Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus Platinum (OW Emerald) unable to select emergency exit row on LGW-MLE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Plus Platinum (OW Emerald) unable to select emergency exit row on LGW-MLE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador

Hello,

I have a ticket with my IB Plus OW Emerald status number inside PNR, I´m trying to reserve "emergency exit seats" on my MLE-LGW flight on 1st Feb, seats are available, all my requests (dark green seats on BA seatmap, manage my booking are available) still on "seat on request" and none of them is confirmed, I called BA Reservations and they told me that seat are "reserved" for BA Gold customers.

I´m quite frustrated about that as per terms & conditions in the BA page I should be able to reserve them ( I reserve on several LHR-DXB and LHR-JNB last year).

As well, 777 LGW planes do they have VOD as entertainment??

Any help on that will be nice.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Not 100% sure why you can't select an exit seat of you are OWE with IB but maybe someone with more knowledge can answer that.

If they are available then I think seat 17C or H (on a 48J 777) (16C or H if it's a 40J 777) are much, much better than an exit seat. It gets busy with the toilets being there.

http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/...8j24w203y.html

However, the MLE flights are 3 class and have AVOD but not the latest one (Thales)

Still, it's quite good overall, plenty of choices having used it in Y quite a few times.

Last edited by PETER01; Jan 19, 2016 at 7:13 am
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by PETER01
Not 100% sure why you can't select an exit seat of you are OWE with IB but maybe someone with more knowledge can answer that.

However, the MLE flights are 3 class and have AVOD but not the latest one (Thales)

Still, it's quite good overall, plenty of choices having used it in Y quite a few times.
Thanks Peter,

I used 777 4 class service from LHR to DXB several times last year and entertainment was quite good.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Txolo
Thanks Peter,

I used 777 4 class service from LHR to DXB several times last year and entertainment was quite good.
I've edited my post with another seating suggestion.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Txolo
Hello,

I have a ticket with my IB Plus OW Emerald status number inside PNR, I´m trying to reserve "emergency exit seats" on my MLE-LGW flight on 1st Feb, seats are available, all my requests (dark green seats on BA seatmap, manage my booking are available) still on "seat on request" and none of them is confirmed, I called BA Reservations and they told me that seat are "reserved" for BA Gold customers.

I´m quite frustrated about that as per terms & conditions in the BA page I should be able to reserve them ( I reserve on several LHR-DXB and LHR-JNB last year).

As well, 777 LGW planes do they have VOD as entertainment??

Any help on that will be nice.
100% that you are allow to book them free of charge. Sometimes they are block if that seats have a cot for babies. In that case, you must wait until 48 hours before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.