Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Old Jun 29, 19, 8:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat View Post
So I guess Propeller would also need d as revenue class to book into? I only tried to book f with a joker so I habe no clue about the c classes..
Or is there a chance they can book this guf?
There must be D class availability for the 'Joker' irrespective of where you book the flight.
Old Jun 29, 19, 9:20 am

When I look in my app as GGL, it says I need X points to renew GGL but no mention of needing 4 BA qualifying flights. Is this still a requirement or not?

What happens if I (hypothetically) achieve 3000 TPs which are good for renewal but have taken no BA qualifying flights?
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
When I look in my app as GGL, it says I need X points to renew GGL but no mention of needing 4 BA qualifying flights. Is this still a requirement or not?

What happens if I (hypothetically) achieve 3000 TPs which are good for renewal but have taken no BA qualifying flights?
In order to achieve Gold you must fly your 4 qualifying flights, if you do not achieve Gold you cannot be on the Gold Guest List.
Old Jun 29, 19, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post

In order to achieve Gold you must fly your 4 qualifying flights, if you do not achieve Gold you cannot be on the Gold Guest List.
What about the nuanced case of Gold For Life where there's no need for qualifying flights?
Old Jun 29, 19, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
What about the nuanced case of Gold For Life where there's no need for qualifying flights?
Good question, the T&Cs are silent on that. In those particular circumstances the member would already be BAEC Gold so therefor I’d expect that member would be added to the Guest List when they hit 3000/5000 TPs.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Jun 29, 19 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 29, 19, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post

Good question, the T&Cs are silent on that. In those particular circumstances the member would already be BAEC Gold so therefor Id expect that member would be added to the Guest List when they hit 3000/5000 TPs.
Perhaps carrotjuice is Gold For Life which might explain why there's no mention of the requirements for the qualifying flights?
Old Jun 29, 19, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
There must be D class availability for the 'Joker' irrespective of where you book the flight.
Well ma question is. I know for f you have to have a fare available. Which fare for club? A ta does not need a joker if it can book him in revenue class. That's my point?
Old Jun 29, 19, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat View Post
Well ma question is. I know for f you have to have a fare available. Which fare for club? A ta does not need a joker if it can book him in revenue class. That's my point?
all set out in the GUF guide which is linked to in to forum dashboard.
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 29, 19, 10:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life

Good question, the T&Cs are silent on that. In those particular circumstances the member would already be BAEC Gold so therefor Id expect that member would be added to the Guest List when they hit 3000/5000 TPs.
I am Gold for Life and my app shows that I need 4 flights to get back to GGL.
Old Jun 30, 19, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Oh well, it was a nice theory. I'd have had to wait until next year to test it out.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 30, 19, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Or if we want to find further edge cases, Gold via a GGL nomination, 5,000+ TP, no BA flights.
Old Jun 30, 19, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
I suspect that is a gremlin in the system, GGL is not a 'tier' of the BAEC but a perk of being Gold - just like the GUFs. You cannot be added to the GGL unless you are already Gold.

As this scenario is not explicitly covered by the T&Cs, we can only guess. It would be interesting to know what a regular (non-GGL) Gold for Life member sees once their TPs are wiped out at the end of the Membership Year.
Old Jul 1, 19, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
Are there problems with the GGL phone line? I've tried five times and it never makes it to the menu. Just got that jingle on repeat.
Old Jul 1, 19, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
Are there problems with the GGL phone line? I've tried five times and it never makes it to the menu. Just got that jingle on repeat.
there is no menu on the ggl line?
Old Jul 1, 19, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
I've seen reports that the GUF vouchers will now book into A/I regardless of Avios availability.

A very welcome update.

Search this Thread