Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by iainbean
Any update on this? Will they change GGL requirements for renewal form 3000? I am currently GGL for last 8 years, always hit the 3k tier points, but would never make 5000 in any 1 year anymore
This is all rumour and speculation, we don't know for sure what BA are thinking but changes are a-coming.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Thanks. I thought so too. I'll see what the agent comes back with tonight. Failing that I'll call tomorrow when the UK centre is open and try again.
Just to conclude this one... the agent from the Indian call centre called me back as scheduled but confirmed it was not possible for me to make a booking originating from the UK as my account and space release was registered in the US. I thanked him for his help and called the GGL number during UK hours and successfully booked the INV-LHR LGW-TPA sector using my space release with the very low taxes/fees as expected.
skippythelizard and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Just to conclude this one... the agent from the Indian call centre called me back as scheduled but confirmed it was not possible for me to make a booking originating from the UK as my account and space release was registered in the US. I thanked him for his help and called the GGL number during UK hours and successfully booked the INV-LHR LGW-TPA sector using my space release with the very low taxes/fees as expected.
Perhaps you should update the OP to include the UK GGL Line operating times?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Surely though this is a big problem in that overseas call centre agents are not trained to the requisite standard?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ermen
Surely though this is a big problem in that overseas call centre agents are not trained to the requisite standard?
In this particular case you are correct in that the agent lacked the required information.

I have emailed the agent concerned to explain the outcome to him and I have suggested to him - in a very polite and constructive way - that we investigates why he felt it wasn't possible so that he can offer a better service to others in future.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Anyone had any success recently of using a Joker for someone else and using their avios/money to pay?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by teledude
Anyone had any success recently of using a Joker for someone else and using their avios/money to pay?
Yes, did this in mid-January. Not a problem at all. Have done this a number of times now.

There should be no issue with the GGL member not travelling on a booking but using their Joker to create availability, subject to usual restrictions about household accounts, fare class and whether other GGL members have already exercised their Joker on a particular flight/cabin.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Yes, did this in mid-January. Not a problem at all. Have done this a number of times now.
Just got flat denied and they wouldn't budge....will try again....
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by teledude
Just got flat denied and they wouldn't budge....will try again....
I've read a few reports of this in this thread however I can't understand why this would be the case. This would seem a very odd and inflexible restriction.

UPDATE: Having read the GGL benefits and T's and C's it appears as if such a restriction may be correct, however I'm not sure if this is new.

"We understand the importance of being able to spend your Avios on the flight you want, when you want. That’s why with Gold Guest List Redemption we’ll help you find additional space on your chosen flight (subject to capacity), and secure seats for you and up to four passengers travelling on the same booking."

" 4.3. All passengers must travel on the same booking as the Member."

I've done a mix of Joker bookings over time, for myself, myself and others and just others (flying without myself) so I am a little confused.

Last edited by David_Doyle; Feb 25, 2018 at 11:47 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I've read a few reports of this in this thread however I can't understand why this would be the case. This would seem a very odd and inflexible restriction.
The agent was seemingly reading from an official document but lets see what HUACA brings

EDIT - seemingly the issue wasn't me not travelling - it was me not paying for it - want to use friends avios, and 2-4-1
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

It’s probably not the right place to post, but I had my first sighting on this evening’s BA1344 to LBA of an FT/GGL back pack! A pretty tired looking 2F occupant, returning from a TP run? Mrs C and I were in 1A/C.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Corpt
It’s probably not the right place to post, but I had my first sighting on this evening’s BA1344 to LBA of an FT/GGL back pack! A pretty tired looking 2F occupant, returning from a TP run? Mrs C and I were in 1A/C.

I think I have a fair idea who that was..................
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I think I have a fair idea who that was..................
The young one?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by layz
The young one?

Indeed..
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Corpt
Apologies for not replying to your post yesterday. I am sorry I didn't realise you were a fellow FT'er otherwise I would have said hello. I was on my way home from the Bristol Do. Sorry about the tired look, I hadn't had a chance to do my normal moisturising routine yesterday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.