Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by volar
I’m in the Flounge now and I’m happy to report that the temporary food tables at the entrance to the dining area have been removed and the buffet has been restored back to its pre-pandemic location. Hot food in the heated counter and salad and sandwiches plus soup along the side. The at-seat ordering is still available but with very limited choices.
amazing. Heading there in 4 weeks. Any chance you have some photos? Did they extend the spirits/liquor offer?
camdentown likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by casey89
amazing. Heading there in 4 weeks. Any chance you have some photos? Did they extend the spirits/liquor offer?
No photos I’m afraid - it was busy and I was in a rush. Food was curry, rice, something veggie, chicken thighs and potatoes - same as on the table service menu. Sandwiches, salads (bean salads, coleslaw, that kind of thing) and sandwiches on the side plus I think 2 soups. Spirits and other drinks appear unchanged.
casey89 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by woodey
Did you grow up in the UK? What game did you used to play in the playground in the autumn?
See Post 557; I answered my own question But I like the hint!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Has JW Blue been enhanced from Galleries First Lounge (t5) ?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Has JW Blue been enhanced from Galleries First Lounge (t5) ?
I haven't seen it since March 2020; when I was there a month or so ago the chap at the bar said it was only in CCR, but I didn't press whether that was temporary due to supply or an 'enhancement'
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Has Tanqueray 10 been enhanced from the LHR FLounge? Pretty sure it was there a couple of weeks ago on my last visit!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Has Tanqueray 10 been enhanced from the LHR FLounge? Pretty sure it was there a couple of weeks ago on my last visit!
They had Tanqueray 10 last weekend. Note, however, that the bar has a sign asking you order via app but the app doesn't include T10 as an option. So, if you want that you need to go to the bar and ignore the sign...
pythonisman likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
I’m in the Flounge now and I’m happy to report that the temporary food tables at the entrance to the dining area have been removed and the buffet has been restored back to its pre-pandemic location. Hot food in the heated counter and salad and sandwiches plus soup along the side. The at-seat ordering is still available but with very limited choices.
im on the terrace just now. The buffet is back and looks like unappetising slop, as per. The order online menu is Chicken Tikka (which I had last time and it was stone cold), a salad served on a bagel, or a chicken thigh served on.a flatbread.

I ordered the Heinz tomato soup from the kids menu and it tasted fine, though was cold.

they don’t have bottles of water out - there used to be loads and they were chilled. They have filtered still water which is luke warm.

There were bottles of wine earlier but the staff have taken them away, though there are flights going for the next couple of hours.

As always the staff are the opposite of proactive and tables are being left with empties on them for ages.

All in all really poor

PS - there are now two staff straightening up the wine glasses that no one can use!
ajamieson likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:29 am

Hmm. IMHO the LHR T5 Galleries both First and Club are unfortunately very poor product and are worse in basically all categories in compare with for example Flagship lounge (not even mentioning the Flagship First dining). It is a shame because the BA galleries are (basically) the only lounges in T5 so there is no competition for them. In T3 it is the same product in Galleries, but there are much much better alternatives such as amazing Qantas or Cathay lounges (if we stick to the OW).
Genius1 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
A few photos:

Hot buffet 1 with cauliflower tarts, fishcakes, BBQ chicken and steak and ale pies

Hot buffet 2 with nearly the same, although no cauliflower tarts.

Cheese area (only stilton, cheddar is listed but "somewhere downstairs" so not on display)

Sandwiches (the usual suspects) and cake.

Salad bar 1

Salad bar 2

Souls (hot, and make your own).

​​​​
crazy8534, Lefly, volar and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I see nothing to complain about
A lot better offers than what's available at a lot of other lounges.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
A few photos:​​​​
Nice, do you have any booze/bar photos? 😆
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by casey89
Nice, do you have any booze/bar photos? 😆
Looks to be the same, whites/fizz not pictured!

casey89, danmushman and himang like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Good pictures JustTheOne, thanks for posting.
Looks like the food and drinks are at last getting back to normal. I was very tired of the very limited selection on the app and then the little buffet.
JustTheOne and casey89 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:21 pm

I’m cheered to hear that GF is creeping back to some form of pre-pandemic “normality!”
camdentown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.