Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Jun 18, 22, 7:00 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
What country point of sale are you using - normally it is because Expert flyer defaults to USA but, of course the agents are looking at UK point of sale.

aks120
docsxx likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
As above, sounds like a point of sale issue to me.
docsxx likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by docsxx View Post
I am trying to use the joker on a flight for which I can see class A availability on the BA site but when I called the GGL line they could not see it. They looked for 10 minutes without success... It is not just one day, I can see class A in many days but they couldn't see it at the GGL line... is this normal?

Thanks!
I agere with the posters above. I've had POS issues and posted as such in a thread on FT. When looking for a flight from USA to the UK I was looking with a USA POS but the GGL team required availability with a UK POS which didn't exist at the time.

However, I love the idea that they searched everywhere for 10 minutes. Looking under the carpet and down the back of the sofa etc
Old Jul 4, 22, 2:09 am

Hi, newish GGL member. How long does it usually take for joker bookings to be confirmed? Been over a week, chased once (took an hour to get through on the phone). Is this normal? Not feeling much of a premium service so far
Old Jul 4, 22, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
Originally Posted by zen100 View Post
Hi, newish GGL member. How long does it usually take for joker bookings to be confirmed? Been over a week, chased once (took an hour to get through on the phone). Is this normal? Not feeling much of a premium service so far
IME it is usually overnight for the confirmation. However the draft booking is normally in MMB immediately to allow you to choose seats etc.
zen100 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 22, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup View Post
IME it is usually overnight for the confirmation. However the draft booking is normally in MMB immediately to allow you to choose seats etc.
Thanks, I can see the draft booking in MMB, but still not confirmed. Sounds like it's well out of the norm, so will chase them.

I still don't know how much the taxes and fees will be - it's an open-jaw, so not straightforward. If they are too high, then I will take a different approach.
Old Jul 4, 22, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by zen100 View Post
Short hauls almost confirmed instantly, long hauls usually overnight from my experiences, sometimes system glitches take longer and you need to chase up. My understanding is a booking usually can only be held for 72 hours, do make sure yours still valid. Contacted them yesterday for a booking, less than 10 minutes to get through.
Old Jul 4, 22, 7:35 am

Programs: GGLfL
If it's a new booking, it should be confirmed immediately while you are on the call. They can check in the system whether space release is available in the cabin, then proceed with the request which is processed in less than a minute.

If it is an existing booking, then they have to send the request manually and this will get confirmed (or not) within 24 hours, but usually much faster. You are almost always better off cancelling an existing booking and rebooking to get the instant confirmation.
KARFA and zen100 like this.
Old Jul 4, 22, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAGGL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Is there any way to get BA to stop sending hard copy High life magazines? Thanks
Old Jul 4, 22, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich View Post
Is there any way to get BA to stop sending hard copy High life magazines? Thanks
Opt out of marketing by post.
Old Jul 19, 22, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Apologies if recently asked and answered, I did try searching …

Are Jokers that were wrapped in a voucher (FTV or eVoucher) from previous membership years still available to use or did they expire when refunded as GUF’s did ?
Old Jul 19, 22, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EmeraldLady View Post
Apologies if recently asked and answered, I did try searching

Are Jokers that were wrapped in a voucher (FTV or eVoucher) from previous membership years still available to use or did they expire when refunded as GUFs did ?
if the FTV is still live then the joker should still be on it. if everything on the FTV was actually refunded, then the joker is now gone.
EmeraldLady and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jul 30, 22, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A question for this thread please as a newbie which there doesn't seem a clear answer (different experiences) when I searched:

1) Can I book using a joker and my wife's companion voucher if she is travelling with me?

2) If 1) doesn't work, can I use the joker now, and then get the GGL line to apply a companion voucher to the booking later to get 1/2 the avios back?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 30, 22, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Easy way is to try it - but yes, I have used a joker and my partners 241.

I dont think you can ever apply a 241 retrospectively to a booking, other than when booking a return leg and adding it to an already booked 241 outbound.
Old Jul 30, 22, 11:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by vintagepilot View Post
Easy way is to try it - but yes, I have used a joker and my partners 241.

I dont think you can ever apply a 241 retrospectively to a booking, other than when booking a return leg and adding it to an already booked 241 outbound.
OK thanks very much for the quick reply. I will try to apply mrs. firstlight's voucher to my joker as I'm looking at F redemptions. Apparently according to GGL line on a previous call if I lock in my joker now (expires in just over a week) the flight can be changed at will onto a different booking - better than losing it !

Search this Thread