Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newcastle Groundcrew

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Newcastle Groundcrew

Passed through NCL today and noted that the ground crew are no longer wearing BA uniform. Have the team always been outsourced and just a change of uniform or is this a new development?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Been Swissport for quite a few years, infact back in June 2014 I was checked in by a girl in Swissport Uniform.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
BA at NCL are now handled by Aviator, probably by the same staff as were before. Swissport were jettisoned around the October time I believe, and they now wear the blue/green Aviator uniform. Most of the Aviator dedicated BA team are now in the BA uniform, especially the lounge staff.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
BA at NCL are now handled by Aviator, probably by the same staff as were before. Swissport were jettisoned around the October time I believe, and they now wear the blue/green Aviator uniform. Most of the Aviator dedicated BA team are now in the BA uniform, especially the lounge staff.
I stand corrected. Aviator took work from Swissport at Manchester too.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by BLHD
I stand corrected. Aviator took work from Swissport at Manchester too.
Incorrect, BA handled by Menzies at MAN who took it over from Servisair. Never been Swissport.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by wythy
Incorrect, BA handled by Menzies at MAN who took it over from Servisair. Never been Swissport.
Yes, Menzies currently handle operations at MAN. Not sure when they took over from Servisair, but at some point in 2014 Servisair were acquired by Swissport although I'm guessing this was after Menzies took the BA business.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Yes, Menzies currently handle operations at MAN. Not sure when they took over from Servisair, but at some point in 2014 Servisair were acquired by Swissport although I'm guessing this was after Menzies took the BA business.

Menzies took on the BA contract in 2012 in MAN/GLA and EDI from Servisair who in turn inherited the contract when buying Aviance ground handling.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:09 am

I never said they took BA! There are more Airlines around than BA you know!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:56 am

With regard the OP's post, I think it will be a case of watch this space for ground handling at NCL/LGW (back of house). It appears in the near future current Aviator operations will cease in the form they are in the UK.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:53 am

It appears in the near future current Aviator operations will cease in the form they are in the UK.
Feb 3, 16 5:09 pm
Don't Aviator do all ramp functions for BA at LGW ? - Could be interesting if true.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Don't Aviator do all ramp functions for BA at LGW ? - Could be interesting if true.
They do indeed, they do ramp, dispatcher and baggage for BA at LGW (having not so long ago been under direct BA control) and NCL (all ground operations including the lounge reception, BaxterStorey operates the lounge contents).

I'm told that the relevant UK subsidiary has been placed under PCW's control, who are looking for a buyer. The UK Managing Director left the company on 31 August. Aviator is unlikely to be trading under that name in the UK by the end of next month.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
NCL ground staff are IME excellent as well as polite and professional. I hope they all retain their jobs.

No doubt Aviator have been beaten down on price to a point where they cannot run a viable business.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:33 am

According to the Mirror, Aviator are pulling out of the UK in Nov 2016 due to the brutal nature of the UK market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/busines...untrys-8993647

However:
The firm insists plans are in place to try to avoid any travel disruption.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
my company used Aviator and it was announced here too for a new handler
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
So what will happen to Gatwick ground ops? What's BA's continuity plan for something like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.