Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
For the little I know, before expiring date.
I had one expire, I phoned to make a flight change a few months after it expired and without any prompting the agent said she could see it had expired and offered to extend it for me for 6 months.

Speaking of which...

Can you use a GUF1 with a 2-4-1?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by wonderman
I had one expire, I phoned to make a flight change a few months after it expired and without any prompting the agent said she could see it had expired and offered to extend it for me for 6 months.
All the better, then

Originally Posted by wonderman
Can you use a GUF1 with a 2-4-1
Yes you should. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28823620-post4.html from the thread BA Gold Upgrade Voucher Discussion and Wiki Thread
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for life
Have jokers been devalued? Have tried to book a joker for the Maldives next Xmas and have been told that revenue are not releasing any seats for jokers until they see how much they can sell for full fare. I had the same issue when trying to do jokers to the rugby World Cup last summer (ended up going via HK as a result on avios). Is this a new development or am I just trying to book too high revenue routes with my jokers? Clearly very annoying when I have so many avios burning a hole in my pocket!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by womble88
Have jokers been devalued? Have tried to book a joker for the Maldives next Xmas and have been told that revenue are not releasing any seats for jokers until they see how much they can sell for full fare. I had the same issue when trying to do jokers to the rugby World Cup last summer (ended up going via HK as a result on avios). Is this a new development or am I just trying to book too high revenue routes with my jokers? Clearly very annoying when I have so many avios burning a hole in my pocket!
If there are seats available in A class and no-one else has used a joker then it should be possible for you to use yours. If there's no A class then the answer you received sounds reasonable.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
If there are seats available in A class and no-one else has used a joker then it should be possible for you to use yours. If there's no A class then the answer you received sounds reasonable.
Agreed but it feels like they are just not releasing them where as I never had an issue before including high peak high traffic routes.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Agreed but it feels like they are just not releasing them where as I never had an issue before including high peak high traffic routes.
Is A class available on the flights you wish to upgrade?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Is A class available on the flights you wish to upgrade?
How do I tell?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
How do I tell?
if you are comfortable giving your flight number and date someone can check expertflyer for you
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
if you are comfortable giving your flight number and date someone can check expertflyer for you
its any date from mid December onwards with no availability to use a joker to the Maldives. Was just trying to book the outward leg but zero availability. Is this normal?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
its any date from mid December onwards with no availability to use a joker to the Maldives. Was just trying to book the outward leg but zero availability. Is this normal?
Looking at the outbound on Expertflyer for Dec 13th/16th and 18th BA have only got C class fares available for sale. To use a joker in business you need D class availability. Looking at the seat maps (not completely accurate, but a good guide) business is not sold out, so it seems the agents point is correct. BA have only released the 2nd highest class in business for sale (C in this case) so no D class available to allow a joker. Keep an eye on the flights on EF for D class availability to open up.

Pilot37
womble88 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:14 pm

Apologies, I see the OP didn't say which classes and I assumed F. There's no F on that flight. OP which cabin do you want to fly in?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

Apologies, I see the OP didn't say which classes and I assumed F. There's no F on that flight. OP which cabin do you want to fly in?
club world
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
club world
Please see my response above this query for an answer to your question.

Pilot37
Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For LGW-MLE from 13 December to the end of December all dates are D0 and it just looks like C class is available. This may change as we are so far out, but only if D class is opened up will you be able to use a joker.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:44 pm

club world
For added reference, all the details are in post 1 of this very thread under the section GGL Redemption/Jokers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.