Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Someone please rescue me and invite me into the CCR!! The day options in GF today are possibly the worst I've seen. Salmonella salads and sangas or a wedge of iceberg lettuce, mystery curry or chicken thighs.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Someone please rescue me and invite me into the CCR!! The day options in GF today are possibly the worst I've seen. Salmonella salads and sangas or a wedge of iceberg lettuce, mystery curry or chicken thighs.
…and the (in my view awful) Chicken Tikka has been enhanced from the menu to be replaced by Vegetarian Rogan Josh.

Two of the three table service options are vegetarian and the only non-veg one is a chicken thigh served on a flatbread with “naked” (ie dry) coleslaw on the side.

It’s really really poor.

And I still hate the fact that all the tonic water is flavoured…can’t we just get normal tonic please???
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Next trip is 3/11 and I'll be in the CCR 1030 - 1400.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Nov 2, 2022 at 10:43 am Reason: To comply with thread rules
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
They have now also removed bottled water which was great when flying in economy. And the afternoon tea is also gone - just sandwiches and carrot cake left - and that is the only dessert offered.
danmushman likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by seat1C
…and the (in my view awful) Chicken Tikka has been enhanced from the menu to be replaced by Vegetarian Rogan Josh.

Two of the three table service options are vegetarian and the only non-veg one is a chicken thigh served on a flatbread with “naked” (ie dry) coleslaw on the side.

It’s really really poor.

And I still hate the fact that all the tonic water is flavoured…can’t we just get normal tonic please???
Everyone is different. I think the chicken flatbreads are really good and not dry at all as they are covered in sauce, the Thai red curry actually had plenty of meet in it and veg and the steak and ale pies while small were very nice. If my memory serves me right there was also so pasta dishes as well.
If anything I would say the food in the GF is now better than it has been for a very long time.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by CT-UK
If anything I would say the food in the GF is now better than it has been for a very long time.
I was there this morning and I did enjoy the English breakfast (pity about the tomatoes and black pudding).

I also enjoyed a glass of self pour champagne.

I'll be checking out their lunchtime offerings this weekend.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
pity about the tomatoes and black pudding).

What happened to the black pudding?
DelTroon likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
What happened to the black pudding?
It was MIA.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Grace B
It was MIA.
They don't have it there either.
bafan and Lefly like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
They don't have it there either.
Oh, I did think they might have. Silly me.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
For breakfast, the eggs Benedict are gone now. Instead the only option to order is scrambled eggs on toast. Freshly made from powder, they taste horrible! I can't believe how people are so desperate to get into this lounge that they do tier point runs..
NoY and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The fishcakes in one of the above pictures would suit me down to the ground Love the cheaper ones that come in bulk catering boxes (ok, I've seen them being made during student summer jobs, but still think they're far superior than all these fancy ones with cream etc.). Couple of them mashed with ketchup between some bread and that's me sorted
Always loved having 4 of them. One soaked in vinegar, one plain, and the other two in a sandwich.
bafan and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by petter2
And the afternoon tea is also gone - just sandwiches and carrot cake left - and that is the only dessert offered.
The freezer with mini ice cream tubs has been removed as well.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by xenole
The fishcakes in one of the above pictures would suit me down to the ground Love the cheaper ones that come in bulk catering boxes (ok, I've seen them being made during student summer jobs, but still think they're far superior than all these fancy ones with cream etc.). Couple of them mashed with ketchup between some bread and that's me sorted
Always loved having 4 of them. One soaked in vinegar, one plain, and the other two in a sandwich.
Dirty. My sort of fishcake language…
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by petter2
For breakfast, the eggs Benedict are gone now. Instead the only option to order is scrambled eggs on toast. Freshly made from powder, they taste horrible! I can't believe how people are so desperate to get into this lounge that they do tier point runs..
Yep, it's pretty bad. The GF F Lounge is the second or third best business class lounge at LHR

Regards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.