paris CDG; Manchester to Alicante and Rome and from Leeds Bradford, Liverpool and Newcastle to Barcelona.

Last edited by Worcester; Feb 4, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Worcester
Could it be code shares with other airlines, Flybe perhaps? Not much in the way of LH out of STN or LTN come to that.

Or new routes BA or another out of the IAG stable.

Or it's a mistake.
Vueling from Luton is certainly not a mistake

eff 18MAR16 Amsterdam – London Luton 1 daily, 2 daily from 30APR16
VY8404 AMS0700 – 0705LTN 320 D
VY8406 AMS1950 – 1955LTN 320 D

VY8405 LTN0745 – 0955AMS 320 D
VY8407 LTN2035 – 2245AMS 320 D

VY8404/8405 operates from 30APR16

eff 01JUN16 Barcelona – London Luton 13 weekly
VY7964 BCN0720 – 0835LTN 320 D
VY7966 BCN1815 – 1930LTN 320 x6

VY7965 LTN0915 – 1220BCN 320 D
VY7967 LTN2010 – 2315BCN 320 x6

Zurich – London Luton service from 12JUN16. This route will be operating 6 times a week, with Airbus A320 aircraft.

VY7974 ZRH0800 – 0850LTN 320 x6
VY7975 LTN0935 – 1215ZRH 320 x6
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
That would need some Vueling flights from Stansted, which they do not currently list as an airport they serve on their website.
The riddle is solved... new BA (not Vueling) flights from Stansted:
BA launches STN-AGP/FAO/IBZ/PMI
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Tallwills
Campari lovers may also be pleased to know that the GVA lounge has been replenishing their bottle of Campari throughout this ski season. I think it's the last bottle in any BA outstation (apart from the mini 97ml bottles of Campari Soda in LIN). Any other sightings?
On the bar list at SEA, which not self-serve if that is what you're looking for. I had a very nice Americano mixed last time I was there.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by headingwest
Here's a thought:

Should we be worried about all these new Vueling flights creeping into the BA network? Considering that Lufthansa is increasingly using Germanwings/Eurowings feeder flights which don't allow lounge access for non-LH group status passengers, I wonder if BA is following the Lufthansa model?
BA and VY are not the same company

It's true that they are owned by the same parent. But if you look at how IAG manages its brands, it maintains some geographical separation between them and significant managerial separation.

The companies are clearly in competition of sorts with each other---to be the IAG favourite that is.

Indeed whenever there is cooperation it is rare enough for IAG to shout it from the rooftops (they are still proud of making IB/BA/VY A320s almost interchangeable).

I would say the bigger danger would be BA adopting VY style cost savings in imitation of its low cost sister.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is there a lounge at either LTN or STN?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have fond memories of the magnificent MY Lounge at STN. Perhaps that's been re-cycled by now?

http://www.stanstedairport.com/at-th...escape-lounge/
Priority Pass holders and Airport Angel are always welcome in our Escape Lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.