New Gold member joins the club

Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
New Gold member joins the club

After a TP run to Hawaii (reviewed in a previous post) & Jersey, a few trips home to Dublin and a weekend away in Marrakech last weekend, my BAEC was updated today to Gold for the first time! My membership year started on the 8th November and I now have Gold until December 2017

Having being silver for a number of years, I am looking forward to experiencing the First Class lounges. I have no expectation of an enhanced service so anything extra that I do get will be a bonus and a pleasant surprise.

Thank you to everyone at Flyertalk for all your advice and support. Without it, I would have remained silver (or even lower) for the foreseeable future, especially with the recent tier point changes. The run to Hawaii was a highlight and I have met some great people along the way (who would have thought half the cabin in First to Hawaii would be TP runners!) Thank you again and I will try and share my limited knowledge on this forum which others may find useful and perhaps see you in the Flounge sometime!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Well done walmon1977, and good timing, 2 whole years of Gold can't be bad.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by headingwest
Well done walmon1977, and good timing, 2 whole years of Gold can't be bad.
Not until the thirst for GGL and CCR starts...
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by walmon1977
After a TP run to Hawaii (reviewed in a previous post) & Jersey, a few trips home to Dublin and a weekend away in Marrakech last weekend, my BAEC was updated today to Gold for the first time! My membership year started on the 8th November and I now have Gold until December 2017

Having being silver for a number of years, I am looking forward to experiencing the First Class lounges. I have no expectation of an enhanced service so anything extra that I do get will be a bonus and a pleasant surprise.

Thank you to everyone at Flyertalk for all your advice and support. Without it, I would have remained silver (or even lower) for the foreseeable future, especially with the recent tier point changes. The run to Hawaii was a highlight and I have met some great people along the way (who would have thought half the cabin in First to Hawaii would be TP runners!) Thank you again and I will try and share my limited knowledge on this forum which others may find useful and perhaps see you in the Flounge sometime!
Welcome to the 3rd most exclusive club in BA ! It is a nice step up from silver, some of my favourite things are:

1. Extra economy availability for avios redemptions- really useful for those last minute unexpected bookings needed for short flights.
2. Gold priority reward- brilliant if you have a stash of avios to burn.
3. Row 1 CE or domestic without having to worry about being on the computer/app at T-72hrs.
4. 1A on the 747.
5. GF can be busy but is usually noticeably quieter than GC, and the food is perfectly decent. Current fav. here is the thai curry!

Lastly, I feel obliged to recommend that you steer clear of the terrace area, especially the corner sofa that looks out onto the threshold of 9R, it really is nowhere near as nice as it sounds......
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I join the club next week too! Just completed my HNL trip and have to go to IAH on business tomorrow. I'm going via OSL and MIA (direct IAH flight was full) so just enough to get me the TP's required. Not bad for 6 weeks into my membership year too.
I was really surprised to get a cheap Business Class deal a few days prior to departure from OSL too.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Congratulations. Hope you get to enjoy it!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm going to bump this instead of creating a new thread. Also just hit gold thanks to the help from FT
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The run to Hawaii was a highlight and I have met some great people along the way (who would have thought half the cabin in First to Hawaii would be TP runners!)
Yes, who would have thought? I offer my congratulations to you walmon1977, I hope that flying will be that much more enjoyable with the new gilt edge.

Originally Posted by Swibbz
I'm going to bump this instead of creating a new thread. Also just hit gold thanks to the help from FT
Which is good since I can also congratulate two for not the price of one. Welcome to Gold Swibbz, may the Flounge be ever with you.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I add my humble welcome to our new Gold Club members, and envy those who achieve it so early in their membership year!

I shall renew Gold later this morning (it is now 0420, Pacific Time, I think) somwhere between HNL and LAX but with a membership year ending in May. Gosh, Gold again! Who would have thought it possible? As walmon1972 said ... Thank you FT
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
who would have thought half the cabin in First to Hawaii would be TP runners
There has been some discussion about this on the AA forum - we're preventing the locals getting upgrades to F!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
im going to have to join the club i think, this year will finish on 8th march with a lowly 450 (my work ET flights are worthless now), so once march 9th hits, i think a HNL trip will have to take place
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:00 am

The very nice lady in the lounge at LAX said to me "Hey! You're one of those Dublin Fares guys! Did you go to Lulu's?" We are famous - or infamous.
Can't wait to go back actually - but I shall abstain until my next year starts.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hehe, it is amusing how some of the agents look at you when you're on one of those tickets to HNL. The funniest thing that happened to me was trying to explain to HNL Baggage Service where to send my missing bag. She wanted so much to send it to Dublin, but I said that I'm only stopping at Dublin for the night and then moving on. HNL-PHX-JFK-LCY-MAD-DUB-MAD-VIE on 2 tickets, she was baffled!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:34 am

Snap! I had the same issue at JFK on Saturday. To complicate things I was flying home to ABZ from DUB via CDG - I know, just using up some old KL points. She didn't know if I was English, Scottish, Irish or French! By the time I got home neither did I!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
For my Hawaii run, I had the BA check in agent in DUB look at my schedule and say "that's a lot of flights" and the JFK immigration officer looking perplexed that I was spending only 2 hours in Hawaii before heading home

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.