Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chspw1
Sorry tried finding the answer to this and failed.

Does the 2 guest rule apply in SLOW lounges in South Africa. I know standard gold privileges apply to Comair as a franchise partner, but does the 2 guest rule apply?

Many thanks in advance.
The 2 guest rule applies to BA operated lounges only.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
If you're booking using a joker/Gold Guest List Redemption/Space Release and want to do it through BA then call the GGL line. You can decide whether you upgrade into the space you released using either a GUF or Avios. Don't make the booking first but do it all at the same time on the phone just in case there's a problem applying the joker (in case someone else has already used it in that cabin on that flight).

If you want to use a GUF with a TA then subject to the right fare class availability you will not need to use the Joker as it can be done without redemption availability.
Originally Posted by hsmall
And if using a TA make sure that they book into revenue classes (A if first). Some either can't or claim they can't (eg American Express when I asked them last week).

thank you hsmall & golfmad for the great tips!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR, HHonors DIA
I qualified for GGL list on Aug 6th, two days before my Aug 8th deadline. I was away when it happened and I fancied using the CCR on my return trip on the 23rd, I didnt have my card because it would have been posted to my house in the UK but I knew of the 'printed list'. I was however nowhere on it. I ended up showing the references on the Executive club items, saying a combined card for GGL and CCC was sent out before I was allowed entry.

When I got home, my GGL card was there but CCR wasn't....Could it be that they forgot to send it? or the fact it was done so late in my membership year it didnt register or something?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
The concept of the combined cards isn't yet a reality. It's been called a combined card on the BAEC systems for some years now but they still arrive separately.

When I was CCR, I remember my CCR card arriving before my GGL card - it seems yours is the other way around. I understand that they will be combining the cards into one quite soon and maybe they're running out of white cards in the interim? In this case they really should do something on the app at least..
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
It seems they are running short on ccr cards. I called a few times and finally received mine 90 days in my year.. Never had a problem with the list tho
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
My CCR card for this current year hasn't arrived either and I qualified about 2/3 of the way through my previous year. As with the poster above I've not had any problems as I'm on the list. To be fair, I've not called anyone or requested another one.

[EDIT I just checked online and it says the card was FULFILLED on 6th May 2018 so getting close to 100 days ago]
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
This current year I didn't receive my card despite being ordered and fulfilled automatically. It took another two attempts to get one sent out to me, the first one had an incorrect expiry and the second one arrived a few days after querying it with GGL.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Does anyone know if the Manchester call centre is operational on Sundays and public holidays these days (UK daytime)? I know it goes to India at night.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I’m currently trying to nominate a gold card. I have nominations available having not used them this year. I have a HHA and F&F. I have, in prior years, nominated a gold and 2 silver cards, with no problems, to HHA and F&F members respectively. On attempting to nominate this year’s gold, BA.com errors and says I have neither a HHA nor a F&F, so cannot nominate any cards.

I’ve emailed GGL, hopefully they can sort it promptly.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I had this, too.
Try to log into your account from a different pc.
It worked for me.. Not sure this was the problem tho
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by rjn21
I’m currently trying to nominate a gold card. I have nominations available having not used them this year. I have a HHA and F&F. I have, in prior years, nominated a gold and 2 silver cards, with no problems, to HHA and F&F members respectively. On attempting to nominate this year’s gold, BA.com errors and says I have neither a HHA nor a F&F, so cannot nominate any cards.

It is a known issue on the BA website. I had the same and have had to phone the GGL team for each partner card nomination. They said they’re aware of the issue and are working on it, but I think it is quite far down the IT bug list.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
I also had the problem nominating for partner cards. It was resolved promptly via email.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Quick question.

My last GUF expires in Nov this year.
Does this have to be used for a booking this year i.e. before 8th Dec or can it be applied against something in say January if booked in the next month or so?

With my GGL status valid until 2020, I haven't flown BA a lot this year and it seems a waste using it against a flight at the end of my current year that will yield TP that serve little purpose / get me nowhere near a GUF2 etc.

Got US flights next month but don't really want to earn 200-300TP that will only serve to increase my overall total when I could easily pay a lot less and fly economy.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Quick question.

My last GUF expires in Nov this year.
Does this have to be used for a booking this year i.e. before 8th Dec or can it be applied against something in say January if booked in the next month or so?
just needs to be redeemed by expiry, the flight can be after
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by rjn21
.......On attempting to nominate this year’s gold, BA.com errors and says I have neither a HHA nor a F&F, so cannot nominate any cards.

Fixed by GGL email team today (next day from email). Good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.