Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by bagold
Wow... very efficient... I crossed the 5000 mark but NO welcome email. Only one about Partner cards. NO Hilton... anyone know how I can upgrade my Hilton status as I'm staying in one next week.
I've never had to do it as I've been Diamond for donkey's years but I suggest you call the GGL line. I'm not sure whether it will happen in time for your stay next week though.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I seem to think that a list of those to be made diamond is sent once a month from the GGL team to hhonors so it may not be a speedy process.

I think my one took 2-3 weeks to come through when I did it a few years ago when I first became a GGL. I think you have to repeat the process every year, it isn't done automatically. Apart from when I did it first time I haven't had to use the GGL benefit as ironically I am now earning diamond based on stays!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
I've been GGL for several years, and always calendar bookmark my anniversary so I can call them about the Hilton Diamond. It's been restored within 3 days of that call.

Ideal for us as a family this summer vacation as we were staying in a high end Hilton (Madison Beach, CT), and the service was fantastic.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by M17SST
When this thread was started I read it out of interest; not for one second did I think I'd have anything to contribute to it!

But after using the knowledge I've gained from you lovely people I've just qualified as GGL for the first time

As a datapoint, the timing was:

Qualifying flight: Sunday
TP posted: Monday (surprised/impressed me as this was a bank holiday)
Status on website: Tuesday
Status on app: Wednesday
GGL and Concorde Room cards: Thursday

I thought this was incredibly efficient, particularly given the bank holiday.

The pack contains 2 x Golden Tickets which I don't think are mentioned in the guide (and I thought I read on another thread that these had been enhanced?) But I'm definitely not hallucinating them.

I also received two emails yesterday. One advising me about partner cards, and the second one welcoming me to Hilton Diamond with a link to activate membership.

All in all it's been a very slick experience.

Oh, and the lovely Lounge Angel at T5 Flounge allowed me to take two guests in rather than one based on the number of TP on my app ^
Congrats! And wow, that was far more efficient than my experience, and I did not receive the golden tickets or welcome emails.

The Hilton status took about a week after I called the GGL line. It's resulted in one meaningful upgrade (CPH), with other upgrades basically being to a room on the executive floor.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Couple of questions that may or may not be in here.

Does GGL status update with BA / on the app at the same rate as Gold? i.e. within say 2 days of getting the required tier points.

Will hopefully hit around 5300+ sometime in mid-November.
Then arriving at JFK for a CX F flight to HKG (I assume even with a CCR card this flight doesn't qualify for CCR entry as it's not a BA flight?) - going to be 50TP short of 5000 when I arrive in PTY for my little run up to JFK over 1/2 days so can't see points posting by then anyway.

Got a couple of days of travel / stopover in Hong Kong after JFK before I return to LHR.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Does GGL status update with BA / on the app at the same rate as Gold? i.e. within say 2 days of getting the required tier points.
Yes, should do.

Will hopefully hit around 5300+ sometime in mid-November.
Then arriving at JFK for a CX F flight to HKG (I assume even with a CCR card this flight doesn't qualify for CCR entry as it's not a BA flight?).
I didn't think so either since the CCR is not a oneworld lounge, but I think others have reported success at JFK when on CX, so worth asking when you are there.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

I didn't think so either since the CCR is not a oneworld lounge, but I think others have reported success at JFK when on CX, so worth asking when you are there.
Not a deal breaker for me as I've 4 1/2 hours between flights and a shower and change of clothes will be a priority and I'll have to head to the normal Galleries lounge for that anyway.

Hoping it's in place by LHR as I'll have 30 mins (well, 1h30+ but the usual immigration, transit stuff eating into that) or so before my next flight.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Quick question - I thought I had read somewhere that GGL members could reserve Spa treatments even if not travelling in First prior to arrival in the lounge.
Did I imagine that benefit as YouFirst have told me I can't?

Thanks, Pilot37
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Quick question - I thought I had read somewhere that GGL members could reserve Spa treatments even if not travelling in First prior to arrival in the lounge.

Thanks, Pilot37
Reservations for spa treatments are only available to those flying in First.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Pilot37
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Reservations for spa treatments are only available to those flying in First.
Actually, I've been able to have the GGL reserve a treatment for me when traveling in CW. But YouFirst won't be able to help with that as they only help with First bookings. This is something where the GGL email address is probably a better use of time than calling.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I've heard that it is accepted as well even when flying on other OW carriers. It would be great to get confirmation on this!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dylanks
Actually, I've been able to have the GGL reserve a treatment for me when traveling in CW. But YouFirst won't be able to help with that as they only help with First bookings. This is something where the GGL email address is probably a better use of time than calling.
The GGL Team and You First are the same team!

The spa reservation was likely a mistake, reservations are only for First passengers.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Thanks for the responses Tobias-UK and dylanks, I'll try and grab something when I get to the airport.

Btw - dylanks, had my first l/h upgrade since 2008 on my return from HKG on Sunday night from CW to 1A - the crew were great (I had gotten to know them on the outbound), so def. felt even more looked after on the return, but they appeared to be excellent for all onboard, nice bonus for reaching GGL during the week.

Pilot37
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

The GGL Team and You First are the same team!
Really?!? The YouFirst email I sent last time seemed much more interested in fobbing me off compared to GGL. I guess I'll chalk that off as small sample size!

The spa reservation was likely a mistake, reservations are only for First passengers.
Ok. I asked about this and was told that I may request an advance booking as a GGL.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses Tobias-UK and dylanks, I'll try and grab something when I get to the airport.

Btw - dylanks, had my first l/h upgrade since 2008 on my return from HKG on Sunday night from CW to 1A - the crew were great (I had gotten to know them on the outbound), so def. felt even more looked after on the return, but they appeared to be excellent for all onboard, nice bonus for reaching GGL during the week.

Pilot37
Sounds like you received the same first time GGL upgrade I did (CW to 1A)! Obviously not an official perk, but it was my first upgrade on BA ever, so it was very much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.