Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Regarding the increase in guests over summer I think this is an interesting and positive step. I've often thought some sort of CCR / GF "joker" would be useful so that friends / family can all be brought in a couple of times a year. As it stands I don't use the guesting benefit for 90% or more of my flights and when I want to I can't because we are one too many / children over 2 count etc.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chris1979
not disputing that a GGL can change a booking s/he has made for someone else even without being on it.

BUT, I have been able to change bookings made by a silver friend for me without charges. i.e. it is not my experience that the status of the person paying determines whether fee is paid (but in my experience, GGL pax has meant no fees)
That's a cock up by a GGL agent rather than being the correct procedure. The status of the passenger isn't relevant to the cancellation fees applied to a booking unless the passenger has also paid for the booking.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
That's a cock up by a GGL agent rather than being the correct procedure. The status of the passenger isn't relevant to the cancellation fees applied to a booking unless the passenger has also paid for the booking.
Are you sure?

Logically, it would make sense as a benefit (and avoid someone trying to game the system). and I can't imagine it being easy to try to work out from which account the Avios came from - vs simply looking at the status of the pax.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It is very easy for agents to work it out, it shows the FQTR and the credit card holder name right there on the first screen.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Would somebody be kind enough to pm me the email address for GGL please? I am abroad and don't have access to a phone at the moment. Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
While not a BA GGL specific benefit, I had the pleasure (via AA's reciprocal CK benefits to GGL members) of seeing my name on a board on the airbridge at T3 this morning coming off an AA flight. A OW employee (that is what her high-viz jacket displayed) said she was there to give me a CK private car transport across to T5 for my connection to Dublin. With a heavy heart I had to decline as my connection to Dublin was an evening b2b and I had a full days work to get done in the London office. I did consider (and was asked) if I still wanted to go via T5, but a 30min delay on my flight saw me already pushed for time. A lovely benefit (which AA offers!) and one I hope I can take advantage of another time.

Pilot37
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Pilot37
While not a BA GGL specific benefit, I had the pleasure (via AA's reciprocal CK benefits to GGL members) of seeing my name on a board on the airbridge at T3 this morning coming off an AA flight. A OW employee (that is what her high-viz jacket displayed) said she was there to give me a CK private car transport across to T5 for my connection to Dublin. With a heavy heart I had to decline as my connection to Dublin was an evening b2b and I had a full days work to get done in the London office. I did consider (and was asked) if I still wanted to go via T5, but a 30min delay on my flight saw me already pushed for time. A lovely benefit (which AA offers!) and one I hope I can take advantage of another time.

Pilot37
Interesting!

I have experienced some CK benefit consistently at CLT, occasionally at LAX but never at LHR. That would be amazingly useful if it were to be offered at T3 on a regular basis.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Partner Cards

Hi
I have one partner card left from my current year which I would like to allocate to a friend.

Said friend is not currently on my Friends and Family list. But I am not sure I should have a Friends and Family list as I am no longer part of a HHA and the T&Cs say that Friends and Family is for members who are part of an HHA

"19.1. The following are the specific terms and conditions that apply to a Family and Friends List, which enables Members who are part of a Household Account ...." that is from the t&cs effective 10 July 2017, not sure if it is a new feature.

I am worried that if I remove one of the existing F&F members and try to add a new one I'll end up with no F&F list at all. Has anyone encountered this?

How do people who are not in an HHA nominate others for partner cards?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
They only need to be a member of your Friends and Family list, not a member of your Household Account. The Household Account is irrelevant.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They only need to be a member of your Friends and Family list, not a member of your Household Account. The Household Account is irrelevant.
What is confusing me though is that having a Household Account seems to be a pre-requisite to have a Friends and Family list according to the current T&Cs. There doesn't seem to be provision for having a F&F list otherwise. I feel like mine is jsut an accidental hangover from when I was in an HHA and that if I mess with it then it might disappear.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
What is confusing me though is that having a Household Account seems to be a pre-requisite to have a Friends and Family list according to the current T&Cs. There doesn't seem to be provision for having a F&F list otherwise. I feel like mine is jsut an accidental hangover from when I was in an HHA and that if I mess with it then it might disappear.
Don't worry about it, F&F is a separate list to the HHA. Just ensure you enrol your friend as a member of the F&F and not the HHA and you'll be fine.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Don't worry about it, F&F is a separate list to the HHA. Just ensure you enrol your friend as a member of the F&F and not the HHA and you'll be fine.
I see where Iamnotlost is coming from on this. Iamnotlost is not part of a Household Account any longer and according to the Terms and Conditions that is a prerequisite for having a Family and Friends list.

From the BA website:

Q. What is the Family and Friends list?
A. The Family and Friends list allows Executive Club members who are part of a Household Account to redeem for up to five nominated individuals who do not live at the same address.

It suggests that you cannot have a Family and Friends list if you are not part of a Household Account.

Iamnotlost has a Family and Friends list leftover from when Iamnotlost was part of a Household Account.

I am the head of our Household Account so I don't have any personal experience to draw on but I don't think it's as straightforward an answer @Tobias-UK.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:39 am

Thanks golfmad - that is my problem exactly. I am worried if I mess with it then the whole thing might disappear. I am guessing though that people who are not in HHAs can dish out partner cards - maybe some kind person who has done that will be able to reveal all. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:07 am

Ah right, now I understand. It wasn't clear at first reading. Yes, I see your dilemma. I've just logged in to an account that is not part of a household account and I see this:
Attached Images  
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
Thanks golfmad - that is my problem exactly. I am worried if I mess with it then the whole thing might disappear. I am guessing though that people who are not in HHAs can dish out partner cards - maybe some kind person who has done that will be able to reveal all. Fingers crossed.
A F&F list exists for all BAEC members (I have one and do not have a HHA), but I am not sure how it affects your specific account because of your account history.

What I have to say though is that the 6 month period of changing a full (5 members) F&F list is incredibly annoying. I have had a full list for a couple of years from people I have gifted cards to or e.g. a colleague I frequently travel with an book avios tickets for and other things. This means that I currently can't gift my girlfriend [she's not on there] a gold card as I added two new friends to give 2 silver cards 5 months ago.

BA have shown zero flexibility on this account several times when I have tried to get around this... Having a possible 6 cards to give away every 13 months , plus a couple of close friends/colleagues that benefit from being on the list (I can make amendments to the bookings) makes the number 5 very insufficient...

If the list was 8 or 10 it would make life so much easier...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.