Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:02 am

Right! Thank you MPH1980.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
PHL First dining?

Hi,

Does the CCR card also give access to the First dining section at the PHL BA lounge? It's not mentioned on the first page.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Hi,

Does the CCR card also give access to the First dining section at the PHL BA lounge? It's not mentioned on the first page.
No. Unless its branded as "Concorde" you don't get access. So CCRs in JFK and LHR are fair game. As is the Concorde Dining Room at IAD and all Concorde Bars. But pre-flight dining otherwise remains based on COS. In other words, if flying Y, you couldn't even take part in the CW buffet as a result of your CCR card.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Thanks, good to know. Though the Avios/TPs have posted for Y, despite being ticketed in F and (eventually) flying in F. I'm not entirely surprised, I did receive the priority you both mention to get back into F, but somewhere in the AA system they have treated it as an upgrade and the BP showed class X. ORC request coming, let's see what happens.

Originally Posted by skba1
Ah, this not so lovely problem. Last time I was in your situation with a standby for F I got the correct booking class. However once before it was wrong and then it took me 2 months of battles with BA/AA to get it right.

I think this is one for the GGL team to sort out after showing the original booking. It is most likely AA that have to change their 'reward' to the BAEC.
Originally Posted by golfmad
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Booked in F on AA, missed connection, downgraded to Y the following morning and then upgraded again at the gate. Ended up flying in F but only awarded 20 points. I emailed the GGL team with the original boarding pass, the new Y one and the new F one and had a response back the same day to tell me the extra points would be awarded (although they have yet to turn up I'm sure they will).
Just to circle round on this (it possibly belongs more in the new ORC guide thread, but as the story started here...), it took a month, but I did eventually get the ORC of TPs and Avios.

Called the GGL line who logged the claim (didn't actually require me to send the BPs, though advised me to keep them). Long story short from a couple of chaser calls, GGL line reported that they could see they sent my claim to back office the day I called, they could see it took 12 days before BA back office sent it to AA, and there was a note saying it would take 17 days from that point to get a response. In the end it took 20 days, so a total of 32 days, but AA did honour it and awarded the correct TPs and Avios as per the original ticket. Happy ending, glad I didn't wait too long after the flights to make the claim.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I will be GGL by October and I'm looking forward to sharing the 1 Gold 2 Silver with family members. However, my partner (who is part of the household account) will reach GGL at the end of this month and also have 1 Gold 2 Silver to share.

What happens when you are GGL but not the head of the family account? This might be a stupid question, but neither of us have ever reached GGL before and this year we both double qualify with over 10,000TPs....

Am I wrong in thinking that between us we can almost give our whole family account gold or silver status? If not, I have to wait 6 months to remove my partner from the account...

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
I am currently at 4870 TPs and have a bunch of flights tomorrow that will push me over 5000 for GGL and CCR. The flights are on AA (60+210 TPs) and on BA (140 TP for TATL). The day after I am going to CPH (connecting from TATL). While I know the TPs will not post in time for CCR access, is it worth it giving the GL a call and asking to let the CCR dragon that a new CCR card holder is coming? I have absolutely no hope for AA flights to post, but considering I'm 130 TPs short and the BA flight earns 140 - would they be willing to be a bit flexible?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I am currently at 4870 TPs and have a bunch of flights tomorrow that will push me over 5000 for GGL and CCR. The flights are on AA (60+210 TPs) and on BA (140 TP for TATL). The day after I am going to CPH (connecting from TATL). While I know the TPs will not post in time for CCR access, is it worth it giving the GL a call and asking to let the CCR dragon that a new CCR card holder is coming? I have absolutely no hope for AA flights to post, but considering I'm 130 TPs short and the BA flight earns 140 - would they be willing to be a bit flexible?
It was certainly no problem when I needed CCR access the day after I qualified, long before the arrival of the card or the updating of 'the list'. I called the GGL line, who were more than happy to call the CCR staff at T5, and indeed the agent at the podium had my details when I arrived and waived me in. ^

Now of course I had already officially qualified at this point, but I would imagine they could certainly arrange for you to have access.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:35 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
How does it work with household accounts and friends/family for the gold and silver nomination?

For instance I got a household account where I am the head of. Parents are added to it. I want to nominate my uncle to silver, but I don't want him to have access to the household account or be a part of it.
Is that possible?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by jason8612
How does it work with household accounts and friends/family for the gold and silver nomination?

For instance I got a household account where I am the head of. Parents are added to it. I want to nominate my uncle to silver, but I don't want him to have access to the household account or be a part of it.
Is that possible?
You can nominate anyone inside or outside of your household account
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:15 am

Is that possible?
Just add your uncle to your friends and family list in your BAEC account, rather than household account, and nominate him from there. Bear in mind that when you make changes to your F&F list, after a 24 hour window you can't make further changes to it for 6 months.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:33 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Bear in mind that when you make changes to your F&F list, after a 24 hour window you can't make further changes to it for 6 months.
I thought that only applied after you removed someone?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by flibbly
I thought that only applied after you removed someone?
You could be right, I think I've always removed someone when making a change, so perhaps just adding doesn't bring this restriction. Thanks for that.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:57 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Just add your uncle to your friends and family list in your BAEC account, rather than household account, and nominate him from there. Bear in mind that when you make changes to your F&F list, after a 24 hour window you can't make further changes to it for 6 months.
OK. So I could add him to the F&F part, and not the household. Good to know.
And how does it work with GGL renewal? If I wanted to nominate someone else, I assume I would remove and add a new person in a month or so before my membership term renews?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:23 am

OK. So I could add him to the F&F part, and not the household. Good to know.
And how does it work with GGL renewal? If I wanted to nominate someone else, I assume I would remove and add a new person in a month or so before my membership term renews?
Not sure exactly what you mean here. If you are referring to the new set of nominations you get when GGL renews annually, then what matters is that the nominees are in your household account or F&F list at the point of nomination.

You could add them to the lists at any point before you intend to nominate, bearing in mind as above, if you remove someone, you can't change the F&F list again for 6 months.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
if you remove someone, you can't change the F&F list again for 6 months.
I've been allowed to change more frequently than this, calling up, but have always been told that it shouldn't really be allowed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.