Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You have a PM.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tomparskate
Has anyone got the current lounge password for the order from the app? Want to see how bad things are
Would you be so kind to post some screenshots of the current menu?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
Sorry, but those are just excuses. If BA wanted to provide a F Lounge, at their hub, that was worthy of the title they absolutely could do so (and in fact, they used to do so)

Regards
They do, its called the CCR
EDIwanderer and Gallus1 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I've just started to monitor the lounge menu for various BA lounges with a bunch of scripts and it alerted me of these changes for the LHR T5 First lounge:
Bagel wedge salad (V)- 352 kcal
Gem lettuce with bacon flavour bits, crispy onions & blue cheese dressing

Lemon & herb chicken thigh- 532 kcal
Served on a flatbread with naked slaw

Vegetable Rogan Josh (V )- 192 kcal
Served with basmati rice

Kids lunch
Kids - Heinz tomato soup & buttered bread (V) - 342 kcal
At this point I am not sure if it's really new or just part of the breakfast to lunch switchover.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I had to look up 'Rogan Josh' and I would like to tip my hat to the person who comes up with a different name for the curry every month.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by SxMan
But… Just look what can be done – this is the equivalent to the F lounge by Finnair in Helsinki:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/1...sinki-airport/
I was there last week just prior to my JAL flight to HND (around 3 pm).

I thought the food offerings were underwhelming and the liquor was all bartendered (some of it wasn't bad, but finding the bartender was difficult at times).

So, in my view, GF wins this comparison easily. Chacun ŕ son goűt.
GLA likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
See post below! Technology skills not good enough today...
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Everyone is different. I think the chicken flatbreads are really good and not dry at all as they are covered in sauce, the Thai red curry actually had plenty of meet in it and veg and the steak and ale pies while small were very nice. If my memory serves me right there was also so pasta dishes as well.
If anything I would say the food in the GF is now better than it has been for a very long time.
Fair enough - you like that dish.

My point is more that it is the only one out of three that has any meat in it at all - the other two are vegetarian. (The other dishes you refer to are from the awful buffet as opposed to the table service - most of which is cold or a pot full of slop). Why can't they bring back the Mac & Cheese, the Burger, the Spaghetti Arabiatta or things like that - and why is the place always untidy and the service so poor? That's before you even mention the state of the lavatories and the showers, the furniture, and the lack of power points. Also they take the drinks away from the balcony hours before the place closes and you have to walk to the other end of the lounge if you want to pour your own - so you either have to take your bags or risk them being stolen if you're travelling alone.

The place needs ripped apart and the offering totally overhauled - and someone to come in and retrain the staff.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
I was there last week just prior to my JAL flight to HND (around 3 pm).

I thought the food offerings were underwhelming and the liquor was all bartendered (some of it wasn't bad, but finding the bartender was difficult at times).

So, in my view, GF wins this comparison easily. Chacun ŕ son goűt.
I agree - the Platinum Lounge is great, but the food isn't great unless you are there when the table service offerings are available. The issue recently is that the Platinum Lounge isn't always open, so you end up in the Business Lounge - which is still nice. The volume of passengers with access is much, much lower than at LHR so they can offer a better lounge in a way - but then, how can Cathay offer such a good lounge in their hub or Qatar at theirs where the volumes are not that different to BA at LHR? At least they have clean toilets!
Grace B likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Steak and Ale Pie with mashed and roasted celeriac. However.... no cheese and biscuits! (Cheese replaced with ham - ham and biscuits isn't the same...).
cbyrne92, EDIwanderer and himang like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:46 am

Ordered from the online menu. Pastrami with a mustard mayo dressing on sourdough. This was delicious! They did not skimp on the pastrami, nice thick slices!
GLA, orbitmic, alex67500 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Me too. Such a poor experience in GF. I've decided to abandon any attempt at renewing BA Gold & will eventually drop to whatever. My stash of Avios will (as far as possible) be redeemed on other OW carriers until they're used up.
I have decided to do this too. I just do not see that BA is now worth making any effort to fly with them when there are so many better choices especially for LH.

I am off to Canada and the USA in a couple of weeks and so I decided to use up all my eVouchers and Avios. This will be my last BA LH flight unless BA is simply the better option to where I want to go... no more seeking out the cheaper BA flights just to maintain status. I am disappointed tbh... I enjoyed flying BA until covid but now it has gone downhill to the point where I consider it way over-priced.
NoY, casey89 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
What’s the current password? It was spooky last week but seems to be updated.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
What’s the current password? It was spooky last week but seems to be updated.
Is there a link to the online menu?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:18 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I have decided to do this too. I just do not see that BA is now worth making any effort to fly with them when there are so many better choices especially for LH.

I am off to Canada and the USA in a couple of weeks and so I decided to use up all my eVouchers and Avios. This will be my last BA LH flight unless BA is simply the better option to where I want to go... no more seeking out the cheaper BA flights just to maintain status. I am disappointed tbh... I enjoyed flying BA until covid but now it has gone downhill to the point where I consider it way over-priced.
Absolutely. Most of my flying is now to the Far East (and will continue to be) & apart from BA offering v v little in the way of routes, the alternative airline options are so superior it's almost laughable. I am not anti-BA (I have held a Gold Card & flown BA for many years) but I'm over it/flying them just to make status unless it absolutely makes sense to do so. It's a shame but it's the reality for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.