Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

What I noticed that seems to be enhanced away (again - difficult to judge since I arrived during the switch from Breakfast to Lunch) = the smooties bar was gone too - it is not just 3 large jars of flavoured water.

Cheers!
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Double post.

Last edited by nldogbert; Dec 4, 2022 at 1:55 pm Reason: Double Post
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:17 am

No option to remove the kcal from the menu?
tomparskate and Donsyb like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:49 pm

1 coffee machine working. Queued longer for coffee than security.

Cold sausages and bacon. Probably contributed to by the wait for the coffee.

What I am amazed by is the acceptance of this standard by 95% of the people here. When the single coffee machine situation was pointed out to staff there was no sense of 'sorry', just being told to use the one round the corner. I've been spoiled by most of my GF experiences being at LGW.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by i_concur
<snip>What I am amazed by is the acceptance of this standard by 95% of the people here.
Completely agree. There is a small (but vocal) contingent in this thread that love to use the "but the Concord Lounge is the F Lounge" argument. Here is my problem with that argument, British Airways themselves have named this lounge, "Galleries First Lounge" They named it not me. They literally call it "First Lounge."

Furthermore, I don't even care if you want to call it a first lounge or a OneWorld Emerald Lounge, it's one of the poorest showings of said lounge, at their core hub, of any of the large OneWorld carriers. It's really just astonishing when put up against Qantas/JAL/Cathay, etc.

The other common argument here is "well, it's the times of day you are visiting" which just strikes me as a hilarious defense. I mean, why yes, I do tend to visit airport lounges at the time of day that my flights arrive and depart, I mean, imagine that! And again, other lounges seem to be able to manage that.

We passed through again last week and it was just another sad, disappointing visit. Dirty, unbussed tables all over the dining area. A basically non-existent ala carte menu. Three rather poor quality (to my taste) red wine offerings ("old world" some will say, I have no problem at all with old world wines, but they need to actually be good).

Anyway, it is what it is and I accept it for what it is. But I'm not going to pretend it's great or make excuses for it. It's a very poor showing for a OneWorld Emerald Lounge at a major carriers fortress hub, full stop.

Regards

P.S. One of the biggest challenges for this lounge, is like so many lounges there are simply too many people eligible to get in, there is simply no denying that. One way to solve that problem would be to make a smooth, air side process to move easily between T5 <-> T3. Many here would choose a business class lounge in T3 over the "F lounge" in T5 everyday of the week...
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:22 am

Here today for first time in years. Have to say I’d forgotten how poor it was. What would it take to have proper coffee available, for instance?

Or to paint the utterly disgusting toilet doors?
seat1C and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by likethis
Or to paint the utterly disgusting toilet doors?
The toilets all need to be completely ripped out and re-done. No amount of paint will suffice. Almost 15 years of use and abuse.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
On every visit to this lounge I’ve noticed there is progressively less and less on offer.

Have even the muffins and crisps now been enhanced away? Or maybe the delivery is just late this week.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I asked the staff why the black pudding & tomatoes had been enhanced away. The answer: Too many travellers had complained they were drying out under the lights. He didn't think much of the suggestion to cook smaller batches or cover the dishes. Hey Ho!!
Grace B likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by i_concur
I've been spoiled by most of my GF experiences being at LGW.
^^^ exactly this, IMHO GF @ LGW is one of the most underrated BA lounges, quiet, great views, decent food offerings and you can even have Johnnie Walker Blue on your cornflakes if that's your thing. And the best bet is i can usually get from train to lounge much quicker (circa 10mins) than i can at T5 (circa 20mins).
Grace B, seat1C, cbyrne92 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Of course the best lounge at LHR T5 is the B lounge.

Currently here after abandoning the crowded, run- down A gates F Lounge. The (breakfast) food is essentially the same, its quiet, and I've never had to wait for a shower here (although I didn't try today)

Champagne is vile no matter the label, so thats not a factor.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Are burgers back in the F Lounge? I am there now and saw a member of BA staff carrying a burger (to a passenger I assume!). I could not see an option for the burger on the online menu and none being served? Are there “unofficial” options you can request and if so what is available (are the Eggs Benedict back?)?
It's the pork loin roll on the QR menu. Very dry, nothing special.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Some of the à la carte items from June and July:

Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some of the à la carte items from September:

crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:38 am

In F lounge now. Has the BA burger gone? Now only have salad wedge and sweet potato curry on the order menu. Everything else is buffet…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.