Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Jul 1, 19, 5:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
I've seen reports that the GUF vouchers will now book into A/I regardless of Avios availability.

A very welcome update.
As discussed here.

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 12:25 pm

Have a question regarding the Joker. I am GGL and the head of my own HHA. I am also a F&F of another HHA. Can I use my Joker to unlock a redemption seat, but redeem using Avios of the other HHA?
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:35 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BAEC (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, FPC (Premier), MR
Quick Q re GGL redemption class booking.

Just booked a one way using Avios to lax using my GGL redemption in WT. Expertflyer was showing B1 when I called. So no issues and they booked up straight away, but on checking the selling class in the booking it is showing as X and therefore no Avios and Tier Points being earned. I was under the assumption that a GGL redemption booking you into a revenue earning tier bucket or is this not always the case?
Old Jul 20, 19, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
It can book you into a revenue bucket but it will still be a redemption at the end of the day, with accordingly nothing earned from it. People may have however benefited from a bank error in your favour in the past...
Old Jul 20, 19, 11:32 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BAEC (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, FPC (Premier), MR
Originally Posted by Beaulieu View Post
It can book you into a revenue bucket but it will still be a redemption at the end of the day, with accordingly nothing earned from it. People may have however benefited from a bank error in your favour in the past...
Ah ok so it isnít guaranteed. Itís only my second that Iíve booked. I thought it would always book you into A, D, T or B Class, which are all revenue fare buckets and therefore earn you points and Avios. But clearly that isnít always the case, as this time around Iím booked in X (which I didnít even know existed).
Old Jul 20, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by highexpectations View Post
Ah ok so it isnít guaranteed. Itís only my second that Iíve booked. I thought it would always book you into A, D, T or B Class, which are all revenue fare buckets and therefore earn you points and Avios. But clearly that isnít always the case, as this time around Iím booked in X (which I didnít even know existed).
Every time I've used a joker it's pulled out of the revenue availability as expected but the flight gets booked into the appropriate redemption bucket. And that includes on straight redemptions or cash bookings combined with joker + GUF. Although with the recent GUF changes I don't think the joker is as valuable as it once was for that.
Old Jul 24, 19, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*

Quite unimpressed by the wording on my GGL renewal letter this year... not only was it signed off by ďYour Executive Club TeamĒ rather than by a person but it says that Iíve ďheld on toĒ my GGL membership.. doesnít exactly sound inspirational 🤨😟
Old Jul 24, 19, 12:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I remember thinking the same. In fact, I thought I'd posted something similar about the "held on" sentence but I can't find it. Very poor/strange wording.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:05 am

And also, the whole thing about reminding me that Tier Points expire each year. Firstly I've been a member for 20-ish years. I do know this, and as a Gold for Life, it's a slightly different situation anyway.

I also was irritated by the whole "100 years" thing - a bit of self congratulation for BA but nothing extra for us, the customers, other than a few words of gratitude. No extensions of membership despite them losing my data twice in one year, no one-off GUF2 or anything, which would be minimum cost, maximum benefit etc.

I don't know who wrote this new format letter but it's definitely a backward step from the old Hillier-grams
Old Jul 25, 19, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy View Post
My replacement CCR is embossed with the BA100 logo. Is that going across all membership cards do you think?
Yes I noticed this yesterday. The word GOLD isn't actually in gold any more and they've moved the GL crown in a way which doesn't really seem to be aligned properly. It looks a bit amateurish IMHO but maybe I am having a BA downer week this week !!

Old Aug 7, 19, 11:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Post in Facebook today, indicating that GGL are no longer allowed to book Cabanas at Heathrow unless travelling in First Class.
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post

Quite unimpressed by the wording on my GGL renewal letter this year... not only was it signed off by ďYour Executive Club TeamĒ rather than by a person but it says that Iíve ďheld on toĒ my GGL membership.. doesnít exactly sound inspirational 🤨😟
At least you guys get one..?
I just realized today that my ccr card expired in June and I haven't gotten any new cards. Lol
Neither ggl nor ccr..
Haha. I didn't get the first one without calling 3 times either
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:44 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Post in Facebook today, indicating that GGL are no longer allowed to book Cabanas at Heathrow unless travelling in First Class.
as I recall I think this has always been the official policy
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Lolbert View Post

as I recall I think this has always been the official policy
I've managed to book several times as a GGL member, so perhaps I've been lucky.
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Stena Gold
I've got a joker question-

am I able to use onet o open up space for 5 other people on my F&F list, so that they can pay with avios and a 2for1 voucher? I would not be planning to travel on the booking (one of them is silver, there rest have no status...)

Thanks

Search this Thread