Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA2276 - LAS-LGW - jinxed flight number?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
BA2276 - LAS-LGW 4 hour delay - jinxed flight number?

We've just been offloaded at LAS, a couple of nervous flyers has snowballed into the plane being emptied for a cabin security check. It's now going to be a four hour plus delay.
I'm still determined to finish the ticket getting back to Dublin!

Last edited by rareair; Jan 14, 2016 at 8:11 pm Reason: More informative title
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:27 pm

Nervous about what?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Hard to know for sure. The incoming was 2 hours late due to a "technical problem which was fixed at Gatwick".

I'm speculating that someone in Y found this concerning. Once they had decided to offload there was a check to reconcile hand baggage with its owners and this appears to be where the problem started with another 5 or so deciding not to fly.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Standard procedure when someone gets offloaded / offloads themselves. Well, at least checking bags in the area where they were seated. When quite a few offload themselves at the same time, it's a bit more suspicious and therefore it makes sense to empty the whole plane (or cabin).
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
Originally Posted by chucko
Nervous about what?
Probably wondering whether both engines would still be in one piece when it rotated
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:23 pm

BA2276 - LAS-LGW - jinxed flight number?

So the flight was supposed to land at 09:45 but did not get in until app 14:47 due to "various shenanigans" to quote the pilot. Any ideas on compensation ?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I missed my connection home ex-DUB last week because of 'various shenanigans' on the AA flight JFK/LHR.
No, it wasn't me. But this is the risk with ex-EU. Are you going to miss your flight back from DUB too? I'm in the lounge at OSL starting another trip so I'm not put off! Hope you were lucky in Vegas anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

All worked out well in the end thanks JamieABZ!
So we got to Gatwick, went to flight connections, they had booked us on the EI from Gatwick, but this didn't suit for various reasons (mainly didn't want to take lots of checked luggage to DUB and was getting picked up from LGW to drop the bags home before flying out from LHR)
Flight connections changed the ticket onto the late LCY-DUB which was very nice of her. Currently at the Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport, fly back to Heathrow at Lunchtime.

The thought of eu261 crossed my mind but I think it would be a tough one to prove.
The first two hours of delay were maintenance issues so do qualify.
The argument about the remaining 3:17 would be how much of this was passenger action (I view as extraordinary and so not qualifying) and how much was within BA's control (the baggage offloading and reloading was very slow and there were further delays whilst the flight plan was altered). I'm also of the opinion that we probably went into "discretionary" time and so am greatful that we did get back at all, although I did joke that if we were bussed to The Orleans (as happened post the engine Incident) it would probably be late enough for the after midnight $1 ten pin bowling there!
Vegas was great thanks, won enough to pay for the hotel and enough shopping to use the whole customs allowance. When are you in Malta?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:47 am

We got split up on the LHR/DUB leg, not happy, especially my mate. He was almost in tears, bless. He had to slum it on EI and they left me on BA later in the day. Frustrating but nothing we could do, I stood by for EI but that didn't happen and had to trudge over to T5 from T2.
Malta is next Friday - That'll be my first flight as a Gold! What happens? Brass band, streamers, water salute? Can't wait. Lol.
Feel free to come over, BLHD has lured me with the promise of 1 Euro beers! He may get punched if he's lied.
Well, the trials of an ex-EU or whatever you call an ex-OSL - our own fault (as the rude ignorant man at AA flight connections told me on Monday!).
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:39 am
Original Poster

I'm in Malta Monday 1st Feb til Thursday the 4th so I suspect we might be flying in as you leave!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:58 pm

Dang, that's a shame, could have been a riot! Come to the Jersey do, just had a message from an infamous partier on here asking if I'm going. That will definitely be fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.