FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Help!!! BA Amex Companion Voucher (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1743235-help-ba-amex-companion-voucher.html)

phunmmie Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm

Help!!! BA Amex Companion Voucher

Hello,

This is my first time of getting the companion voucher and I have been struggling to find seats in business class now.

My ideal route will be anywhere in the Caribbean but opened to suggestions as i am getting worried I may not be able to use the voucher.

It expires aug 2017 and flights have to originate from heathrow.

Can someone please advice me

stewaran Jan 31, 2016 11:17 pm

availability opens up about 360 days before departure at around 1am in the morning.

When do you want to go, how many seats do you need?

BA commit to 2 J seats on each flight, so you should be able to pick them quite easily for 2017 as and when they become available

jamesreid978 Jan 31, 2016 11:25 pm

You will be struggling to fly from Heathrow to the Carribean on BA.

madfish Jan 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Hello and welcome to flyertalk. I am sure one of teh ambassadors will be along soon to offer a more formal welcome.

As indicated above, you will struggle to find flights out of LHR to the Caribbean - these operate from Gatwick. Your voucher will be useble for ex-UK flights rather than just LHR.

Also, as mentioned availability comes out 355 days ahead. You can always book the outbound and when inbound comes available call up to add these on. I believe there will be a change fee of £35 per person to do this, but often seen as essential if you are flying popular routes with fixed dates.

There are numerous threads on this topic so don't worry if yours is merged with one of these.

This thread may help.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...edit-card.html

windowontheAside Jan 31, 2016 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 26113525)
Also, as mentioned availability comes out 355 days ahead. You can always book the outbound and when inbound comes available call up to add these on. I believe there will be a change fee of £35 per person to do this, but often seen as essential if you are flying popular routes with fixed dates.

You don't have to pay the change fee if the inbound was out of range when the outbound is booked. (You do pay it if it were in range, but no availability which later pops up).

Foltan Feb 1, 2016 1:28 am

Originally Posted by phunmmie (Post 26113290)
My ideal route will be anywhere in the Caribbean

............flights have to originate from heathrow.

As mentioned, probably best to actually research the BA routes first...:rolleyes:

corporate-wage-slave Feb 1, 2016 1:40 am

Originally Posted by phunmmie (Post 26113290)
Hello,

This is my first time of getting the companion voucher and I have been struggling to find seats in business class now.

Welcome to Flyertalk phunmmie, welcome to the BA Forum. It's good to see you here and you've definitely come to the right place to find out how to make best use of the vouchers.

As already mentioned, 2 seats for every BA flight are released 355 days before departure, so at the moment you are more or less guaranteed to get 2 seats to Caribbean destinations for mid January if you stay up late. The usual way to do this is to book online at T-355 for the outbound, then use the telephone number for Japan to add the return when that shows up. Sometimes, for the smaller islands, the availability won't be taken up immediately, so you don't need to rush.

For example I see plenty of CW availability to St Lucia in September 2016 and early October, e.g. out 11 September back 28 September. That is a Gatwick service, as most of them are. This isn't a popular time to go there, and there's a risk of hurricanes particularly in the early part of the month, but you should dodge them with any luck.

pauldb Feb 1, 2016 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Foltan (Post 26113752)
As mentioned, probably best to actually research the BA routes first...:rolleyes:

But then I guess it's even worse when you tick someone off without following your own advice: BA flies LHR-NAS/GCM.

SteveF Feb 1, 2016 3:15 am

Originally Posted by stewaran (Post 26113434)
availability opens up about 360 days before departure at around 1am in the morning.

It's at exactly T-355 days.

ringingup Feb 1, 2016 6:14 am

What about somewhere on the east of cost of the US? Availability is usually quite good if you're flexible.