Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
TP year ended on 8th... email arrived on the 12th - cards were there..
I remember having issues this year with my partner cards and being able to nominate so I spoke to the GGL Team and they said the partner cards are only processed once a week - so as my year ended over the weekend so I ended up waiting around 10 days for mine to appear on my account....
Old May 15, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
So I have finally qualified for GGL with 5310 TPs and, although not contacted by BA club, my online account shows I have 1xGG Redemption (Joker), and need another 590 points to obtain 2 more. I think I will receive 2 when my membership year comes round again (3 weeks), but am I not entitled to 2xjokers (as opposed to one) until then...the Wiki seems to suggest this?
Old May 15, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Wbeest
So I have finally qualified for GGL with 5310 TPs and, although not contacted by BA club, my online account shows I have 1xGG Redemption (Joker), and need another 590 points to obtain 2 more. I think I will receive 2 when my membership year comes round again (3 weeks), but am I not entitled to 2xjokers (as opposed to one) until then...the Wiki seems to suggest this?
...oops, thats 690 more TPs needed, not 590!
Old May 15, 2019, 1:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
"Gold Guest List Redemption (1)" means two jokers - isn't this clear for you?

Note the jokers are not shown online like GUF vouchers so you just need to keep a track of whether you have used them yourself.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
The 1 in "Gold Guest List Redemption (1)" refers to the first award of the jokers as opposed to "Gold Guest List Redemption (2)" which happens at 6,000 points. It's a bit confusing but it doesn't refer to the number of them. You actually have 2.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
"Gold Guest List Redemption (1)" means two jokers - isn't this clear for you?

Note the jokers are not shown online like GUF vouchers so you just need to keep a track of whether you have used them yourself.
...oh really...no that wasn't clear but is now thanks Karfa. BTW, It actually shows on my household account page.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:16 pm

Hi, I will make GGL for the first time in June, about 2-3 weeks before the end of my membership year (assuming Qatar continues to post TPs in a timely manner!).

I want to make use of one of the first set of Jokers that I will have for that 2 weeks for a trip at xmas.
One way: London to Perth (LHR-KUL with BA and the KUL-PER with MH)

I believe I can do this by:
A: Booking LHR-KUL with BA on avios or GUF1 with joker and KUL - PER separately direct with airline. I would probably add a 24hour stop to make the connection safer though, which is not preferred.
B: a cash booking for the whole itinerary in WT or WTP and the LHR-KUL is upgraded using the GUF1.

Is it possible to:
C: A full avios booking on BA and then partner airline with the joker used on the BA segment and assuming avios availability on the partner flight (currently ok for KUL/PER)

Thanks in advance!

A few notes:
It could be KUL or SIN, doesn't really matter.
If I did a cash booking, I would book open jaw LHR-PER / KUL-LHR so no issues about expensive one way fares or wasting half a GUF1.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by want2goeverywhere
Is it possible to:
C: A full avios booking on BA and then partner airline with the joker used on the BA segment and assuming avios availability on the partner flight (currently ok for KUL/PER)
Yes.
want2goeverywhere likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
My replacement CCR is embossed with the BA100 logo. Is that going across all membership cards do you think?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy
My replacement CCR is embossed with the BA100 logo. Is that going across all membership cards do you think?
Mine also (just issued)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Ref:

”GGL renewal

If you reach at least 3,000 TP, your GGL status will renew, and you'll receive a new set of GGL cards, two silver & one gold nominations, 2 fresh jokers with any remaining jokers from the previous year expiring.

If you reach 5,000 TP, you'll also receive a new CCR card.”

I have a question regarding the above from the GGL guide.

I have 2.5k TPs and one GGL joker left. My membership year starts in February.

I will hit 3,000 TPs next week.

I just spoke to BA to check how many redemptions I have left and was told I will not get 2 new GGL Jokers when I hit 3,000 TPs.

Were they wrong? I thought I would get 2 new ones on re-qualifying (also wiping out any previously unused ones), or have I got this wrong / have they changed the programme?

I wanted to book a flight for next week but won’t do it if I’m going to use up all my vouchers until next Feb! Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by SuperstarDJ
Ref:

”GGL renewal

If you reach at least 3,000 TP, your GGL status will renew, and you'll receive a new set of GGL cards, two silver & one gold nominations, 2 fresh jokers with any remaining jokers from the previous year expiring.

If you reach 5,000 TP, you'll also receive a new CCR card.”

I have a question regarding the above from the GGL guide.

I have 2.5k TPs and one GGL joker left. My membership year starts in February.

I will hit 3,000 TPs next week.

I just spoke to BA to check how many redemptions I have left and was told I will not get 2 new GGL Jokers when I hit 3,000 TPs.

Were they wrong? I thought I would get 2 new ones on re-qualifying (also wiping out any previously unused ones), or have I got this wrong / have they changed the programme?

I wanted to book a flight for next week but won’t do it if I’m going to use up all my vouchers until next Feb! Thanks
Unfortunately you will not get them when you hit 3000 but when your next year starts.
3000 will qualify you again. And then when the next year starts you get the new jokers and the cards.
SuperstarDJ likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Unfortunately you will not get them when you hit 3000 but when your next year starts.
3000 will qualify you again. And then when the next year starts you get the new jokers and the cards.
Thanks.

Oddly it also says on my account that my next benefit will be a GGL redemption!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by SuperstarDJ

Thanks.

Oddly it also says on my account that my next benefit will be a GGL redemption!
That's odd. If you're sub 3k TPs it should say "GGL Renewal".
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
My new CCR card also has the 100 years logo - and I had to produce it to get into the CCR on Tuesday. I chatted with the lady at the desk who assured me that 'absolutely nobody' was getting in there without showing the card (or, presumably, a first class boarding card). This still seems variable. Does anyone know what the story is here? I have absolutely no objection to producing the card when asked but I am a little confused by the inconsistency.
Dicksbits likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.