Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by victairinternational
In F lounge now. Has the BA burger gone? Now only have salad wedge and sweet potato curry on the order menu. Everything else is buffet…
The burger hasn't been on the menu in Galleries First in LHR T5 (or T3) for some time - at least pre-pandemic. They have had a 'build your own' burger at times on the buffet, which even the very thought of gives me nightmares.
EuropeanPete, seat1C and babyg_wc like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Genius1
The burger hasn't been on the menu in Galleries First in LHR T5 (or T3) for some time - at least pre-pandemic.
Which is odd considering they have it at the LGW lounge….
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Donsyb
I would imagine it might be somewhat related to the far larger number of lounge patrons in LHR than LGW, but I certainly can't support that theory...

BA seems to be completely comfortable with the stunningly poor showing in T5 GF LHR...

Regards
Old Dec 25, 2022, 12:40 am

They also have JW Blue at LGW F lounge, which does not appear at LHR these days either.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Does anyone know if the First Dining Room at LHR T3 Galleries First Lounge is open to GGL members? Also, do they serve LPGS? I will be flying CX so imagine I will spend most of my time at the CX First Lounge, but a few glasses of LPGS never did anyone any harm

Best wishes for 2023 to you all.

Last edited by Anfield; Jan 1, 2023 at 4:54 am
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Anfield
Does anyone know if the First Dining Room at LHR T3 Galleries First Lounge is open to GGL members?
To answer the first part of my own question I read on the GGL beginner's guide thread that GGLs do indeed have access to all Concorde Rooms and Dining Rooms when travelling on any OneWorld carrier.

The LPGS question still stands though.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if the First Dining Room at LHR T3 Galleries First Lounge is open to GGL members? Also, do they serve LPGS? I will be flying CX so imagine I will spend most of my time at the CX First Lounge, but a few glasses of LPGS never did anyone any harm

Best wishes for 2023 to you all.
There isn't a First dinning room. Just a first lounge. Also, not LPGS, thats not a F champagne, thats a CCR one.

Remember in T5, the home of BA, F lounges are Gold status lounges and CCR is the real F lounge, sadly T3 is too small and you just get a F one for F/GGL and for Gold.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:48 am

Gatwick is different catering isn't it? also they sometimes (by accident) serve LPGS in LGW F.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Gatwick is different catering isn't it? also they sometimes (by accident) serve LPGS in LGW F.
I hope to be luck enough to experience this one day. Maybe if they start NCL-LGW
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There isn't a First dinning room. Just a first lounge. Also, not LPGS, thats not a F champagne, thats a CCR one.
Technically there is still a First Dining Room inside the T3 Galleries First lounge, but as BA don't currently have any routes with First departing from T3, it's not in use as such and is open to all passengers in the lounge.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 12:52 pm

Thank you for your replies PGberkshire and Genius1.

So the fact there are currently no BA First pax departing from T3 is the reason the First Dining Room experience is suspended and the area is open to all in the lounge now. It makes sense.

I suspect that if/when BA First flights resume from T3 and the lounge reverts back to its previous incarnation, F pax/GGL will be offered better bubbles. I'm unlikely to find out for a long time though as I don't see myself getting another great deal in J on CX anytime soon.

Last edited by Anfield; Jan 1, 2023 at 2:10 pm
Old Jan 1, 2023, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the fact there are currently no BA First pax departing from T3 is the reason the First Dining Room is suspended and open to all now. It makes sense now.
Yes, and even when BA did operate routes with First from T3, the First Dining Room was only dedicated to First (with a separate menu similar to the T5 CCR) from 20:00 for the evening flights.

GGLs can use the T5 Concorde Room, T5 Galleries Arrivals Concorde Breakfast Room (when arriving on a longhaul flight) and JFK Chelsea lounge. They cannot use First Dining (BOS, EWR, IAD, JNB, ORD, PHL, SFO) or the First Bar (DXB, SIN) unless departing in First.
Anfield, Tobias-UK and dca100 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Yes, and even when BA did operate routes with First from T3, the First Dining Room was only dedicated to First (with a separate menu similar to the T5 CCR) from 20:00 for the evening flights.

GGLs can use the T5 Concorde Room, T5 Galleries Arrivals Concorde Breakfast Room (when arriving on a longhaul flight) and JFK Chelsea lounge. They cannot use First Dining (BOS, EWR, IAD, JNB, ORD, PHL, SFO) or the First Bar (DXB, SIN) unless departing in First.
Didn't that change?
https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/0...unge-benefits/
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No the change was that GGL / Gold / Silver can use Club World Pre-Flight Dining where it exists (BOS, EWR, IAD, ORD, PHL) when travelling in WTP or WT, but not First Dining or First Bars.
dca100 and KARFA like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Is anyone able to post the Jan menu for the first lounge...also what is on the buffet. Trying to decide my eating strategy for a trip next week with friends. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.