Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flashware
Black pudding gone?
Outrageous !!
bafan and ENTP like this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Black pudding gone?
Originally Posted by Butts
Outrageous !!
LOL...Reminds of the first time I had tried it.

I'm from the school of thought where I'd try anything once. Anyway, during a buffet, as I usually do, I gather a little bit of everything; you know, usual eggs, bacon/sausages/ham, beans (ok, this seemed like a really strange thing for breakfast), and what I thought were mini sausage patties. I had no idea what that black patty was but I really liked it! It wasn't until later when someone actually explained to me what it really was!

Had I known before, I may have never tried it, but glad I did! So, now I'm with you guys. No black pudding? Outrageous, indeed!
ENTP and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by dca100
Sadly the mushrooms seem to have gone completely.
I definitely had mushrooms from the buffet for breakfast last week!
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by xenole
I've still no idea why the coffee area near the middle toilets is still manned, yet the main area is free for all. It's not as the machines are different and produce baristta drinks.
It seems to be the only place you can get a prestigious teapot.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Outrageous !!
Haha, I had forgotten about the black pudding, definitely missing it.

Now that we are back to ‘normal service’, I hope we start to see the menu return to the pre-pandemic selection, including eggs Benedict and the BA Burger! I suspect it will remain a hope…
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Haha, I had forgotten about the black pudding, definitely missing it.

Now that we are back to ‘normal service’, I hope we start to see the menu return to the pre-pandemic selection, including eggs Benedict and the BA Burger! I suspect it will remain a hope…
I seem to remember someone saying they had "enhanced" the BP away due to it drying up too quickly under the lamps.

If that's the case they may as well remove the whole lot as moisture is a characteristic lacking in 95% of the fayre on offer !!
Old Feb 18, 2023, 3:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I seem to remember someone saying they had "enhanced" the BP away due to it drying up too quickly under the lamps.

If that's the case they may as well remove the whole lot as moisture is a characteristic lacking in 95% of the fayre on offer !!
Just mix whatever in with the chicken curry offering which is usually fully liquid.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Just mix whatever in with the chicken curry offering which is usually fully liquid.
LOL...I don't mean to butcher British cuisine here, but, far as I'm concerned, just pour some of the hot pie gravy over it? Actually, that sounds like a pretty good combination, at least to me.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by danmushman
yep wasn't there yesterday 
I was there in the early morning of 9 February and there was plenty of Lanson rosé on the Gold Bar.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:03 am

Contrast bias or is GF offering worse?

Back from a trip that included CX First lounge in T3 and Finnair Platinum Wing visits and ended with a stop in Galleries First. Apart from the lounge being busy (despite the crowd guide on screens throughout the airport) the food to order consisted of two curries and nil else. The buffet was fine but not discernibly any different from the main Galleries lounge we visited at the other end of the A gates. In fact there was a bigger range of cakes in the business lounge thank GF (albeit heaving with nowhere to sit). Appreciating GF is not CX First or Finnair Platinum it did feel like things had taken a step backwards since our last visits late last year. It felt they were making a real effort with some interesting food to order (including desserts etc) but felt like a big backward step. It was also roasting - which doesn't help with the mood generally - and half term (although not many kids apart from ours) so maybe just an off day? Are they understaffed?

Huge contrast with GLA where we had the hot breakfast options, great service as ever and general tranquillity
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by DocS
Back from a trip that included CX First lounge in T3 and Finnair Platinum Wing visits and ended with a stop in Galleries First. Apart from the lounge being busy (despite the crowd guide on screens throughout the airport) the food to order consisted of two curries and nil else. The buffet was fine but not discernibly any different from the main Galleries lounge we visited at the other end of the A gates. In fact there was a bigger range of cakes in the business lounge thank GF (albeit heaving with nowhere to sit). Appreciating GF is not CX First or Finnair Platinum it did feel like things had taken a step backwards since our last visits late last year. It felt they were making a real effort with some interesting food to order (including desserts etc) but felt like a big backward step. It was also roasting - which doesn't help with the mood generally - and half term (although not many kids apart from ours) so maybe just an off day? Are they understaffed?

Huge contrast with GLA where we had the hot breakfast options, great service as ever and general tranquillity
Should have read upthread before posting - seems many noticing the same...
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Genius1
I was there in the early morning of 9 February and there was plenty of Lanson rosé on the Gold Bar.
I visited Saturday 18th and no Lanson Extra Age sadly.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 2:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FT Special Award goes to T5 Galleries First for “let’s stick some promotional vinyls on the fridge doors, so no-one can clearly see what’s inside anymore”

r2d2, MaxFlyer, Sealink and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FT Special Award goes to T5 Galleries First for “let’s stick some promotional vinyls on the fridge doors, so no-one can clearly see what’s inside anymore”

Looks as though they are converting bar fridge into a pool. Fantastic idea!😂
Old Mar 4, 2023, 4:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what "Let your holiday come to you" even means? That you shouldn't bother going away on BA for a holiday and do it at home instead?
Sealink, blurt91, Calchas and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.