Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Banana4321
Well I was Gold this morning, now Silver...
What’s target for tomorrow? Bronze ? ;-)
Banana4321 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Reposting earlier question

Quick question : Gifted BA Silver travelling on BA Staff Concession from Canada to London in Economy

Does the Silver card holder still get the Silver Baggage allowance as below even if travelling on Staff concession?
  • A checked baggage allowance of two bags when travelling in economy
  • For everyone in your booking, except on hand baggage only (Basic) fares*
  • A weight allowance of 32kg (70lb) per checked bag
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by Banana4321
Well I was Gold this morning, now Silver...
Boooooooo ...... you'd got my hope up
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
At what point do you get the Hilton diamond status? 5000TP, renewal at 3000TP etc.?

Dropped to silver this morning after my diamond status ended yesterday (from Dec 2016 when I phoned BA after hitting GGL). Only done 3 stays so far this year due to personal reasons and a few stays elsewhere that were more convenient.

Got GGL until 2020 with the 2 year extension (didn't bother getting the 3000TP for renewal back in Dec as I had no option but to change a couple of flights to the week after my year ended so ended up 400-500TP short after a slack year).
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Originally Posted by xenole
At what point do you get the Hilton diamond status? 5000TP, renewal at 3000TP etc.?

Dropped to silver this morning after my diamond status ended yesterday (from Dec 2016 when I phoned BA after hitting GGL). Only done 3 stays so far this year due to personal reasons and a few stays elsewhere that were more convenient.

Got GGL until 2020 with the 2 year extension (didn't bother getting the 3000TP for renewal back in Dec as I had no option but to change a couple of flights to the week after my year ended so ended up 400-500TP short after a slack year).
BA renewed my Hilton diamond this year with my 3000 point GGL re qualification.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by xenole

It is not automatic, you will need to contact GGL and ask them to resubmit your details to Hilton.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Worked for me in a couple of days and just as Diamond was expiring
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Reposting earlier question

Quick question : Gifted BA Silver travelling on BA Staff Concession from Canada to London in Economy

Does the Silver card holder still get the Silver Baggage allowance as below even if travelling on Staff concession?
  • A checked baggage allowance of two bags when travelling in economy
  • For everyone in your booking, except on hand baggage only (Basic) fares*
  • A weight allowance of 32kg (70lb) per checked bag
Hideboyzoned, I saw the question earlier, and I don't know the answer. I'm thinking that those that might know (staff who travel on staff tickets who also have earned BAEC status) may never see this message buried in this thread. Since it's not really a GGL specific question (gifted Silver status is not treated differently than normal Silver status), it may be worth looking for a staff travel thread or starting a new thread to hopefully find an answer.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
If your membership year ends on 8th April, when does it reset midnight on the 7th or midnight on the 8th. Ie does travel on the 8th in UK time count to this year or the next/new year
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by NorthUistFlyer
If your membership year ends on 8th April, when does it reset midnight on the 7th or midnight on the 8th. Ie does travel on the 8th in UK time count to this year or the next/new year
I 'Think' all activity that departs/starts (Doesn't matter when it lands) before 11.59pm on 8th counts for that current year. If that answers your question.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by NorthUistFlyer
flights on the 8th will count in your previous membership year - the reset is during the night from 8th to 9th so from 9th onwards counts towards next year. all based on local time (rather than UK time). and if it takes a few days to post (e.g. because it's a QR flight), the BA system (for once) is pretty good at resetting you so there's no real way for carrying forward any TPs even if they post on 9th or later for flights taken on 8th or before.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
My joker & GUF with another persons Avios & 2-4-1?

So far my experience of using all of these instruments have straight out vanilla using my own allowances.

Is it possible to use my joker & a GUF2 with another person's Avios and their 2-4-1 voucher?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just tried to use a joker to UUA from WT to WT+ and was told it couldn't be done without T fare availability. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Just tried to use a joker to UUA from WT to WT+ and was told it couldn't be done without T fare availability. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?
That is correct, for upgrade to WTP there needs to be availability in the T fare bucket. Unfortunately there is no longer a way around this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I don't believe there is a way around this. In the past there might (anecdotally) have been an option for an agent to ask Revenue Management if they could add the required inventory, but I believe those days are gone. The requirement for T fare bucket availability is detailed in the front page Wiki.

One option might be to setup an ExpertFlyer or similar alert in case the required number of T class becomes available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.