Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Tier Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Finnair Tier Points

According to the BA calculator I'll be getting 210 tier points for a cheap economy booking to JFK!

MMB is actually showing 70 tier points for my Q and O class Finnair booking to and from LHR and JFK on AA and BA metal. Is this true or a mistake?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
A mistake fairly clearly.

I think it may have something to do with A booking class being listed in there as a discount economy booking class?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
That's got to be a mistake surely. Most of the fare classes listed don't correspond to cheapest economy anyway. Would be great if it credited as such though!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
That's got to be a mistake surely. Most of the fare classes listed don't correspond to cheapest economy anyway. Would be great if it credited as such though!
If it doesn't, the thread on here dissecting whether BA should retroactively credit 210TPs will popcorn-worthy!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

MMB via BAEC account is showing that the booking will earn 55 tier points and MMB not via BAEC is showing 70 tier points! So confused!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:00 pm

Have BA been known to honour TPs if it's a mistake on their own site?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
They have honoured an incorrect posting of Avios, compared to the calculator value, for me before. But I don't know if that was a mistake in the calculator, or a mistake in what I was given. I think it is the latter, as the calculator value still hasn't changed.

It would be very interesting to see if they honour this, given that it is a very obvious mistake in the calculator itself.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno
It would be very interesting to see if they honour this, given that it is a very obvious mistake in the calculator itself.
Might open the floodgates if there are more errors, people will check the calculator for incorrect TPs and claim them.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:23 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
No, they don't. I tried to claim once and they simply advised me that the points shown in MMB and the calculator are "a guide and I’m afraid we cannot guarantee you will earn this amount".
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Might open the floodgates if there are more errors, people will check the calculator for incorrect TPs and claim them.
... and encourage them to finally fix the Avios calculator...
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by mec72
... and encourage them to finally fix the Avios calculator...
Are there quite a few errors then?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:30 am

Are there quite a few errors then?
There are, but nothing quite as dramatic as this 210TP one. Which is why it would be quite interesting to see how BA responds, as they usually just credit whatever the gulf is whenever I have had to claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.