Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by camdentown
Agree, its a poor interim arrangement. I was there last week.
Get back to the pre-COVID configuration and we'll be in a good position.
The BA posturing about how much everyone loved the ordering by-phone-app is pure bluff and penny pinching. The choice was unappetising and very limited and the time to delivery doesn't work for many passengers.
tbh this all feels like a staff shortage compromise menu... I wouldn't hold out hope of anything better until, y'know, there are enough staff to do anything about it. Rubbish, and not an incentive to renew Gold, but what can you do?
camdentown likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The salads were decent.

But they don’t even have cheese anymore? Smoked salmon sandwiches went ok with the salad.

everything else was meh, from liquor to sweets,

ordered table good, but didn’t have time for it.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What are the dessert options at LHR? Last time I was at LGW this is what they had.

Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ringingup
What are the dessert options at LHR? Last time I was at LGW this is what they had.

They had chocolate cakes on the buffet during my visit more than a week ago.

Make your own burger station

Sandwiches

Hot items: Scotch pie, BBQ chicken wings

Salad station

Pho broth
dcmike, KARFA, LCSinTexas and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Is it just me, or the idea of food being left out with out refrigeration makes me feel a bit queasy?
alex67500, ringingup and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Is it just me, or the idea of food being left out with out refrigeration makes me feel a bit queasy?
Yes, it's just you...

But as a strong supporter of the help-yourself approach, it looks pretty good to me. Hopefully the breakfast spread is as good.

Of course, I could always go to the J lounge and have the odd bacon bap (if they still exist). Haven't been to any BA lounge for 3 years, so I have no idea...
endoman and bafan like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I spent 6 hours at LHR GF yesterday due to the flights I was able to get with miles.

They have a QR Code ordering system now. Breakfast had a lot of options: full English, various warmed breads with either bacon or eggs or vegetable options on them and of course you can order hot or cold drinks with pastries right to your seat. That was great especially as you don't have to flag anyone down. The lunch options via the menu were more limited. Four options: vegetarian meatballs, chicken pie, a beef barbacoa burrito and one other vegetarian one.

Bacon muffin

Tea and biscuits

The buffet is back out as well. I ventured over for lunch but not breakfast.

Burger bar. This was fun.

Buffet showing the extensive cold options and sandwiches plus two soups

There were also some chicken wings and hot potatoes.

Liquor selections have further deteriorated from 2020

Champagne bar
salut0 and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by CMK10
Liquor selections have further deteriorated from 2020
This is something I don't quite get. I know it's a first world problem, but while the wines are (usually) a bit better than upstairs, I don't think there's much if anything in it on the spirits side now.

Crossing my fingers it's supply chain issue & we'll see the return of JW blue in time - or if it is permanent cost cutting, at least a decent single malt as a consolation prize
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:41 am

One thing I noticed when last in there was the ability to pick and choose your hot breakfast, so Mrs FW ended up ordering her veggie brekky and left all the bits she didn't want behind. Quite a waste. Not sure why they scrapped what was originally a positive improvement.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Delete.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is the DIY burger bar available before noon?

Please don't judge me. I like a good burger before a 12:00 flight
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:21 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by RTheys
Is the DIY burger bar available before noon?

Please don't judge me. I like a good burger before a 12:00 flight
Yes. I was there a couple of weeks back & the burgers were there at 11.20am. They did look pretty rank though, I have to say
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:13 am

I’ve been back in the LHR T5 GF lounge a few times over the last few months after a couple of years away during the pandemic. I have to say I’m really disappointed with the food offer. The bar seems ok. There is always a decent glass of cold champagne on hand. But the food options, particularly for vegetarians, extremely limited. I usually end up taking a plate of salad. It would be incredibly easy for them to add a veggie burger option alongside the existing DIY burger. And something (anything!) other than veggie curry on the app menu would be welcome.

Any suggestions of how to give feedback to BA about this? I can only find complaint or compliment on the website. I just want to give feedback 🤷‍♂️

LGW GF is an all round better experience, IMHO…
camdentown likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

Ham and pea pie

Cambodian veggie curry

The pie was good, but very small which means there was too much crusty and not enough filling. The curry was spicy but OK.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
All bottled water has been done away with in GF (Presumably upstairs too), it's all from a couple of fancy Brita taps next to the coffee stations now so remember to take a bottle if you usually leave with a couple! sods law I forgot mine the first time I needed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.