Ba bag drop - stockholm arlanda

Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Ba bag drop - stockholm arlanda

Does anyone know how long before a flight i can drop off my bag at Arlanda airport?

Am flying with BA on 12th February, got a connecting flight from Karlstad in the morning on a separate airline so bags cant be checked through. I have a 6 hour wait so i have booked Club Europe in order to use the lounge.

However, i did the same at Marseille last week, and there wasn't any option to check my bag in until 2 hours before the flight, so i couldn't use the lounge at all and wasted my miles on upgrading the flight for no reason.

I have asked BA this myself, i was told they don't know and was give a number for Arlanda airport which doesn't work!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
As long as there is a BA check-in desk open I believe they are willing to check your bags in. However the is only at -120 to -40 minutes prior to departure. So as long as there is a flight a few hours before yours you should be fine.

However there is no formal guarantee to drop anything more than 2hrs before departure.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold.
Lounge

I have done something similar in Arlanda, however....

If the lounge staff notice you being in there for more than 2 hours they will ask you to pay or leave. Diners Card or Priority Pass work if you need to add more time.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Welcome to Flyertalk Clareym, official ambassadorial welcomes will no doubt be along in due course.

I've never actually checked a bag in my numerous flights from ARN, but according to MMB for my next ARN-LHR, airport check-in opens 2.5 hours before the flight. As mentioned above, since there are multiple flights per day it is possible they may accept your bags earlier if check-in is open for an earlier flight, but I have no practical experience of it, so couldn't confirm more than 2.5 hours prior.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes indeed Clareym, welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum. Please continue to post here, it's always good to see new people in this forum.

The general rule for shorthaul outside LHR and LGW is that bag drop will open about 2 hours, or sometimes only 90 minutes before departure, and I think that's going to be your working assumption. In Manage My Booking in the flight details it may give more information (but not always).

I have to say I found it unfortunate that at MRS you didn't manage to get to the lounge. It's en route to the gate, it's not the largest airport, and if checking the bag 2 hours beforehand I'd normally expect to get at least an hour in the lounge. I guess there was a long queue in security, but if flying CE there is a fast track on the left hand side (takes you into a corridor) which should have assisted you.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
We went through there a few months ago. Arrived on a QR flight and made our way round to BA 4 hours before our flight and they took our checked bags without any problems whatsoever.
Hopefully you'll have a similar outcome.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:38 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by bren586

If the lounge staff notice you being in there for more than 2 hours they will ask you to pay or leave. Diners Card or Priority Pass work if you need to add more time.
After the Concorde Room, the lounge I visit most often, is the one at ARN.

I've never noticed the staff telling anybody who has been there longer than two hours, ask them to leave or cough up.

It may happen, but it isn't something I've ever seen.

While I agree that the lounge isn't much to write home about, I've got a great relationship with most of the lounge staff.

It is the only lounge on the network where I'll often get a big hugg from the female lounge staff.

(Not an advertised OW benifit, I should add.)

ARN also has one of the all time great turnaround managers.

BA flight and Cabin crew love her, as she is always very cheerfull and happy, while at the same time very efficient.

bjorns
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thought I'd pop back and let you know what happened. Managed to check my bag in at BA desk that was open for the flight prior to mine ( they even tried to get me moved onto the earlier flight to no avail) 5 hours in the lounge, no questions asked. At least it made the wait bearable! Impressed with Arlanda airport on the whole!
groenroos likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bren586

Then you are doing something wrong. Never been asked to leave when spending extended periods of time there. Not that it's the best lounge in the world, but sometimes it is convenient to go to ARN early and listen in to conference calls from the lounge rather than doing it in the office and leave late for ARN...
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by zanderblue
We went through there a few months ago. Arrived on a QR flight and made our way round to BA 4 hours before our flight and they took our checked bags without any problems whatsoever.
Hopefully you'll have a similar outcome.
I count on that in a couple of days as well, arriving at 13h00 on QR. any more recent experience?

on a related topic, can they thru-check to FRA on next morning flight or will i have to pick up luggage again at LHR for the overnight and re-check next morning?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chrissxb
I count on that in a couple of days as well, arriving at 13h00 on QR. any more recent experience?
I arrived on the SQ flight at around 08:00 last year and successfully dropped my bag off for the 18:00 BA flight no questions asked.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by chrissxb

on a related topic, can they thru-check to FRA on next morning flight or will i have to pick up luggage again at LHR for the overnight and re-check next morning?
It may be worth asking QR if they will through check your bags to BA, they did for me last year. Then just show your baggage receipt to BA check in at ARN.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I do a lot of my ex-EUs from Arlanda and so am fairly familiar with the lounge, and often spend 3+ hours here. Never been asked to leave or pay extra, or seen anyone ejected. I even have my favourite seat there, which is seldom occupied by others.

Because of the numerous BA flights, the counter has always been open in my experience.

The downside of Arlanda is that this is the route that I experience the most misbehaving little kids, and their parents who completely ignore all.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
QR checked my bag all the way thru to FRA ... two separate tickets, overnight in LHR, then to FRA. They gave me (without asking) boarding passes for ARN-LHR tomorrow and LHR-FRA on tuesday morning. this will be interesting. app still shows "not checked in"
Old May 10, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Does anyone know about checking bags in on QR. I'm not flying until 22:40 but would quite like to go into Stockholm for a few hours but I don't want to be taking my checked baggage with me will QR let me check in for the 22:40 depature earlier in the day (ie when check in is open for the 9:05 departure) ?

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.