Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I know of two other people who've had the same experience, but don't think either of them post here.

I just phoned up GGL earlier to query the expiry date on mine and they think that it is an error and have sent a query to the loyalty team. I note I have another CCR card now pending on my Exec Club items...
even if mistakes happen the ggl team are usually pretty well on the ball
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've just qualified for GGL (right at the end of my tier point year) but my expiry date is still shown as 31 July 2018, even though my CCR card is showing as fulfilled. Should I be concerned? I raised it on Twitter and they said it'd be sorted once the new card was physically printed, which I can sort of believe but I'm sceptical.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Transferring avios

Hello, I read that I can transfer 162.000 avios for free, but when I use the function.. I'm only offered 27? Do I have to call ggl? Or how does it work.
Thnx
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Hello, I read that I can transfer 162.000 avios for free, but when I use the function.. I'm only offered 27? Do I have to call ggl? Or how does it work.
Thnx
Have a look at the GGL guide here and specifically the section on transferring avios in post 1 Gold Guest List beginner's guide

There are two ways you can transfer up 324,000 Avios per calendar year:
  • Free for the first 162,000 Avios transferred (combined total for all transferred within a calendar year)
  • You can pay to transfer up to 162,000 additional Avios
Other conditions and details:
  • You can transfer a maximum of 54,000 Avios per member each calendar year, 27,000 Avios for free and 27,000 by paying to transfer.
Also the relevant section from the terms and conditions for ggl:

9. Free Transfer Avios for Gold Guest List Customers

9.1. In addition to the Transfer Avios rules set out in the Conditions of Use the following rules are relevant to Gold Guest List Members:

9.1.1. Members are able to transfer (as “Sender”) up to 162,000 Avios each calendar year free of charge to any eligible Executive Club members including individuals who have been added to the Sender’s Family and Friends List.

9.1.2. The Sender can only transfer a maximum of 27,000 Avios to any one member in any one calendar year on either a paid or free basis.

9.1.3. Recipients of the Avios can receive a maximum of 54,000 Avios each calendar year, however the maximum number of Avios a recipient can receive on a paid basis is 27,000 and the maximum a recipient can receive on a free basis is 27,000.

9.1.4. Once transferred, the transaction cannot be reversed and the Avios cannot be re-deposited to the Sender’s account except by using the Transfer Avios process, subject to the sole discretion of British Airways to transfer Avios back to the Sender’s account.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:13 pm

Thank you. Of course I read all this. But I don't understand it.
LOL.
So I can send 162 000.. But only 27 per transaction? Or per individual?
What if I wanna send 50 or 100 to one on my friends and family? Not possible
To. Me this is not clear.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Just wondering if anyone had any updated info for how to gift a partner card as a GGL when the website does not allow you to create a friends and family list.

In my case, I previously had a non-household account...and in years past, I was able to create a family and friends list to do GGL partner card nominations.

My wife was head of a separate household account with her and our children. I was not part of the household account because historically too many limitations were placed on HHA redemptions.

But, as we are currently planning some family trips...I decided to join the household account...and, of course, BA doesn't let you change head of household. I thought that would be OK...except now I don't seem to have the ability to create an F&F list, or access nominations.

I suppose it'll be no problem to call the GGL line...just wondering if there were any work-arounds or other advice. Do I need to edit the F&F list on her account as she is head of the household account? Could I then nominate partner cards using that list? (Currently the household F&F list is empty.)
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great guide and an interesting read for a newbie. Is there something like this for the lower tiers? I find the breakdown on BA quite basic, or are the other tiers just basic? I understand the others don’t have guest list but this does list all the benefits as well.
Dubliner1 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
The main guide, which I have linked for ease, is a good place to start!

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
The main guide, which I have linked for ease, is a good place to start!

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition
Thank you for that, so much information on FT I get a little lost.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I just phoned up GGL earlier to query the expiry date on mine and they think that it is an error and have sent a query to the loyalty team. I note I have another CCR card now pending on my Exec Club items...
To tidy this up, looks like it was an error as I received another CCR card a few days ago with the correct expiry date.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:34 pm

Ccr cards

I haven't received my card at all. And my friend received one ccr in his ggl card set and one extra one. I was told, they had some problems with not having enough ccr cards and also sending out doubles in the ggl box.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:26 pm

I am still confused with transferring avios or Booking a flight for someone else.
I understand now, that it is 27000 avios for free I can Transfer - but it says to ANY member of the baec ? i only see a way to choose my Friends and Family? how can I send to a travel companion?
and also: I thought I am able to book a flight using avios for someone who is not on my Friends and Family list as GGL ? am i wrong? i cant do it online and even calling GGL said oh sometimes it works.., but not Right now im sorry ?

whats the deal About that? thank you for the support
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:39 pm

and also: I thought I am able to book a flight using avios for someone who is not on my Friends and Family list as GGL ? am i wrong? i cant do it online and even calling GGL said oh sometimes it works.., but not Right now im sorry ?
if you are in a household account you can only book for other members of the household or friends or family.

if not when you book on the passenger details page select no for "Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking?" and just enter the passenger details directly into the fields
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:43 pm

WOW.. thats really limiting!.. and that applies to GGL as well ?

thats the first time I hear this clearly.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:08 pm

WOW.. thats really limiting!.. and that applies to GGL as well ?

thats the first time I hear this clearly.
yes applies to all baec members if you are in a household account. Non HHA folks can book for whoever they like. better than it was, previously those in a HHA could only book for others in the same HHA, but it was broadened I think around 2-3 years ago to allow booking for F&F,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.