Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 16, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
[QUOTE=crazy8534;26616576]The mozzarella and basil gnocchi is really excellent:

It's also on the CCR menu. OH had it yesterday and said it was very good. Good to know it's also an option in GF as CCR is an infrequent treat
Old May 16, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Had the pleasure of the mozzarella and basil gnocchi tonight. Was excellent. The shame is my gold runs out at the end of the month and this looks my only non-morning departure before then.

On the point above - the salad has definitely been reduced to the green leaves - the coleslaw has disappeared for example.

Additionally - only one 'dessert' remains (the Passion Fruit Tart) however I have noticed that the cake and flapjacks now remain well into the dinner session.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Same here. I'll have it once in a while but am honestly not a big fan despite having had it prepared by the best. Incidentally, it's been on quite a few of my A380 (soon RIP) tasting menus.
Exactly, and that's why I wasn't too upset when I heard the tasting Menu was on its way out!
Old May 26, 2016, 7:07 am

Beware the gnocchi!

Originally Posted by Jordan D
Had the pleasure of the mozzarella and basil gnocchi tonight. Was excellent.
I've just had a bowl of the gnocchi that has received rave reviews here. Not amazing IMHO but nice enough, BUT BEWARE...

...the mozzarella spurts everywhere! I made a right mess of the GF window with my first ball Tried to cut into the rest more carefully but they still wouldn't behave. Thankfully my shirt has been spared but that's by pure luck. A warning to you all...!
Old May 26, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I've just had a bowl of the gnocchi that has received rave reviews here. Not amazing IMHO but nice enough, BUT BEWARE...

...the mozzarella spurts everywhere! I made a right mess of the GF window with my first ball Tried to cut into the rest more carefully but they still wouldn't behave. Thankfully my shirt has been spared but that's by pure luck. A warning to you all...!
I had a similar problem when I sampled this dish in the CCR recently - oh dear, splatter everywhere!! By the final one, I'd mostly worked out how to execute an initial puncture that was splatter-free, but it really should come with a warning...!
Old May 26, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Yes I have to agree I was with my daughter on Friday in GF and she had the gnocchi and that splattered all over the table that said she did enjoy it.
John
Old May 26, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hehe - I just treated them like over-baked cherry tomatoes so had no splatter issues
Old May 26, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Hehe - I just treated them like over-baked cherry tomatoes so had no splatter issues
So, you just left them at the side of your plate then ?

Old May 26, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bafan
So, you just left them at the side of your plate then ?

Haha God no, love tomatoes
Old May 26, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'll be in Flounge 7AM-10AM next week. Now, do they serve ice cream at that hour! Don't judge - but I love their chocolate ice cream - this will be a transit stop coming in from JFK!
Old May 27, 2016, 3:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Acid
I'll be in Flounge 7AM-10AM next week. Now, do they serve ice cream at that hour! Don't judge - but I love their chocolate ice cream - this will be a transit stop coming in from JFK!
Normally it's not available at that hour, and I think they just have vanilla at the moment, though it's a very good quality product. I suggest you turn on the charm, particularly if you see the Polish supervisor around. She may indulge you. [You could try "the guy with the black coffee mug in CCR told me to do this", it may work!]
Old May 27, 2016, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think they just have vanilla at the moment
They had both chocolate and vanilla yesterday. Goes very well with the passion fruit tart.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
thanks - i'll ask for sure and report the result ....
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New First lounge menu for T5 and T3, I'll update post 1 in the next day or two.

Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
First day back at Silver ... but one last visit and breakfast on Tues 31 May in Galleries First - is the presentation (in a skillet with cherry tomatoes) and shredded ham for the Eggs Benedict on Sourdough new?

Was excellent. Need to find some folk to guest me in on a Monday morning - after 18mths at gold, back to heading upstairs and the dry rolls for breakfast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.