Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I really wish the lounge / catering staff would put some sort of cover/barrier over the open food to reduce flies from sitting on it and for germs.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by sdmr
I’m cheered to hear that GF is creeping back to some form of pre-pandemic “normality!”
Indeed, but I wonder if it also includes the English breakfast buffet?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Bring back the Ice Cream Tubs - they were yummy !!
GuyWMD likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Lefly
I see nothing to complain about
A lot better offers than what's available at a lot of other lounges.
Good to see the hot buffet and chillers back in use, but the lack of chilling for the sandwiches, cheese and most of the salad is still concerning.

The ŕ la carte menu now consists of only two hot food items.

The quality of the good on the whole isn't comparable to any other home hub oneworld Emerald lounge that I can think of.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Currently in the GF lounge and notably the BA Burger has disappeared once again, though some may well say that's fine, personally I thought it was ok and always filled a stodge gap. Not overly impressed with the food offerings today, same as described above, only the fishcake looks potentially promising, though the Chicken Tikka Masala looked ok when I saw it being delivered to someone.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by volar
I’m in the Flounge now and I’m happy to report that the temporary food tables at the entrance to the dining area have been removed and the buffet has been restored back to its pre-pandemic location. Hot food in the heated counter and salad and sandwiches plus soup along the side. The at-seat ordering is still available but with very limited choices.
Must say I am glad to hear this.
I have a few tight connections coming up and I have always appreciated the ability to help myself in GF instead of waiting for table service in the CCR if I just want a quick bite.

With Japan re-opening and HK seemingly heading that way it feels like the last vestiges of changes due to this horrible, horrible pandemic are shrinking away.
Acidity likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
The ŕ la carte menu now consists of only two hot food items.
It's a shame the nicely presented afternoon tea on the fancy stand seems to have disappeared too.

Last edited by BJ787; Oct 5, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Passed through here twice in the last couple weeks. It had been quite sometime since I'd last visited this lounge. It struck me as a perfectly adequate (albeit somewhat mediocre) business class lounge...

I did appreciate using the First Wing though.

Regards
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:07 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubadu
Passed through here twice in the last couple weeks. It had been quite sometime since I'd last visited this lounge. It struck me as a perfectly adequate (albeit somewhat mediocre) business class lounge...

I did appreciate using the First Wing though.

Regards
This sums it up nicely. Adequate. It's also rather scruffy, somewhat dated & generally over-crowded. And as for the bathrooms
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by NoY
This sums it up nicely. Adequate. It's also rather scruffy, somewhat dated & generally over-crowded. And as for the bathrooms
Has it been refurbed since it opened ?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:26 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by NoY
It’s better than the GC South and North. I always chose to go to Wetherspoons rather than sit in those.

GF is better than Wetherspoons, although if I knew my gate was up the other end then i’d probably just go there instead.
bafan, becks1 and casey89 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Butts
Has it been refurbed since it opened ?
The lounge has received new carpets twice (or maybe even three times), lino in the washrooms has been replaced (original blue swapped for black), wooden floors have been sanded, furniture has been partly changed over the years with both Galleries Evolution and the latest concept items - but no substantial refurbishment. The bones of the lounge are the same as on opening day in 2008.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
And as for the bathrooms
Yeah. They are pretty special…
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:58 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JD1905
It’s better than the GC South and North. I always chose to go to Wetherspoons rather than sit in those.

GF is better than Wetherspoons, although if I knew my gate was up the other end then i’d probably just go there instead.
It should bl**** well be better than GC lounges or Wetherspoons. LOL!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:07 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Genius1
The lounge has received new carpets twice (or maybe even three times), lino in the washrooms has been replaced (original blue swapped for black), wooden floors have been sanded, furniture has been partly changed over the years with both Galleries Evolution and the latest concept items - but no substantial refurbishment. The bones of the lounge are the same as on opening day in 2008.
I sat in there last week & looked around (from my tatty chair & picked up my Bloody Mary from the scratched, worn out table) & reflected on recent visits to SQ's Silver Kris lounge in Singapore, QR's Al Mourjan Lounge in in Doha & their immaculate Al Safwa Lounge also in Doha (a little unfair to compare to GF, granted) & thought....jeez this place (GF) is really quite shabby &, frankly, borderline grubby/unpleasant.

BA has clearly (as they've largely done in recent years in CCR) just tinkered with the place & its decor since inception. Honestly the bathrooms are below the standard of public toilets in a low end UK supermarket or shopping mall. Yuck.
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.