Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Just to flag an issue with the ongoing operation of the GGL perk of Hilton hotels Diamond status.
Honors played around with its IT at the end of October 2018. It looks like various data got lost or never transferred to the new setup. Anyway, Honors are having more trouble than usual sorting members 2019 status out where its not directly from stays/nights/$$$. Bits and pieces on this in the Hilton sub-forum though the GGL perk kind of lost in other noise.

This issue is likely to affect some BAEC GGLs now or come 1st April where we've relied on the manual GGL team --> Honors confirmation spreadsheet/weekly notification; and subsequent Honors status update or extension.
I am now a 2019 Silver instead of Diamond (grrr) and Honors agents are badly sighted on this particular issue within the wider glitchfest they are dealing with. I am slowly going thru various escalations to get this fixed and holding off bringing in Lauren over on the Hilton sub-forum for now.
As such beware and recheck your Honors status is correct before making bookings.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I rang up on a Sat or Sun evening and was told my name would be on the list on Monday.
Had my Diamond status after a couple of days (although got a new account as I didn't know my number off the top of my head and BA used my new email address).

Stayed at the HGI at LHR yesterday night on a holiday booking through BA and was asked if I had any Hilton status at check-in. Got the benefits for that stay so a nice bonus.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Using Jokers on bookings containing BA/AF

I've read "All flights must be on BA metal (cannot be used on codeshares with AA, CX, etc.), though can be combined with itineraries with seats on other metal if normal availability is available on those flights" in the Wiki.

I'm looking at a MAN-LHR-HEL-LHR-DXB-LHR-HEL-LHR-MAN on 2 tickets. The MAN-LHR-HEL return is much cheaper if I fly LHR-HEL on BA. But I don't fancy the Back-to-Back in HEL (even though I read it's doable). So I'd like the other ticket HEL-LHR-DXB return to be on AY from HEL-LHR return.

BUT, I'd like to use a joker and a GUF1 to upgrade the LHR-DXB leg to F (and leave the LHR-HEL leg in AY J), can I request this ?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
I've read "All flights must be on BA metal (cannot be used on codeshares with AA, CX, etc.), though can be combined with itineraries with seats on other metal if normal availability is available on those flights" in the Wiki.

I'm looking at a MAN-LHR-HEL-LHR-DXB-LHR-HEL-LHR-MAN on 2 tickets. The MAN-LHR-HEL return is much cheaper if I fly LHR-HEL on BA. But I don't fancy the Back-to-Back in HEL (even though I read it's doable). So I'd like the other ticket HEL-LHR-DXB return to be on AY from HEL-LHR return.

BUT, I'd like to use a joker and a GUF1 to upgrade the LHR-DXB leg to F (and leave the LHR-HEL leg in AY J), can I request this ?
as I understand it, it is possible, it would need to be over the phone and as it has more than 4 sectors has to be sent to another department for approval.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you book your HEL-LHR-DXB with BA and it’s on a BA ticket, and if the LHR-DXB is booked under the BA flight number you should be able to use a joker and GUF1.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
For guesting two into lounges, I assume that's all BA lounges, not just LHR? Not used this benefit but hope to do so later.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
For guesting two into lounges, I assume that's all BA lounges, not just LHR? Not used this benefit but hope to do so later.
Yes, GGL can guest 2 into any BA-operated lounge (excluding CCRs, I think), but not those of other OW carriers or third party lounges. Expect to have the occasional debate with BA lounge agents about this benefit...I’ve had a few, but always got the guests entry in the end.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Yes, GGL can guest 2 into any BA-operated lounge (excluding CCRs, I think), but not those of other OW carriers or third party lounges. Expect to have the occasional debate with BA lounge agents about this benefit...I’ve had a few, but always got the guests entry in the end.
It’s all listed in detail here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28247202-post2.html

This post provides rules that applies to all oneworld partner lounges.
Wbeest likes this.

Last edited by golfmad; Jan 27, 2019 at 7:57 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by golfmad

It’s all listed in detail here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28247202-post2.html

Applies to all oneworld partner lounges.
Yes, and that post says GGL can only take one guest into OW partner lounges. I was answering about the right to take 2 guests.

The clarification from my post is that GGL can take 2 guests into CCR, if GGL is flying BA F, and guests are also flying BA. Never tried this personally.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Yes, and that post says GGL can only take one guest into OW partner lounges. I was answering about the right to take 2 guests.

The clarification from my post is that GGL can take 2 guests into CCR, if GGL is flying BA F, and guests are also flying BA. Never tried this personally.
I agree with you. I just wanted to make the OP aware that all the information has been carefully and painstakingly mapped out by others for him/her to read
Tobias-UK and Oaxaca like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
My year end is 8th March
I'll take the flight that gets me over 5000 on 28th Feb on AA. What are the chances of getting, and using 2 jokers before my year resets? Will I definitely get two more after the reset?

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
My year end is 8th March
Will I definitely get two more after the reset?
Yes to this question.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes to this question.
Thank you!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Please can someone help with the section below from the guide:

"Similar to when flying in first class, cabana and spa reservations may be made up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders. Cabanas and spa treatments may also be requested upon arrival. Both the cabanas and spa treatments are subject to availability."

I have tried a couple of times to book cabana and spa reservations when flying long-haul in CW with a CCR card, and been told that they are not allowed to book canaba and spa treatments unless flying in First (although some other times, they have done this for me). I am wondering whether the reservations up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders is an official policy (and if so where can I find it?) or does it depend on who you speak to on the GGL line?

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by dycc
Please can someone help with the section below from the guide:

"Similar to when flying in first class, cabana and spa reservations may be made up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders. Cabanas and spa treatments may also be requested upon arrival. Both the cabanas and spa treatments are subject to availability."

I have tried a couple of times to book cabana and spa reservations when flying long-haul in CW with a CCR card, and been told that they are not allowed to book canaba and spa treatments unless flying in First (although some other times, they have done this for me). I am wondering whether the reservations up to 28 days in advance for CCR card holders is an official policy (and if so where can I find it?) or does it depend on who you speak to on the GGL line?

Thanks!
I’ve been able to book cabanas travelling in any class, but never spa reservations. Haven’t had much luck with the spa even when travelling in F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.