Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jun 13, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Odd that they’ve moved one of the hot options to thr salad area at the side and moved some of the salad next to the hot station. I found that a bit annoying as I didn’t see the beef massaman until too late when I was in there yesterday!
Old Jun 13, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
If I am departing from B or C gates I will skip F lounge and go to T5B lounge. It often has more and better food options. I just wish BA would stop hiding the gate information until right before boarding time.
Totally agree, on my way out to Bologna on Tuesday I got away with it as Flight actually left from the B Gates.

This Afternoon my EDI flight is departing from the main drag so will have to make my way back shortly.

Strange how they have a server in B Lounge for certain items ?
Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
If I am departing from B or C gates I will skip F lounge and go to T5B lounge. It often has more and better food options. I just wish BA would stop hiding the gate information until right before boarding time.
I normally just keep an eye on FlightAware for that info as they tend to update more quickly than BA. Last time I did that, I went to the gate and no-one was there as BA hadn't announced, 45 mins before departure. That was the flight where boarding was chaos as they allowed groups 4 and upwards to queue and then let everyone onto the first bus at the same time. No group separation at all.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
They had those pies at T5B last night with the Massaman. I wasn't sure about the pies, so I didn't try one, but I thought the Massaman was excellent.
AviationMoose likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by chriswiles
I normally just keep an eye on FlightAware for that info as they tend to update more quickly than BA. Last time I did that, I went to the gate and no-one was there as BA hadn't announced, 45 mins before departure. That was the flight where boarding was chaos as they allowed groups 4 and upwards to queue and then let everyone onto the first bus at the same time. No group separation at all.
Know that there are a couple of gates at T5B that don't have jetways. I got caught by that a couple of times and had to hoof it back to A10. It was still worth the visit though.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC
The lemon and herb chicken wings are delicious. Maybe just personal taste but this month’s offering seems a step up from what I’ve seen recently.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by greg5
They had those pies at T5B last night with the Massaman. I wasn't sure about the pies, so I didn't try one, but I thought the Massaman was excellent.
Yup, really is. Yet to have a bad curry on/in anything BA to be honest. But that one was really moreish. May have had not just one portion.

Also, have to say bravo on the rice. Industrial quantities of cooked rice I find you so often get clumps and lumps, whether it's cooked fresh or microwaved or brought it or whatever. Perfect in this case; fluffy and individual grains. So however they're doing it, nice.
greg5 and pmcbeagle like this.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
The Potato Gratin does look nice, but as always my question is what is it meant to go with? It's a weird collection of foodstuffs which don't really go together. I've been in the LGW Flounge a few times over recent weeks and the offering there is so much better, including a menu that you can order stuff from and staff who are personable and clearly enjoy their jobs. The equivalent lounge at JFK is light years ahead. Why can't LHR be the same?

Originally Posted by pmcbeagle
Some good new offerings in the Flounge this afternoon.

Cod - pretty good
Potato Gratin - really nice
Ham Hock & Pea tart - basically a squashed pie - tastes better than it looks
plus Chicken wings, Veggie Stew and Beef Massaman at the 'halfway station'

Old Jun 16, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Massaman curry and the chicken were excellent. Thank you for the tip — stuffed!
Old Jun 20, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex
Breakfast service enhancement this morning, row of priority pass lounge style hot stainless steel dishes with hinged lids off to the left. Bacon, sausage, black pudding and scrambled egg plus tired muffins.

Old Jun 20, 2024, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Not sure if its a permanent change but yesterday in the F lounge (T5) it seems the slection of cheeses has been enhanced away and now there are only slices of cheddar alongside slices of ham (and this was around 1pm when there used to be 4 or 5 choices of cheeses, Stilton etc) - along side this there seems to be no chutney.

Also, the mini-pretzels which were normally found by the bar on the entrance to the lounge from the F-Wing seem to have gone and replaced by a large jar of olives.

Finally, not that I eat them, but there seemed to be a lack of crips - many times the supply had gone (ie none on display) and it seems that the lounge is still having issues ordering the cheese version (yellow packs) and have too many red packs (chilli) which are less popular
Old Jun 20, 2024, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Not sure if its a permanent change but yesterday in the F lounge (T5) it seems the slection of cheeses has been enhanced away and now there are only slices of cheddar alongside slices of ham (and this was around 1pm when there used to be 4 or 5 choices of cheeses, Stilton etc) - along side this there seems to be no chutney.

Also, the mini-pretzels which were normally found by the bar on the entrance to the lounge from the F-Wing seem to have gone and replaced by a large jar of olives.

Finally, not that I eat them, but there seemed to be a lack of crips - many times the supply had gone (ie none on display) and it seems that the lounge is still having issues ordering the cheese version (yellow packs) and have too many red packs (chilli) which are less popular
I suspect it is a stock issue, I have noticed on a few visits in recent months the complete absence of crisps and a decimated cheese board.
Old Jun 21, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Massaman curry and the chicken were excellent. Thank you for the tip — stuffed!
Hopefully that is still around next week!
Old Jun 22, 2024, 10:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
In here at the moment, and credit where credit is due, the afternoon/ evening offering is significantly better than it has been for the last couple of years relative to my needs.

I cannot eat gluten and I generally avoid carbs, which for 2 years+ has left me with carrot salad and whatever chunks of chicken I can get out of the bland curry. Much better today:
  • The chicken wings which were around for a month are now back. I end up needing to eat quite a few to get any meaningful amount of protein, but they're reasonably tasty
  • The white fish from a few months ago is also back and is perfectly decent
  • There's an "African Chicken Curry" which is essentially a reasonably nice Japanese curry. Far better than the "dishwater baltis" that the curries have been on the ground for years. There's even the slighest hint of spice, something usually inconceivable for BA
Of course it could always be better and the offering is still a shadow of what it has been at different times in GF's past, but at least now I can get a simple meal which is something I've not been able to do since around 2020.
timlewis808 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 4:23 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
There’s a Pimm’s summer setup at the moment (for those interested). Unfortunately, right after I snapped this pic, a woman walked up, took a few strawberries with her hands, ate them, and deposited the waste on the display. They have tongs. Sigh…. I almost threw my Screwdriver on her.

The American pancake / waffle station smells great (I didn’t partake).

Pimm’s Station.

American breakfast

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.