Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
deleted

Last edited by hsmall; Feb 23, 2019 at 6:28 am Reason: misread original post
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Mistakes can happen.
Better leave them alone.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Brookhouse
Could I pick collective wisdom. Currently am GGL/CCR member and my collection year ends on 8th March 2019. I am flying into LHR from SIN in F having used a GF1 upgrade arriving on the 8th March. If I am given 240 points I will have 5,060 points for the year end and renew CCR status, but as I used GF1 should I only get 160 points? thus ending year with 4,980 and no CCR status.

FYI I booked directly with BA rather than using travel agent and was given 240 points for the original LHR-SIN leg.
You should be awarded 160 points and I would proceed on that basis. Yes, sometimes upgraded TPs are earned but that is an error rather than an entitlement. If you end the year with 4980 TPs you will not get your CCR Card renewed, and (unlike retaining Gold or Silver status) there is no two week extension available to you either in which to collect the additional necessary TPs.
Brookhouse likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Originally Posted by Brookhouse
Could I pick collective wisdom. Currently am GGL/CCR member and my collection year ends on 8th March 2019. I am flying into LHR from SIN in F having used a GF1 upgrade arriving on the 8th March. If I am given 240 points I will have 5,060 points for the year end and renew CCR status, but as I used GF1 should I only get 160 points? thus ending year with 4,980 and no CCR status.

FYI I booked directly with BA rather than using travel agent and was given 240 points for the original LHR-SIN leg.
You should be awarded 160 points and I would proceed on that basis. Yes, sometimes upgraded TPs are earned but that is an error rather than an entitlement. If you end the year with 4980 TPs you will not get your CCR Card renewed, and (unlike retaining Gold or Silver status) there is no two week extension available to you either in which to collect the additional necessary TPs.
Instead of finding out on March 9 or 10 that you've (only, but as stated above, correctly) been credited 160 TP, with no possibility to earn the missing 20 TP, my suggestion is that you avoid that risk by earning the crucial 20 TP by doing a quick return, domestic or short hop over the water (LUX or AMS), going ET, fare classes K, L, M, N, S & V, will give you 10 TP each way. Then no worries, should you, by mistake get 240 TP, enjoy that mistake as a bonus. But the White Card will be secured for the next year.

Happy travel!
Brookhouse likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA GGL
Could someone DM me the GGL phone number? Back of my card has got the very same number that my normal Gold card used to have! Strange...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Could someone DM me the GGL phone number? Back of my card has got the very same number of my normal Gold card used to have! Strange...
Just log into ur account Go on contact . It will automatically be there if u r ggl and choose uk
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
The phone number in Contact Executive Club on the website is correct if you are logged in.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by IJG2
The phone number in Contact Executive Club on the website is correct if you are logged in.
So it does! BA IT doing something right, wowz...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:28 am

Next question. Can I use a joker if there's only J class availability? I assume not, or does it not matter?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Next question. Can I use a joker if there's only J class availability? I assume not, or does it not matter?
you need D in business.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Nope you'll need D.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
As an aside, the answer to this and many other basic questions are in post 1 of this very thread. It's probably worth your while having a quick read through it. It's laid out very well in clear sections.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I received an email today that my Hilton Diamond status was updated, which as we know is a GGL benefit. The interesting twist this time around is that this happened without me needing to request that the GGL team make this happen, so it sounds like the GGL team proactively reached out to Hilton when my GGL status renewed to make this happen!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dylanks
I received an email today that my Hilton Diamond status was updated, which as we know is a GGL benefit. The interesting twist this time around is that this happened without me needing to request that the GGL team make this happen, so it sounds like the GGL team proactively reached out to Hilton when my GGL status renewed to make this happen!
And as an opposing data point I had email through saying I was being downgraded to Silver. I've mailed GGL to get myself reinstated..... a trip to Conrad Rangali early next month demands it!
bermudasun and dylanks like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by dylanks
I mentioned this in another thread. I generally renew Diamond 'properly' so this has never been an issue, but I got an email from Hilton to say I was dropping to Silver. Now, not only do I have the Hilton BCard which gives me Gold, but I also made enough stays last year for Gold anyway. GGL sorted it and I'm now Diamond through Mar 2021, but it does seem like the GGL upgrade does something odd to your Hilton account.
dylanks likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.