Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:55 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by petter2
For breakfast, the eggs Benedict are gone now. Instead the only option to order is scrambled eggs on toast. Freshly made from powder, they taste horrible! I can't believe how people are so desperate to get into this lounge that they do tier point runs..
Me too. Such a poor experience in GF. I've decided to abandon any attempt at renewing BA Gold & will eventually drop to whatever. My stash of Avios will (as far as possible) be redeemed on other OW carriers until they're used up.
thejohn likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by petter2
They have now also removed bottled water which was great when flying in economy. M.

I do wonder whether part of the reason for the removal was to stop pilfering? A lot of people used to carry the bottles away. It all adds up.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
The freezer with mini ice cream tubs has been removed as well.
in fairness – it is almost November. I think many would regard the ice cream “season “as over.
Calchas, crazy8534 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Yep, it's pretty bad. The GF F Lounge is the second or third best business class lounge at LHR
But… Just look what can be done – this is the equivalent to the F lounge by Finnair in Helsinki:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/1...sinki-airport/
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SxMan
But… Just look what can be done – this is the equivalent to the F lounge by Finnair in Helsinki:

Absolutely. Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
in fairness – it is almost November. I think many would regard the ice cream “season “as over.
Restaurants serve it year around not to mention shops.

Would be nice to have the choice ? - they were quite tasty.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
It's always summer somewhere in the world. Given the inadequate HVAC in T5, we experience summer temperatures all year round in GF.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Can anyone please let me know if the alcohol free bubbly is still available in GF?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Can anyone please let me know if the alcohol free bubbly is still available in GF?
They do

Buck's FizzChampagne & orange juiceChampagne Palmer & Co. Brut RéserveChampagne Lanson Extra Age RoséNoughty Sparkling Wine NV - Thomson & Scott - Spain100% de-alcoholised Chardonnay. Dry and crisply refreshing. Notes of apple crumble and honey.Kleine Zalze -Chenin Blanc 2019- South AfricaFresh and fruity but not sweet. Full flavored Chenin Blanc Lovely balance between acidity and buttery.Sauvignon Blanc 2018 - Grove Mill - New ZelandFruity but dry Sauvignon Blanc with notes of peach and apple.Domäne Wachau Grüner Veltliner 2017- AustriaSmoky aroma, golden delicious apple, dense fruit flavour in the palate with a good balanced of fruit and acidity.Lynx Petite Sirah ZinfandelA generous wine full of dark berries, herbs, vanilla and milk chocolate.Izadi - Rioja Crianza 2017 - SpainCherry notes on nose, good acidity, medium bodied. Quite a lot of tannins and some spice to finish.Simon Hackett - Hills View Shiraz 2017 - AustraliaSpiced plum & mulberry, little touches of leather & liquorice - smooth tannins and fair acidity supporting the overall structure.Warre's Colheita 2009 Port
cbyrne92 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

Oh, no doubt. I think many of us are well aware of what could be done. But it seems pretty clear BA isn't interested in making the investment to keep up with best in class. Sadly, its seem there are more reports of BA closing lounges these days (e.g. Chicago, etc.) than investing in them.

Regards
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold

Much smaller airport, much lower concentration of status passengers, really hard to compare the two.

If you want, I will send some pics on Monday
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Much smaller airport, much lower concentration of status passengers, really hard to compare the two.
Sorry, but those are just excuses. If BA wanted to provide a F Lounge, at their hub, that was worthy of the title they absolutely could do so (and in fact, they used to do so)

Regards
NoY, MaxFlyer, ermis177 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I'm serious about my offer for the CCR this Thursday 3rd Nov. Life boat will be at the First wing at 10am and shortly after outside the CCR.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Popped into the Flounge this afternoon around lunch and thought that I'd get some food. I found the options a new low - There was not a single protein-focused option in the buffet, in the deli area or on the menu. Protein is one of the three main macronutrients - is it really too much for BA to cater to someone who doesn't mainly want carbs or alcohol for a weekday lunchtime? The closest was a creamy chicken curry and rice without very much chicken. The other options were the inevitable white bread afternoon tea sandwiches, pies, cheeses and a soya chilli.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Has anyone got the current lounge password for the order from the app? Want to see how bad things are

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.