Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks for the explanation. I think the problem is for those of us who don't get paper bps it doesn't show on the mobile one. I am sure the information is on FLY sometime, but for something which determines lounge status there seems to be issues for BA ground staff to know what to look for and where. After all these years I am not sure why it is beyond BA to amend mobile bps as well to show GGL which may go some way to helping resolve this.
One thing to add. Most of the time when the agent scans my BP it gives me a big red x in the screen. That is normal in most of the time even before this change. (Only First class ticket I’ve seen the green tick) However last week when I went there it showed the green tick mark at the Concord Room lounge. (It was just a short haul CE trip) So somehow it is possible but again not consistent.
I do hope BA will solve this one way on another as it is awkward that the agent saying I should go back to the First lounge then I’m saying I’m GGL then typing, etc… Not the best service for the supposedly most valued customers.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
On Saturday I got a Red cross on entering CCR with my app boarding pass but the agent waved me in. I asked about the cross and she pointed to a box in the bottom right of her screen where it said ‘GGL’.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
With the five guests into lounge benefit - does this apply to First Wing or not?

Edit: found the original email finally. Terms and Conditions extract: "Guests travelling with the Gold Guest List Member from London Heathrow Terminal 5 may use The First Wing."

Last edited by mmxbreaks; Nov 17, 2021 at 2:23 am
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
With the five guests into lounge benefit - does this apply to First Wing or not?
yes if the guests on the same flight.
mmxbreaks likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes if the guests on the same flight.
While I believe this is (or, at the very least, was) in the original terms, I haven't found it to be policed. Anyone have experience otherwise?
KARFA and Deanog1976 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: BA
Just logged into account after latest update and there is no longer reference to GGL and the lifetime GGL is no longer there. Looks like they have got rid of it.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
While I believe this is (or, at the very least, was) in the original terms, I haven't found it to be policed. Anyone have experience otherwise?
Not recently but some time ago I guessed a random family of 4 who found out in the first wing they are downgraded from First to Club and they have to go to The club lounge. I overheard and stepped in so at least they could enjoy the First lounge. I don’t understand why BA couldn’t let them in to the First lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Billywedlockflier
Just logged into account after latest update and there is no longer reference to GGL and the lifetime GGL is no longer there. Looks like they have got rid of it.
Can’t find reference to GGFL anywhere on the website currently.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone else able to comment on this?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone else able to comment on this?
It was once part of this page:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../gold-benefits

It’s not clear now if the partner cards come only at 5k points each TP year, or the recurring 3k (once you’ve first hit 5k) to get the CCR card.

Though this is definitely a downgrade on GUFs (as they potentially now need reward space!) though good news on multi-carrier bookings.

“Upgrades are now available on mixed carrier bookings and are subject to reward availability in the higher cabin.”
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by AdBoy; Nov 20, 2021 at 4:18 am
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Welcome to FlyerTalk Billywedlockflier it’s great to see you here. Now that you’ve taken the plunge to join and post I hope you’ll feel welcome to continue contributing.

I think we still need to exercise a little patience with the BAEC ‘improvements’ - there are clearly many problems with the work being done behind the scenes. With respect to your GGL GGLFL observation, I wouldn’t worry. This will be related to the ongoing work behind the scenes. GGL is not going away.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy
It was once part of this page:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../gold-benefits

It’s not clear now if the partner cards come only at 5k points each TP year, or the recurring 3k (once you’ve first hit 5k) to get the CCR card.

Though this is definitely a downgrade on GUFs (as they potentially now need reward space!) though good news on multi-carrier bookings.

“Upgrades are now available on mixed carrier bookings and are subject to reward availability in the higher cabin.”
There is nothing new here, that page is unchanged (except for the recent introduction to CCR access for all GGLs). There is no change to the way GUFs are to be redeemed. GUFs have been allowed on mixed carrier itineraries for some time now - although only BA flights can be upgraded in a mixed-carrier itinerary.
lsquare and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
There is nothing new here, that page is unchanged (except for the recent introduction to CCR access for all GGLs). There is no change to the way GUFs are to be redeemed. GUFs have been allowed on mixed carrier itineraries for some time now - although only BA flights can be upgraded in a mixed-carrier itinerary.
So, they're not subject to reward availability and we can ignore that?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy
So, they're not subject to reward availability and we can ignore that?
They are subject to A class availability for upgrade to First, I class for Club and T class for Premium Economy.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes so I think that change was maybe 2019 or possibly 2018. But since then GUF can be used based on the selling classes noted above, and weren’t limited to reward space.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.