Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Way to Complain as a GGL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
How tiring life must be when you get upset by stuff like this.

Let me put a patronizing hand on the OP's shoulder and say 'There, there! Why don't you have a chocolate and relax for a bit...'
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
In my opinion the OP started the condescending approach with this retort to the cabin crew who were just doing their job:

"I would prefer if you could leave our coats on top of our bags."

What on earth has preference got to do with it. You may be a perfect case packer. You may have placed your coats to perfection. But 99% of customers that cabin crew will deal with will not have placed items with such care. And when you refer to what you'd prefer him/her not to do, it will have just riled him/her enough to reply in the manner they did.

And incidentally hand on shoulder with kindergarten voice to me sounds more tongue in cheek than condescending.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by revan
You didn't have to suffer the ignominy of putting your bag under the seat did you?

Yellow tag for all carry-on?
I do love this forum.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oyster
In my opinion the OP started the condescending approach with this retort to the cabin crew who were just doing their job:

"I would prefer if you could leave our coats on top of our bags."

What on earth has preference got to do with it. You may be a perfect case packer. You may have placed your coats to perfection. But 99% of customers that cabin crew will deal with will not have placed items with such care. And when you refer to what you'd prefer him/her not to do, it will have just riled him/her enough to reply in the manner they did.

And incidentally hand on shoulder with kindergarten voice to me sounds more tongue in cheek than condescending.
I'm never quite sure what their job is when it comes to the bins. Across many different airlines, they all seem to have differing standards about the bins from "we're not allowed to help" to moving things all over the place. Sometimes they ask whose bag it is and sometimes they move stuff all about the cabin.

I know a passenger can't get in a mood and throw a passenger off the flight, but CC can. All I would ask is to be spoken to in the same manner that the crew would like to be spoken to. Respectfully. Unfortunately, if one flies enough, they see that power corrupts and the first thing it corrupts is the service oriented attitude of some people.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
As requested, an update on the outcome. Received a response from GGL Customer Relations. Relevant section below (minus the crew member's name).

I'm concerned to hear about the way a specific cabin crew member, XXXX, spoke to you and your wife. This is certainly not what we expect to hear about any staff member. Our staff are highly trained and we’re really proud of the service we offer. Our Managing Director of Brands and Customer Experience ensures our service remains outstanding by regularly taking flights. So, I’m sorry to hear they weren't as helpful as we expect them to be.

I'm disappointed to hear this particular staff member spoke to you in a condescending tone. I completely understand why you would feel humiliated and I'm so sorry this led to an unpleasant flight experience overall. Whilst our cabin crew need to work with limited space in the overhead lockers, this does not excuse inappropriate and offensive behaviour. Please be assured, I’ve sent a report to the manager of the staff member you’ve mentioned who will now handle this internally.

It’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve. We’re very grateful for your feedback and we certainly value your insight, especially as a valued member of the Gold Guest List.

Last edited by sts603; Feb 7, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Inappropriate and offensive behaviour would cover touching you?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Excuse my ignorance but what is the ''physical touch point''?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Inappropriate and offensive behaviour would cover touching you?
Point taken. I agree.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:32 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Like so many incidents that one reads of here only one person knows what actually happened. The OP now knows that best way to complain, and only he will act or otherwise according to how he feels. As I was not there, I would not presume to pass judgement. Whether I would have taken umbrage at what is alleged to have taken place or whether I would just let it ride, I cannot tell.

However, I would love to know what the outcome is and what response he gets to any complaint that he makes
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Like so many incidents that one reads of here only one person knows what actually happened. The OP now knows that best way to complain, and only he will act or otherwise according to how he feels. As I was not there, I would not presume to pass judgement. Whether I would have taken umbrage at what is alleged to have taken place or whether I would just let it ride, I cannot tell.

However, I would love to know what the outcome is and what response he gets to any complaint that he makes
Then your wish has already come true - see 5 posts above
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by sts603

(4) This is a problem of BA's making. The crunch of seats on short haul, the proliferation of HBO fares, combined with the (wholly appropriate IMHO) baggage allowance has made the situation tense and untenable. It doesn't excuse crew members being condescending in such a situation (you would never have that on QR or SQ) but the causes are quite clear.
I wonder if you were generally a bit ruffled about the whole experience? I'm not sure you should be getting too worked up about a rather trivial aspect to the bigger issue you are more concerned about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.