Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Yes.. thanks for your understanding Dave.. absolutely.

I was so upset because I asked for this ORC over a month.. and they did the wrong thing and screwed it up and now wanted to tell me I am not eligable..

BUT.. being polite but persistent.. I finally brought my point across (well I told her google ORC haha) and the dear Agent worked in total favor for me.. 15 min later the BAEC excused themselves for the misunderstanding.. crediting not only the OR but also the Qatar TPs.. and I got a nice welcome call..

So thank you very much BA for treating me special.. haha. and thank you DAVE, too
dylanks and Dubliner1 like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:16 pm

Redemption for the new year

Good evening .
When I turned GGL under my benefits it was listed my redemption and my CCR.. Some other stuff I forgot.
Now my year ended in which I just turned GGL..
As I understand the 2 redemptions from. Last year are gone. But I should get 2 new ones..? Right But nothing shows up? And my ccr is not there either.
It only shows the bar saying u need 3000 tp to remain GGL
Thnx for the help
Old May 9, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Good evening .
When I turned GGL under my benefits it was listed my redemption and my CCR.. Some other stuff I forgot.
Now my year ended in which I just turned GGL..
As I understand the 2 redemptions from. Last year are gone. But I should get 2 new ones..? Right But nothing shows up? And my ccr is not there either.
It only shows the bar saying u need 3000 tp to remain GGL
Thnx for the help
CCR does not show up in the account summary online but do the jokers. But you will get a card and the Jokers must be there. Be patient for the card. For me if arrived about 2 weeks after the GGL card.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:20 am

thats the Thing.. NOTHING Shows anymore after the year ended. where it said Concorde Room Card and Redemption (1) its blank.. it only Shows you Need 3000TP to retain GGL.
and i used one Joker on the last day of the last year and asked again that I will get 2 new redemptions and she said no. you dont get new redemptions..
so now i am a bit .. lost :-)
Old May 17, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Quick q: I have a 2-4-1 and GUF2. Should I achieve GGL, would it be plausible to use joker and both those vouchers for an F redemption booking, even if there's no Avios availability? Does it depend on a fare code existing within said cabin, or is any code (subject to availability) usable?

This would be the main reason for me to push to GGL, so want to make sure I'm not imagining the above.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Quick q: I have a 2-4-1 and GUF2. Should I achieve GGL, would it be plausible to use joker and both those vouchers for an F redemption booking, even if there's no Avios availability? Does it depend on a fare code existing within said cabin, or is any code (subject to availability) usable?

This would be the main reason for me to push to GGL, so want to make sure I'm not imagining the above.

Thanks
I’ve done this before - there needs to be availability in A bucket.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Thanks
yes if you are doing it all at once (using the 2-4-1 and applying the GUF at the time of booking) you either need F reward availability, or use a joker to open up seats if there is no reward availability. For a joker you need A selling class availability and no one else has used a joker on your flight in your cabin.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond

Thanks
Yes this would work fine. There are 2 conditions that must be met for that case:
  1. There must be sufficient seats left in the 'A' booking class. So for 4 seats you need A4 or higher.
  2. Another GGL/Premier has not already used their joker for that specific flight/cabin
You won't know the answer to (2) until you call the GGL team and try to book.

Note other restrictions that apply here:
  • The holder of the 2-4-1 must be one of the persons travelling.
  • Payment for 2-4-1 bookings needs to be made on an Amex card
  • If you in a household account, all persons must be a member of the household account
If you need time to confirm all details with other passengers, the GGL team can create a booking and put it on hold for 72 hours for you, which is a really useful benefit.

Edit : Beaten to it by KARFA!
KARFA likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by IJG2

I’ve done this before - there needs to be availability in A bucket.
Good to know, thanks.

On a given First flight of eight seats I'd assume: two go to Z for redemption; six remain at, say, three in A and three in F codes? So likelihood of getting a pair in any given three day cycle from LHR-SIN-SYD seems reasonable?
Old May 17, 2018, 2:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Good to know, thanks.

On a given First flight of eight seats I'd assume: two go to Z for redemption; six remain at, say, three in A and three in F codes? So likelihood of getting a pair in any given three day cycle from LHR-SIN-SYD seems reasonable?
In terms of reward seats it's variable, BA aren't obliged to offer any F reward seats on a flight, the guarantee is only for J and Y seats.

A selling class usually starts at 9. If using a joker and booking a few months out you shouldn't have an issue getting two seats released.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Good to know, thanks.

Ooh, the ways of BA Revenue Management are akin to the Dark Arts. I wouldn't assume that to be the case

Seriously though, BA don't guarantee any seats in Z class for each flight (unlike Club) but normally do. The allocation is very dependent on time of year, demand and local events e.g. Singapore Grand Prix, other big events etc. Availability in the various buckets can change frequently, so it can be worthwhile securing a booking early as availability in A will be depleted closer to the flight departure.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is one of those unanswerable posts and I'm really writing it for any suggestions rather than expecting people to be able to answer a "how valuable is..." which is so subjective. Anyhow hopefully you will tolerate it. Basically three long trips have gone from being "client organised" to "self organised" and by putting them onto QR via Doha I will not only spend less money but get enough tier points to be GGL by year end... only snag is the timings of the QR flights are much less convenient than the BA directs (I will lose about a day each trip) I sleep well on long overnights to and from the Far East and generally everything will be a bit more hassle with co-ordinating things. So for those who are GGL.. worth the hassle?
Old May 17, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
You'll probably have better planes and better service flying with QR, so it might be worth it going that way anyway! The GUF1/GUF2 you'd get anyway from TPs without needing to hit 5k for GGL,so I'll skip those (even though they're good!). The Jokers may or may not help for you - I find them great for Amex 2-for-1 + GUF2 + Joker to redeem in comfort at a lower price pretty much whenever we want. My other half loves her gold card, her two best mates love their silver cards, but if you don't have friends/family who'd appreciate them it won't make so much difference. The GGL phone team have been good whenever I've needed help / have a question / want to make a complicated redemption booking, and there's almost never a long wait, so that's good. CCR the first year was nice, but I haven't really missed it since requalifying on only 3k. All really depends on how much you (+family/friends) can take advantage of the extra GGL bits!
Old May 17, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Yes this would work fine. There are 2 conditions that must be met for that case:
Note other restrictions that apply here:
  • The holder of the 2-4-1 must be one of the persons travelling.
  • Payment for 2-4-1 bookings needs to be made on an Amex card
  • If you in a household account, all persons must be a member of the household account
You may find you can get away without all the passengers being in your household account, even though it definitely says this in the terms and conditions. I used a joker to book five F seats this summer using a 2-4-1 and several GUF1/2 vouchers and none of the other passengers are in my HHA. I was fully prepared to add them though if the GGL line said this had to be done to make the booking.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:06 am

Not a question I've seen asked on FT before, but here goes. Is there any way possible to gift my CCR card to someone else? Considering that there are not a huge amount in circulation, would BA be amenable to something like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.