Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:13 pm

Just to agree with Corporate-wage-slave and bafan, I don't think that's raw. Sometimes cooked chicken, especially overcooked chicken, can take on a pinkish hue even though it is most certainly cooked!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:31 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by camdentown
Rather disappointed by the offerings of lunch today (13:00) at T5 Galleries First.

A *very* small selection of salad , no other starters, although there are some sort-of-tapas (like hummus and little bits of tortilla).
Mains are 2 types of meat gloop, some chicken wings, and smoked fish arancini. Tried the arancini - almost 100% rice - with a "perfume of
smoked fish" LOL. Parmentier potatoes, rice, jumbo carrot lumps and brocolli, penne pasta (allegedly in a sauce, but its barely noticeble).
No desserts. They have left over breakfast pastries on the counter, plus sandwiches (just the selection of 3 types - why is that???) and
cake and scones.
It seems as though they have aggregated all three meal times and serve them all at once and use components of each to substitute missing elements of others.

What do others think? Am I being over critical?

There are multiple flavours of kettle chips though and the white wine and bubbly is resonably cooled.
The staff are also managing well with clearing and service, but the lounge isn't that busy.
In October and Nov 2017, they had profiteroles and a mini version of the chocolate caramel dessert served in the CCR. The following week, in Dec, it's almost as though the Christmas decorations had to be offset by a significant cut to the lounge food offering- no desserts and bowls of slop. Last month's visit was disappointing too as the breakfast was luke warm. It's going downhill in my opinion and I no longer bother to factor in time at GF on my departure day.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bafan
I’ll be honest, that doesn’t look raw to me. But, as CWS says, it may be hard to tell from the pic.

If not raw, I suspect it’s just more likely to be cheap, processed chicken - which you might not be used to or expect in a ‘premium’ lounge...
Zooming in some of the pieces do look a little undercooked to me. In comparison I had the same dish yesterday and checked the chicken carefully. Each piece was fairly flakey, whereas in the image above some of this did not suggest this texture throughout.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold

This is the artichoke risotto from the GF menu. It was very hot but was somewhat lacking in any real flavour.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Rather disappointed by the offerings of lunch today (13:00) at T5 Galleries First.

A *very* small selection of salad , no other starters, although there are some sort-of-tapas (like hummus and little bits of tortilla).
Mains are 2 types of meat gloop, some chicken wings, and smoked fish arancini. Tried the arancini - almost 100% rice - with a "perfume of
smoked fish" LOL. Parmentier potatoes, rice, jumbo carrot lumps and brocolli, penne pasta (allegedly in a sauce, but its barely noticeble).
Deleted secrtion

That sounds all very similar to what was on offer on February 28 when I went through - for a lot longer than scheduled while the mizzle got de-iced slowly.

The main dish was a kind of North African bean stew - vegetarian. It wasn't bad at all. But it was a mighty bizarre dish to serve to people who are about to spend several hours on a plane!!!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
OK - it wasn’t raw ...... my mistake..... having eaten chicken the whole of my life I have no idea what raw chicken looks or feels like.

Regards

aks120
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by aks120
OK - it wasn’t raw ...... my mistake..... having eaten chicken the whole of my life I have no idea what raw chicken looks or feels like.

Regards

aks120
aks120 and Kiara like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
OK Xenole - I admit it wasn’t THAT raw

aks120
LondonAndy likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
but at least those Chickens are fresh
John
aks120 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
There is Shropshire Blue available....I'd nick that before the JW Blue!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:19 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's disappointing when the BA First lounge offers various bowls of glop. Here's how I deal with it:

- Choose something (anything) else
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Mains are 2 types of meat gloop, some chicken wings, and smoked fish arancini.

I don't think it was two types of "meat gloop": there was Italian beef (I think of it as a variant chilli con carne or as a bolognese sauce for either the rice or the penne, although I'd personally rather have chilli con carne) and a Thai green vegetable curry. At 12 noon, there was also a dish of sausages, but they looked out of place and I thought they might have been excess from breakfast which wouldn't have been replenished when they were finished, so it may be that they were gone by 1 pm.

None of that was surprising to see on the hot buffet: it's all a pretty standard selection, and it was exactly what we needed given that we had precisely 10 minutes to get some lunch and yesterday we wanted something hot. We've always taken the view that if what's on the buffet isn't appealing and we have a little bit more time for some hot food, that's what the menu items are for, and there's usually something on the menu that's interesting enough. Of course, there are other days when the sandwiches / scones / tapas are more appealing because it happens to be one of those days.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Smid
Scottich Salmon?
That's fixed this week. Same menu otherwise.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Update with today's offerings:
Avoid the Burger , l was looking forward to it after flying in from Chicago, It was warm, not at all tasty and totally spoilt the Coke..as for the flipping amazing sauce, lm still looking for it, and the chips were twice cooked but im not sure what they were cooked in .....
hugolover and rossmacd like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by cunardqueen

Avoid the Burger , l was looking forward to it after flying in from Chicago, It was warm, not at all tasty and totally spoilt the Coke..as for the flipping amazing sauce, lm still looking for it, and the chips were twice cooked but im not sure what they were cooked in .....
I was disappointed with today's serving. Burger seemed excessively dribbly with fat, bacon was dried out and small, and very small portion of lukewarm, limp chips. Free, and worth every penny...
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.