Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Thanks both, I'll try again tomorrow morning then...
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Ignore

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Jan 10, 2022 at 5:49 am
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:11 am
Suspended

How does a Joker + GUF2 voucher booking work for say 2 pax in First?

Does it open space in Business in D class for a Business redemption as long as 5 haven't already been released (Joker rules), then upgrade to First as long as the required number of A seats are left (GUF2 rules)? What happens if 5 seats in Business have already been released with other Jokers but D is still left on sale?

Does it open A seats on the flight and just process it as a simple Business miles + GUF2 voucher straight into F?

Two redemptions per year for British Airways to open up to five reward seats in fare classes A, D, T and B, rather than the standard reward fare class (this basically allows you to force open Avios reward seats)
(Head For Points)

I'm not sure what 'opening up' D class means? Does it mean if D class is on-sale you're good regardless of whether another GGL has released seats? If D class is not on sale will they not release regardless? Will they release only 5 'joker' seats per flight and the D class piece is a red herring?

I'm not GGL currently but trying to understand the mechanics of how easy it will be to redeem.

For example if I wanted to do a Joker + GUF2 would I simply need to look for a flight with A2 D2 ? Or would I need there to have not been 5 jokers redeemed in either cabin?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by exeu2017
How does a Joker + GUF2 voucher booking work for say 2 pax in First?

Does it open space in Business in D class for a Business redemption as long as 5 haven't already been released (Joker rules), then upgrade to First as long as the required number of A seats are left (GUF2 rules)? What happens if 5 seats in Business have already been released with other Jokers but D is still left on sale?

Does it open A seats on the flight and just process it as a simple Business miles + GUF2 voucher straight into F?

(Head For Points)

I'm not sure what 'opening up' D class means? Does it mean if D class is on-sale you're good regardless of whether another GGL has released seats? If D class is not on sale will they not release regardless? Will they release only 5 'joker' seats per flight and the D class piece is a red herring?

I'm not GGL currently but trying to understand the mechanics of how easy it will be to redeem.

For example if I wanted to do a Joker + GUF2 would I simply need to look for a flight with A2 D2 ? Or would I need there to have not been 5 jokers redeemed in either cabin?

Thanks in advance.
If D class is available and no one has used the joker on the same flight(regardless how many seats taken), then you can use a joker for up to five D seats. To use GUF from J to F you only need A fares available IIRC. Hope this clarifies.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Still
If D class is available and no one has used the joker on the same flight(regardless how many seats taken), then you can use a joker for up to five D seats. To use GUF from J to F you only need A fares available IIRC. Hope this clarifies.
Thanks - so short of a call being made and something 'special' being done, the general mechanics of it is:

Nobody else using their joker on that flight but no D class available = no
5 joker seats released already but 9+ D class available = no
no/some joker seats and D class available = yes

And once you've got your biz seats you can just play the GUF2 into A class in F as normal.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:51 pm

Is there a way to check how many jokers one has left to be used in ba.com? I can't seem to find this, but really dread having to call GGL at the moment, as recent FT posts have indicated that they'd say they're too busy and just hang up on you to call back later.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Is there a way to check how many jokers one has left to be used in ba.com? I can't seem to find this, but really dread having to call GGL at the moment, as recent FT posts have indicated that they'd say they're too busy and just hang up on you to call back later.
You'll need to call or email but I've got through fairly quickly recently.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:30 pm

Is GGL achieved at 5000 TPs or has it been reduced by 25% TPs like Gold (Precovid 1,500 TPs now 1,125 TPs)? Thank you
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by choif50
Is GGL achieved at 5000 TPs or has it been reduced by 25% TPs like Gold (Precovid 1,500 TPs now 1,125 TPs)? Thank you
Reduced till the 31st Dember 2022 then goes back to normal from Jan 1st
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
So 3,750 tier points by December means if I have March year end I need 3,750 by December 31st or 5,000 by March?

and is it 3,000 and 2,250 for renewal?

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 2358
So 3,750 tier points by December means if I have March year end I need 3,750 by December 31st or 5,000 by March?

and is it 3,000 and 2,250 for renewal?

thanks
Yes, that is correct! A whole lot easier getting the threshold as well with BAH double tier points imo
2358 and zen100 like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:11 am

Im really tempted to attempt to go for the reduced threshold. My year end is May and there is some travel I want to book as well and the double BAH. I guess there will be no other time like this except having to hit the 5k which I don’t think is achievable for me right now but possibly maintaining lower may be feasible.

I have had gold only for 2 years before but lost it due to COVID so now a happy silver. Very tempted to push hard from May onwards.

For those GGL is it a case of once reached you Dont really want to give it up?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Egbg100
For those GGL is it a case of once reached you Dont really want to give it up?

Yes...
Markie and David_Doyle like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:38 am
Suspended

A couple quick questions -

1) can one hold award space using jokers as a GGL while they transfer in the required miles?

2) can you book a one way with a joker and 241 and then add the return later while still preserving the ability to force open space/use the 241?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Without wanting to draw attention to it, has anybody else had a few GUF vouchers unexpectedly post to their account over the weekend?

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.