Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
My apologies. I responded to the question I thought I'd read which was not the one you had written.

The 'no fee' cancellation applies to any bookings made by the GGL regardless of whether the GGL member is traveling or not. If you book for your husband and then cancel that booking there will be no cancellation fee payable.
Does the usual 24h before travel rule still apply? I assume so.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by madfish

Does the usual 24h before travel rule still apply? I assume so.
I've never tested it but I have no reason to suspect otherwise.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by golfmad
I've never tested it but I have no reason to suspect otherwise.
Yes, it still applies
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by joelyp
Yes, it still applies
Thats a shame. Could imagine many a day sat in the CCR or T3 lounges for free when you cancel tickets after arriving.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

Thats a shame. Could imagine many a day sat in the CCR or T3 lounges for free when you cancel tickets after arriving.
I hope and trust your Gold baby extension and wish to spend leisure time in airport lounges are entirely unlinked!
madfish likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA

Don't tickets have to be booked at least 7 days before departure to qualify?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
I just qualified for GGL in Sept for the first time. it took 24 hours to show over 5k, then another 24 hours to show GGL on "my" system. When I called to apply for Joker, once the agent did all the work, then he came back saying my joker is not ready yet, he said one system showed I was GGL, but the other said not, asked me if I am recently attained GGL, I said yes. He saved everything on the system (upgraded flights), and asked me to call back the following Monday. Of course, no problem the next time I called. So it potentially need 48 hours?

On a side note, for those base in US, there IS a US GGL line, you don't have to call UK. Two phone agents gave me UK number saying there was no GGL line for US, however, I wrote to them, they replied me with US GGL line, and I tried, yes! "welcome to british airways executive club for gold guest list member...."
My account just updated to GGL. And I also can only get the UK number. Can someone PM me the US GGL number and possibly their email as well?

Thanks in advance.
PS: A call to the UK number got me both the US GGL number and the email.

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; Feb 1, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I've received my GGL card 2 weeks after qualification, but didn't receive a CCR card. Yet the web site says:
01 Feb 2018 Combo Card for GGL and CCC Fulfilled
Anyone else got recent experience about the card(s)?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I dont think they dispatch separate ccr cards as changes are in the making.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I dont think they dispatch separate ccr cards as changes are in the making.
I've read that in 2019 there would not be any more CCR cards. But as of yet, my card has no indication of CCR.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I've read that in 2019 there would not be any more CCR cards. But as of yet, my card has no indication of CCR.
from what I hear ggl and ccr will be the same thing in the near future, so no need for separate cards
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Strange I qualified early Jan 2018 - and I received a GGL + CCR card in the mail.
Order was also "Combo Card for GGL and CCC Fulfilled"

FWIW, I am not sure that the BA systems are equipped to deal with automatic / online verification of CCR status yet - I asked at the CCR in early Feb and they said there is no way (save consulting that printed manifest)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermen
FWIW, I am not sure that the BA systems are equipped to deal with automatic / online verification of CCR status yet - I asked at the CCR in early Feb and they said there is no way (save consulting that printed manifest)
yes that's correct, and if you watch when they first scan your bp, and assuming you are not in F, a large red cross appears and states not eligible. if you don't have your CCR card then they will consult the paper list. FLY does not have anything on it to show whether you have a CCR card.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 20, 2018 at 3:03 am
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes that's correct, and if you watch when they first scan your bp, and assuming you are not in F, a large red cross appears and states not eligible. if you don't have your CCR card then they will consult the paper list. FLY does not have anything on it to show whether you have a CCR card.
yes - what got me though was they scanned my pass and waved me through without checking the manifest (i had told them i had not received my CCR yet).
i asked them if it was automatic now, and they said no, but we trust you
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ermen
yes - what got me though was they scanned my pass and waved me through without checking the manifest (i had told them i had not received my CCR yet).
i asked them if it was automatic now, and they said no, but we trust you
same with me most of the time. Last week I had a funny moment when the desk asked me whether I was by any chance looking for galleries first... no, thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.