Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Hi, I'm planning to book 2 seats for family LHR- Australia in September and they will be returning about 11 months later. Is there any way to book a return for that far out?

I plan to use Joker plus GUF2 plus Amex241 and they can be reasonably flexible on the date of travel + or - 5 days. Is there any difference in using the BA15 (one flight number two legs) vs two flight numbers?

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I thought you could book cabanas anytime from date of booking, and it's only the spa that's limited to 28 days before departure?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by dycc
Please can someone help with the section below from the guide:

"i am wondering whether the reservations up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders is an official policy (and if so where can I find it?) or does it depend on who you speak to on the GGL line?

Thanks!
I had the same problem and I asked the same question further up the thread... It seems like this is not a Ggl treat to pre-book the spa and the wiki wasn't updated.
Cabana I could pre-book within the ccr for an advanced flight. Never tried calling
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum
I emailed the GGL line with this specific question a couple of weeks ago and got an email back to say Cabanas can be reserved (didn't ask how far in advance) but advance reservation for the Spa are restricted to Pax travelling in First. Don't know if being GGLFL makes any difference Cabana reservation but it certainly doesn't, per the email I received, make any difference re advanced Spa reservations
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Apologies, I know this question has been asked and answered before, but nothing came up on my advanced search.

How does one check the available fare buckets to gauge the ability to use a joker and GUF into F? Is it just a question of calling BA or is there a way I can check beforehand?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Apologies, I know this question has been asked and answered before, but nothing came up on my advanced search.

How does one check the available fare buckets to gauge the ability to use a joker and GUF into F? Is it just a question of calling BA or is there a way I can check beforehand?
You can use ExpertFlyer, which is excellent; however, it requires a subscription. There’s also a thread on which you can ask the community to check the loads for a specific flight/date combination.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by ubiest
You can use ExpertFlyer, which is excellent; however, it requires a subscription. There’s also a thread on which you can ask the community to check the loads for a specific flight/date combination.
Thank you. 5 day trial underway to test it.
So EF shows the following: F8 A5 J9 C9 D9 R9 I8 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S2 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Does that mean that there is A and D availability so I should be able to use a joker on this flight to GUF into CW or F?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Thank you. 5 day trial underway to test it.
So EF shows the following: F8 A5 J9 C9 D9 R9 I8 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S2 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Does that mean that there is A and D availability so I should be able to use a joker on this flight to GUF into CW or F?
Yes, provided another GGL has not applied a joker on the flight.

Also, make sure you are searching EF with a UK point of sale.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by skippythelizard

Also, make sure you are searching EF with a UK point of sale.
Thanks. I can't see a way to check / change the POS. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It's on the main Flight Availability Search window. See below.

Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
you can change POS in the search screen

Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:23 pm

Got it. Thanks. I needed to click on advanced search to get there. I guess we're off to LA and Hawaii this summer :-)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question BOS & DXB routes no with no A class fare buckets

Are these routes now unavailable for GGL redemptions as there is no A class available?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by col747uk
Are these routes now unavailable for GGL redemptions as there is no A class available?
It would seem so unless something changes (which it may do). More information here:

BA removes A class on the BOS and DXB routes
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I was told by head of revenue mgm that this is only for internal purposes and will not effect gufs and 'jokers as you call them' . Needs to be verified

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.