Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
I though the 5,000 TPs enabled gifting of status (1 Gold and 3 Silver).
requalification as a GGL give the partner cards, so whether that was at 3000 in previous years or at the reduced rate now, new partner cards will show up a few days after your year end if you have requalified as a GGL.

the only benefit at 5000 used to be the CCR card.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Markie
I though the 5,000 TPs enabled gifting of status (1 Gold and 3 Silver).
As Karfa says, that's a GGL benefit, not a 5k TP benefit. Also it's 1 gold and 2 silver, not 3.
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Just got off the phone with the BA GGL assistance line (after a 20 min wait to get through), with some news on taxes. 2 of us were looking to upgrade flights to and from JFK in May ex-LHR. Booked as a BA holiday. Was told that the taxes had gone up significantly in the last couple of weeks. Upgrade from WT+ to CW would be the standard 24,000 avios pp ew (so 96,000 avios in total), plus something like Ł365 pp in taxes, not what she expected of around Ł60. The assistant was very apologetic and said she’d just come back to the office and double checked it with her colleague, as she was taken aback. We didn’t book it.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:58 am

It hasn’t been in the sub Ł100 range for several years now. I think last time I did one about 2/3 years ago it was already Ł200+ to UuA a return to the US, and the recent increase just makes it even worse.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Just got off the phone with the BA GGL assistance line (after a 20 min wait to get through), with some news on taxes. 2 of us were looking to upgrade flights to and from JFK in May ex-LHR. Booked as a BA holiday. Was told that the taxes had gone up significantly in the last couple of weeks. Upgrade from WT+ to CW would be the standard 24,000 avios pp ew (so 96,000 avios in total), plus something like Ł365 pp in taxes, not what she expected of around Ł60. The assistant was very apologetic and said she’d just come back to the office and double checked it with her colleague, as she was taken aback. We didn’t book it.
Yup. The US 'taxes' on J and F are now around Ł790 per person. Which, given the regularity of ex-EU J fares for Ł1k-Ł1.2k, makes redeeming non economical in the majority of scenarios.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
It hasn’t been in the sub Ł100 range for several years now. I think last time I did one about 2/3 years ago it was already Ł200+ to UuA a return to the US, and the recent increase just makes it even worse.
to be fair, having thought about it again, an upgrade of a mix of avios and tax for cash equivalent of Ł1.3k (very rough guess) or Ł300 each ew to Club isn’t the end of the world, if we decide to take it. Or we could just wait and see if any redemption seats become available to UUA, as taxes might be slightly lower..
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yup. The US 'taxes' on J and F are now around Ł790 per person. Which, given the regularity of ex-EU J fares for Ł1k-Ł1.2k, makes redeeming non economical in the majority of scenarios.
this was joker UUA attempt but I take your point. What do you use yours for now?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Or we could just wait and see if any redemption seats become available to UUA, as taxes might be slightly lower..
The taxes/fees should be identical.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:41 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
How many guests are allowed into CCR with a GGL?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by squeeler
1 as GGL not travelling in F, 2 if travelling in F.

Pilot37
squeeler and m8_rotate like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by squeeler
I believe.......

If GGL not flying in First - 1 guest
If the GGL is flying in First - 2 guests

Guests must be flying on BA.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Guests must be flying on BA.
I've guested people flying IB without issues...
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:42 am

Yes so I think the rules say for the CCR guests need to be on BA. I have said before though that the rule is probably one of those not readily known by agents and therefore is not enforced much. I suspect that it is more relaxed on this at the LHR CCR compared to the JFK CCR.
megaloman likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Hi, have just been trying to book a couple of CW seats using GGL Redemption plus GUF2 and the agent has said, no I availability so we cant do it? Is she confusing the GUF2 requirements and not fully understanding the Joker requirements (any revenue class?) or am I getting v rusty at this ! ??

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:35 am

You are right, GUF would need I, Joker should be D class.
wanderingjock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.